The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
timlay said:
NZ looked crap.... mind me for being slow , but i have to lol at nixon. what does the old man think he's doing? LAWL NICE DEBUT. TRYHARD. HOW MANY RUNS?
Ignoring the ODI on Friday, Nixon's innings of 31 from 22 in the Twenty20 was much better than what Jones or Read did in the Ashes series.

Australia undefeated through the Commbank series, the Chappell-Hadlee series and the World Cup? Doesn't look too far off now.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Huratio said:
Ignoring the ODI on Friday, Nixon's innings of 31 from 22 in the Twenty20 was much better than what Jones or Read did in the Ashes series.

Australia undefeated through the Commbank series, the Chappell-Hadlee series and the World Cup? Doesn't look too far off now.
the thing i'm worried about is that this injury ridden kiwi team and this shithouse english team isn't really going to answer any of the questions we have over many of the players in our squad.

i think it's important we get real competition under our belts before the cup as these two teams in their current states are nowehre near the challenge that the windies will be at home, or as good as the lankans, saffies and on their day the paki's and indians.

i'm just worried about us getting into a comfort zone and maybe selecting the wrong players based on a series against two pretty unremarkable teams at the moment.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
agreed with jimmy there, we aren't exactly playing world-beaters at the moment, so the results can be misleading and get our players into an arrogant mode.

still, we can't ignore the importance of the moment that this series can offer us and take it into the world cup with a string of wins. we can also utilise this time to give marquee players a rest and give the young blood a go. like the last match, we only had bracks and clark as 'experienced' bowlers, and we still bowled them out quite comfortably. a good sign.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the world cup is always a different competition.

Australia at this point have good depth, but I doubt bowles like Hilfenhaus will do well against teams liks Sri Lanka or Pakistan. Who typically play 20/20 cricket in the first ten overs.

Unlike England and NZ who block out the first 10 overs for some odd reason??

muttiah

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
the world cup is always a different competition.

Australia at this point have good depth, but I doubt bowles like Hilfenhaus will do well against teams liks Sri Lanka or Pakistan. Who typically play 20/20 cricket in the first ten overs.

Unlike England and NZ who block out the first 10 overs for some odd reason??
cos england and NZ are scared to take risks

BlackDragon

HSC
yes they want to ensure they have wickets for the latter overs and do not lose 3 or 4 early ones which could threaten their innings from the outset.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
News from the Family Court

SYDNEY(AAP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Parramatta,
NSW courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who
should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge
initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law
and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree
possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried
out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should
have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with
child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the
English Cricket Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating
anyone.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
goony said:
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with
child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the
English Cricket Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating
anyone.
I've seen that one- but instead of 'English' it was 'Indian'

haque

HSC
Nz have a weak middle order, once Oram and Styris come back we'll see a much more competitive team-a depleted Nz side provided a fight(although only in patches of the game) while a close to ful strength england got hammerred all the way through. Mccullum up the top was meant to be a 20/20 style of play cos him and astle are pretty aggressive but they both got out cheaply(and they had trouble with hilfy)

Fast_heinz

HSC
Wow...

The World Cup runs from the 13th of March to the 28th of April...talk about a bloated ICC cash cow, in which the final result is practically a bygone conclusion

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Eng vs NZ atm looks like the ODI matches that were played a generation ago...where 200 was a considered a competitive score and 250 was considered a winning score. :p

HotShot

-_-
HSC
goony said:
Eng vs NZ atm looks like the ODI matches that were played a generation ago...where 200 was a considered a competitive score and 250 was considered a winning score. :p
lol!! :rofl:

I mean England are just pathetic to have a 36yrd old Keeper just before the WC when they could be trying to figure out who is better between Jones and Read.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Ahh... England win. Needed 1 run off 2 balls... that was a tense finish. I liked this match :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i didnt watch much was out..

new zealand..hit 6 off the second ball?

but yeah. got to a tv. 170 something after 40 something overs...

i thought england had it in the bag after that... :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Dumsum said:
Ahh... England win. Needed 1 run off 2 balls... that was a tense finish. I liked this match :)
Started watching from 5 overs left.. not a bad finish indeed.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Huratio said:
Started watching from 5 overs left.. not a bad finish indeed.
For some reason it came off as being a lot more boring than a game like that suggests. Might be the lack of personality in either of the teams playing or the fact that day internationals seem a lot more dull than day-night odi's.

Either way, this tri-series is a write-off. Why couldnt we have gotten some proper teams to play against before a world cup campaign. Confidence is good and we'll have plenty of that, but we need good competitive match practice to ensure we hit the ground running in the Windies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)