• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
AntiJap said:
haha so true
You are nothing but a racist fucktard. I am not a Muslim...but I have learnt to accept people of other nationalities and faiths. Even your username 'AntiJap' smacks of racism. Please correct me if I am wrong. I also find your sig "today is a good day for suicide" completely inapropriate. A friend of mine committed suicide only a few years ago. I'm sure that many people on this forum are in the same situation and also find your signiature to be inapropriate. To make fun out of something so serious is completely insensitive. Grow up, dickhead.

Last edited:

britneyponting

HSC
Hey Yall!!!
The VB series this year is going to be off the hook... does anyone know when the 2nd final tix for sydney are going on sale? :confused:

Last edited:

sideshowtim

HSC
Aussies and Kiwis will dominate the VB series, Poms are pathetic at one dayers.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
You are nothing but a racist fucktard. I am not a Muslim...but I have learnt to accept people of other nationalities and faiths. Even your username 'AntiJap' smacks of racism. Please correct me if I am wrong. I also find your sig "today is a good day for suicide" completely inapropriate. A friend of mine committed suicide only a few years ago. I'm sure that many people on this forum are in the same situation and also find your signiature to be inapropriate. To make fun out of something so serious is completely insensitive. Grow up, dickhead.
why is my comment racist? at most it's discriminatory against muslims, but is islam a race. No. islam is a religion.

my username is not discriminatory against a race because of the colour of their skin or physical features, it's discriminatory against their actions during wwii.

as for the suicide learn to lighten up and dont call me names like 'dickhead' and 'fucktard' just cos u have nothing better to say.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
In any case, your comments still amount to discrimination. I am not just calling you names like 'dickhead' and 'fucktard' just because I have nothing better to say. I call you such things because they are completely relevant to a person like you. Dickhead.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Yeah, well fuck you too you piece of shit. Get the fuck off your high horse and go eat satan's penis. FUCKtard.

sideshowtim

HSC
So...anyway...back to cricket...what does everyone think the team should be for the first test of the Ashes? I'd have:

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Jaques
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Clark
McGrath

sideshowtim

HSC
They should slot Jaques into the middle order, a good batsman is a good batsman anywhere and Jaques has been stacking on the runs in County Cricket this year. We need to abandon the all-rounder experiment because it's clearly not working -- We have been the best side in the world for over 10 years without a single all-rounder, and let's face it, there is no one in Australia right now at the level of Flintoff. We can't sack Langer either, the bloke is a living legend and recently hit a huge triple ton in County Cricket, 342 I think it was. I think Clarke deserves a spot in the order over Martyn simply because of his great potential, plus it never hurts to have a youngster amongst all the experience. He is certainly going to captain Australia one day and if he produces the results in Pura Cup he certainly deserves another go.

With Tait, he has just come back from an injury basically and isn't too fit and doesn't have enough match practice. I would certainly not be trying him in the Ashes squad unless he produces brilliant results in the Pura Cup. At the moment Clark has to be there, his debut series in South Africa was nothing short of brilliance and he filled the void of McGrath superbly. Also, with the inclusion of Clark you get a bit of an experienced head in there, he has played plenty of cricket. Gillespie is pretty much out of the equation, today he even came out himself and said he wasn't backing himself.

sideshowtim

HSC
Having Tait isn't going to help that, he's too similar to Lee minus some accuracy. Neither is having MacGill, he is similar to Warney. Our bowling attack is varied enough with an express bowler, a world-class spinner and a line and length bowler, I think we can afford to have at least one similar bowler to another in there. If not, there is always Bracken who is quite different as he gets alot of swing and bowls at McGraths pace.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sideshowtim said:
Having Tait isn't going to help that, he's too similar to Lee minus some accuracy. Neither is having MacGill, he is similar to Warney. Our bowling attack is varied enough with an express bowler, a world-class spinner and a line and length bowler, I think we can afford to have at least one similar bowler to another in there. If not, there is always Bracken who is quite different as he gets alot of swing and bowls at McGraths pace.
Mcgrath is too old it will better for australian cricket - if he jsut retired. i cant believe bowlers like joohnson, lewis are being selected - they suck. Gillespie has to be given another chance!

as for opners - langer, hayden, katich
no.3 - ponting
no.4 - hodge
no.5 - clarke
no.6 - hussey
no.7 - gilly

martyn oldie - has to go
so does hayden.

Mohamed Asif is looking like gun bowler - ripped the indians and now sweepin trhu the poms.

Last edited:

.ben

HSC
It's true that Langer, Hayden, Gilchrist, McGrath and Martyn are gettin' old but let them have the Ashes as the last hurrah and then we can use the tour of Zimbabwe as training for newbies like Cosgrove, Haddin etc

HotShot

-_-
HSC
GUD OKD DARRELL HARPER IN THE SPOTLIGHT AGAIN... i would be surprised if he blown up by al-qaeda anytime soon.

otay

HSC
You mean Darrel Hair. Yeah wat a funny cunt. I don't really like the dude, think he's as bad as Billy Bowden as an ump. But what he and Doctrove did was right. Maybe he could have called off play for the day, and let it be judged by the Match Referee at the end of the day (like Dickie Bird said on the radio today). But he had every right to not let Inzy and his team decide to play when they want. You can't pick and choose when you want to play. You can't protest by not playing because you don't agree with an ump (well you can and then you can just fuck off and forfeit). I respected Inzy, now I think he's a bitch like Joey. Have a whinge why don't you. Maybe he didn't get any scones with his tea, I imagine he'd be quite grumpy if he hadn't of eaten.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
You mean Darrel Hair. Yeah wat a funny cunt. I don't really like the dude, think he's as bad as Billy Bowden as an ump. But what he and Doctrove did was right. Maybe he could have called off play for the day, and let it be judged by the Match Referee at the end of the day (like Dickie Bird said on the radio today). But he had every right to not let Inzy and his team decide to play when they want. You can't pick and choose when you want to play. You can't protest by not playing because you don't agree with an ump (well you can and then you can just fuck off and forfeit). I respected Inzy, now I think he's a bitch like Joey. Have a whinge why don't you. Maybe he didn't get any scones with his tea, I imagine he'd be quite grumpy if he hadn't of eaten.
harper and Hair both of them are FAGS.. lol

nah i actually dont support the umpires on this one. I dont think its fair to judge the ball tampered after one ball appeared to swing a little more. Maybe a little word with players and the issue really could have been solved overnite as you said , they could have awarded 5 runs later on with more verification..because u jsut have just claimed that the pakistani cheated without any proof- there is video footage of any ball tampering nor does the ball appear to be tampered according to the coaches.

i think inzy did the right thing - its all bout honour it was a team decision obviosuly and with coaches support. so obviously there took it very seriosuly as you would.. because remember pakistan were in the position to win the match.

otay

HSC
Honour? Pfft u cop it on the chin and appeal at the end of the day or match like every1 else. You think when there is a contentious catch given not out and the fielder is sure he caught it...he should lead his team off the field because the umpires have deemed that he didn't in fact catch it and implies that he is cheating by claiming the catch?????? No way. You get on with the game and accept the umps decision. Yeah he may be wrong and/or a dickhead (as in Hair) but what he says goes.

And i'm not too sure Pakistan actually thought they were gonna have to forfeit, so they maybe didnt realise they were sacrificing the game.

And its not like the Pakistan team is all so innocent. Remember Afridi last year delibrately scuffin the pitch against England and he copped a suspension.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Pakistani teams are sore losers. They think they can drum up racist charge against the umpire but hey they failed. I admire the umpire's decision and integrity. Cricket will never be popular as other sport because of arrogance of players just because of their country have influence over the organisation. ICC should stand proud and grant Inzamam the harshest punishment ever and ban Pakistan for at least 1 year.

otay

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Cricket will never be popular as other sport because of arrogance of players just because of their country have influence over the organisation.
What are you on about? Cricket is already the most popular sport in Australia. Don't need to look any further than to see how quickly this years Ashes tickets sold out. Also most popular sport in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, West Indies, Zimbabwe and top 2 in Sth Africa and NZ and top 2 or 3 in England. 2nd most popular sport in the world, after football (soccer). And don't get me started on the influences the big countries in football have in Fifa, and yet its still extraordinarily popular worldwide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)