The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Damn Chris Cairns got dropped from the ODI squad to tour SA. Though, he has vowed to come out of first class retirement to regain his spot. This is good for us since we are in a rebuiliding phase. Theres a new guy in town , Jeetan Patel for the Kiwis.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
Why put Jacques in the squad when you have young future prospects such s Hodge and Hussey?
I dont know anyone by the name of jacques.
I do know a Jaques though, and he's only 26. Hodge and Hussey are 30 and only have 4 at best years at the top.

Young future prospects??

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
copious said:
Australia off to a good start 100 -1 .
yeh and now we're doing crap with 154-5...omg what is wrong with clarke ever since he got that stupid allan border medal he has been doin crap...and my poor marty...damn for getting marty out for a duck :(...when i dont watch the cricket we do crap...when i watch we win...damn the hsc...makingmy aussie boys loose :(

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
watching this game reminds me of how poor the ICC has been with 'chuckers'. Like both Ahktar and Mulari have a distinctive chucking action...its a wonder how the arm is not bending more than 15 degrees...I got called for 'chucking' a few weeks ago even dammit, and action is nothing like theirs...lol. I am getting ripped off.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Have a cry Meads.

Good game. Where the crowd though? The only excuse could be that its a Wednesday. In that case, there should be some filled up seats in the evening.

CARN JACQUESY! CARN POLLY!

Secthaba Sa. South Africa.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Mate how good is Vettori playing! I knew he would be awesome.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Bookie said:
Have a cry Meads.

Good game. Where the crowd though? The only excuse could be that its a Wednesday. In that case, there should be some filled up seats in the evening.

CARN JACQUESY! CARN POLLY!

Secthaba Sa. South Africa.
very constructive of you...as usual...but i must remember that u know everything about anyting.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well done Vettori. He steps out of his shitness whenever he plays in Australia. Well done again. 4 wickets in an ODI is no easy feat. Top stuff.

One query - Why the hell didn't SMP bowl himself out [I hope it was for the good of South Africa]

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
listen there is no need to get so serious about it, i was being a little light hearted considering i had been called for chucking myself...besides this is not about murali vs. Australia, Ahktar seems to throw, Murali seems to throw, and Lee seems to throw. That is how i see it.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I wouldnt swap Afridi with Sangakkara, although Sangakkara may be tired. I reckon theyshould put Pietersen up the order;

I'd go;

Sehwag
Pietersen
Lara
Kallis
Dravid
Flintoff
Pollock
Sangakkara
Afridi
Vettori
Shoaib

Jimmy_B

HSC
meads mate, they've been cleared before and going over this murali vs australia debate for the 2030489598th time would be fucken tedious.

well done to binga though, getting us to 255. bnut their batting lineup looks something like:

V Sehwag
KC Sangakkara
JH Kallis
BC Lara
KP Pietersen
R Dravid
A Flintoff
Shahid Afridi
SM Pollock
DL Vettori
Shoaib Akhtar

with maybe afridi opening and swapping with sangakkara. but fuck me, the top ten all have test centuries to their name.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Bookie said:
I wouldnt swap Afridi with Sangakkara, although Sangakkara may be tired. I reckon theyshould put Pietersen up the order;

I'd go;

Sehwag
Pietersen
Lara
Kallis
Dravid
Flintoff
Pollock
Sangakkara
Afridi
Vettori
Shoaib
yeah, afridi's one of those "floaters" who can pretty much slot in anywhere if they need a bit of a spike to the run rate. especially if australia are using one of their power plays. that lineup no matter how it's arranged looks ridiculously good anyhow.

i think unless mcgrath gets into them, the likes of lee, white, bracken, watson, symonds and clarke won't be keeping them down to 255.

Jimmy_B

HSC
he can be, but the pie factory always seems to be open when he's around.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
GO AUSSIE GO---> WE RULE-----WE ARE SO GONNA WIN :)--->damn lee for dropping an easy catch :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)