• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedzelic

HSC
Benny_ said:
^^ or did most of that insight come from the 3 Champions League matches SBS has shown of Liverpool playing Chelsea in the past 7 months, and one article regarding who played the most hoof ball in the lague.. oh lets see.. 3 months ago.
i can ausure you have viewed every liverpool game on sbs, fox andespn this season - i watch every game and that is where my opinon is based. that fact i happen to hear during a match a few mohtns ago - yes it may be outdated now, i dunno

Benny_ said:
* On Crouch- yes, he's a big striker, a lot of teams have big, strong strikers that hold the ball up and bring others into play. Viduka for Boro, Van Nistelrooy for United, Drogba for Chelsea, Shearer for Newcastle, Mista for Valencia, Vieri when he played at Inter.. the list goes on and on and on. The fact that Crouch is a bit taller than your average striker just lets him do that job that much better. He hasn't scored a lot of goals for Liverpool so far this season, but his holding up the ball has allowed us to play 10-20 yards further up the pitch. Since he's started playing for Liverpool, we've lost something 2 games this season. Bet that skysports article didn't tell you that..
i never said crouch wasn't a good player. in fact, i'm sure you can find a quote in hear backing crouch, although i may still refer to him as a circus freak. but i notice you've grouped crouch with some of the finest strikers in europe - i don't think he's in that class

Benny_ said:
*...but then, why should it? Liverpool were something like 12th in the table with a single win, a big defeat and and a bunch of draws at that stage. We were playing a 4-5-1 system that wasn't working, we scored a total of something like 4 goals in the first 6 or 7 matches.

Sorry if that came off a bit strong, but since Diana's no longer here I feel like someone needs to stand up for Liverpool when bullshit's headed our way.

anyway, my whole point is that liverpoo, are, in my opinion, not a good team to watch. and i can assure you this is from a neutral perspective. i don't go for any epl team. i only really go for the australians when they're playing, that's it. my team, ....is in another divison

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
nedzelic said:
well maybe the chlesea was an unfair call, but the reds! Come on! they always pass it well with xabi spraying 80m beckham like balls all over the park, but it never comes to anything. think about the last tiem you watched liverpool and were gobsmacked at some great moves or a brilliant team goal or whatever. no! the usual things that spring to mind when watching the reds are "geeze gerrad's played better before" "or great tackle by carra" or "fuck crouch should be in the circus". look, do you knows statistically who plays tyhe long ball the most in the prem??? take a wild guess.......
got it yet
it's LIVERPOOL . what do you think is going to happen when you play a 6 7" striker up front every game???
liverpool may well get results, but they'll do it the boring way. chelsea aren't as bad, they're pretty good, but they've hardly been sparkling this season.
if you want to see some good football - look at the arse-holes. now, if you can bring yourself for just a second to forget about results, just use all the power of your brain to just look at a game and view for an entertainment spectacle, not a competiton - then you will see things more clearly. barcelona this year and last, arse from a couple of years ago (and to a lesser extent this year and last at times) that's what teams should play like.
You're way, way off the mark.

Firstly, I'd strongly agree with BJ: who cares if you're playing entertaining football. If you're given the choice, actually if I'm given the choice of my club (a) winning, or (b) playing attractive football, without any overlap, I can say for sure that I'd tick-in (a). At the end of the season I'd rather be saying "we played plain football but the trophy's in the cabinet" as opposed to "we scored a hell of a lot of stunning goals, but still missed out on Europe, but it's worth it".

Besides, there's more to L'pool than hoofing long-balls up the pitch. Sure it's their primary route to goal, but they'd be silly not to make use of their existing personnel. I've seen them play very good football (in the EPL anyway), and they did make a sluggish start to this campaign, but they're getting their groove back. And even if they revert to Route 1 footy, I wouldn't blame them for it, and I'm not even a L'pool fan. :cool:

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Who gives a fuck about the quality of football you play, what matters is the results.
you have to be joking right??? everybody cares. would you watch a game of football if all that happened was, one team pased it along their backline for 90 minutes cos both teams were content with a draw?? (think gers this morning)
of course you wouldn't, if football wasn't entertaining, no one would watch it. why do you think lawn bowls and croquet aren't the most popular sport in the world??? huh???? well????? of course supporters want results, i want results for my teams, i know that's what it comes down to in the end. but i'm looking at the epl from a neutral perspective as i have no team and so think of what i'm saying from that perspective. i don't give a lazy toss wether liverpool come 1st or 20th. all i wann see each week is good football. so when i look in the program huid and see sunderland vs liverpool sunday morning at 4:15 am,,and the i look over and see espanyol vs barca starting at 5, well which would you choose?? (and i know that would be a derby match) but really, what do you want to see enetrating champiosn, or boring as shite champions. hence my commenst that it was good ehn arse were winning as they won (kept board happy) and were realy good tp wtach - keep verybody happy. trust me, if the epl continues this trend, the crows WILL drop off. do you know how many juev had at home in the ecl last week?? put it this way, sydney has gotten 3 1/2 time sthat thi season

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Look, if you were a football manager, would you be more concerned about results or the style of play. As a neutral I respect when clubs try to play for results. Do you think Rangers had any other option but to play for the point? Perhaps you may not to watch it, but when Celtic take on stragglers, when ManU takes on relegation fodder, and when Liverpool, your so-called boring club takes on easybeats, there is a capacity crowd. When you talk of Juve etc struggling for UCL crowds, thats not to do with style of play but another issue altogether. By the sounds of it, you just dont like the British style of football.

nedzelic

HSC
i've watched probably over 90% of the epl games shown on fox since 1998 - ie 100s. i LOVE the epl. just like i live for football. i'm just a little concerned and apprenhsive about the direction which our fine league - the best in the world is going, that's all. if you can't see that the style is being changed - in some cases in my opinion for the worse, then have a look man.

interestingly on 'gers. what the fuck were they doing this morning???? were they out of theur minds??? i would sack mclesuh just for that?? this is why:

there is 5 mins left. gers are drawing with inter - they need a win to be sure. if the other game ends in a draw, it doesn't mater what happens. if artemida win and gers lsoe/draw, bratislava go through. if porto win and gers draw, rangers go through.
ok so with 5 mins left, bpth teams are drawing. now rangers decide to defend. why is that ludicris some may ask? b/c if it's a draw in the other game there is no difference b/w a draw and a win or a loss for gers - so why not go for it instead of presuming artemdiea are not going to score at home (they missed a host of chances apparantly)?? what the fuck is the point of that. os basically, rangers mucked around for nothing for 5 minutes. and the to make the decison even more studpid, the other game finished 2 mins after gers. so once ges had drawn, if artmedia got a goal back, gers could not attempt to score another as ther game was over. how fucking stupid is that. there must have been some sort of communicatiion stuff up cos a few of the playres at the end of the game thought they were through - no wonder they were playign for a draw

mind bogglingly stupid. i mean just imagine if artemida had scored in the laxst minute of theiur game (after gers had finished). fuck me. i beleiev egg on the face is the expression.

god that was stupid

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I find it hard to believe that you can be a die hard fan of the Premier League and such a tough critic of the long ball at the same time. If anything, the EPL is becoming less boring to watch because it's adapted a more European flavour in recent years.

nedzelic

HSC
mate, the long ball went out the door with the start of the prem in 1992/3 and the end of the old 1st division. yes the game has improved markedly since the start of the league which has largely coincided with the influx of foriegn players and managers. and also, i wouldn't appoint an englihsman as manager as far as you could kick him. but i think, just recently, some trends have started that i'm not happy with

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Did anyone watch the Fiorentina Juve game on the weekend...? The first half waz the best football I've seen so far thiz season. Borin Serie A...? I think not.

nedzelic

HSC
mourinho, with just one press conferene can some up the reasonns that i hate him and the reason that he is the biggest fukcing tosser in the world (having said that it is good to have a charcter to laugh at - he amuses me)

this is an extract from sky:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho claimed he did not see the controversial tackle even though it occurred right in front of the two dugouts.

*he's blind

The Portuguese tactician also accused the Liverpool coaching staff of overreacting to the Essien challenge.

"I cannot give my version of it because I didn't see it," said Mourinho.

*he's bullshit and gutless

"I was telling the Liverpool bench that they were crying all the game. They needed to sit down a little bit and relax.

*he's hypocritical

"With me referees are always very strong and quick to put me in my place. But other managers can do what they want.

*woe is him

"For example if Jose Mourinho had done what Stuart Pearce did against Blackburn, it would have been a three-
month ban for me."

*he's paranoid and refers to himself in the 3rd perosn (in other words he's a nutter)

but never the less, he is funny to laugh at - he's a running joke, like crouch

donkeydrop

HSC
finally Rangers made it!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah, im excited Peter Loveinpants didnt miss this time! bring on new manager. thanks for a good times Alexxx McLeish :) :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well well well.. United's in what's arguably the second easiest group of the CL. Surely this is the end for Fergie.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that we won't get Simao now.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Well well well.. United's in what's arguably the second easiest group of the CL. No UEFA cup either. Surely this is the end for Fergie.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that we won't get Simao now.
I disagree, Villareal and Benfica are quality teamz, at least better than Betis and Anderlecht anyway. But thatz still no excuse, we're expected to make through to the next round. Thatz the end of that, only positive iz that we can concentrate mo on the league.

Eriksson...? Fuck off. :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
When did I say anything about Ericksson?

LMF- But are Villareal and Benfica better than Betis and Chelsea..hmm.. food for thought.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No team in our group were az good az Chelsea, they were competitive teamz nevertheless. Benfica are goin shit domestically but not az bad az Betis but showed real character tonight. They had a bit of luck too so I guess it just wazn't goin to be our night. Disappointin performancez against Lille ultimately cost us dear. I'm pissed off fo 2 reasonz, one becauz we're out (although finishin 3rd would be worse), the other iz becauz I'm goin late to work.

The Eriksson comment waz a response to Ryddecker.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. I was just wondering why he mentioned a Swede, did the SBS team mention it? I was watching it in Chinese this morning.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
nedzelic said:
anyway, my whole point is that liverpoo, are, in my opinion, not a good team to watch. and i can assure you this is from a neutral perspective. i don't go for any epl team. i only really go for the australians when they're playing, that's it. my team, ....is in another divison
fair enough, but you're going to have to stop watching them now aye?

nedzelic said:
you have to be joking right??? everybody cares. would you watch a game of football if all that happened was, one team pased it along their backline for 90 minutes cos both teams were content with a draw?? (think gers this morning)
of course you wouldn't, if football wasn't entertaining, no one would watch it. why do you think lawn bowls and croquet aren't the most popular sport in the world??? huh???? well????? of course supporters want results, i want results for my teams, i know that's what it comes down to in the end. but i'm looking at the epl from a neutral perspective as i have no team and so think of what i'm saying from that perspective. i don't give a lazy toss wether liverpool come 1st or 20th. all i wann see each week is good football. so when i look in the program huid and see sunderland vs liverpool sunday morning at 4:15 am,,and the i look over and see espanyol vs barca starting at 5, well which would you choose?? (and i know that would be a derby match) but really, what do you want to see enetrating champiosn, or boring as shite champions. hence my commenst that it was good ehn arse were winning as they won (kept board happy) and were realy good tp wtach - keep verybody happy. trust me, if the epl continues this trend, the crows WILL drop off. do you know how many juev had at home in the ecl last week?? put it this way, sydney has gotten 3 1/2 time sthat thi season
you just dont like British football aye? despite what you say...you're a confusing one

nedzelic said:
flop awards, check this out
a worthy winner. harry coulv'e collected this in his first year at liverpool

http://www1.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=66117
or Benfica :rolleyes:

Benny_ said:
Yeah.. I was just wondering why he mentioned a Swede, did the SBS team mention it? I was watching it in Chinese this morning.
i believe they did...they were showing him there just after one of scholes' attempts, and possibly mentioned him replacing Fergie

nedzelic said:
"With me referees are always very strong and quick to put me in my place. But other managers can do what they want.

*woe is him

"For example if Jose Mourinho had done what Stuart Pearce did against Blackburn, it would have been a three-
month ban for me."

*he's paranoid and refers to himself in the 3rd perosn (in other words he's a nutter)

but never the less, he is funny to laugh at - he's a running joke, like crouch
hahahaa...refs hate him because he's got such a great record....and the fact he's a tosser. He wouldnt of done what Pearce did because he hadnt planned that, seeming that Mourinho plans everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)