• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_87

HSC
PDHPE - 88
Modern History - 88
Business - 82
English Standard - 81
SOR 1 - 41/50
Mathematics (2 Unit) - 65

UAI of 85.50

I'm happy with that (except maths) considering I am lazy and didn't study much!

johnny_87

HSC
Kick-off is probably midnight Paragon. I think the coverage begins at 11:30. I've got to start work at 6 tomorrow (no idea why) but will still be up watching! COME ON UTD!

nedzelic

HSC
kick off for the early saturady games are nearly all - bar one this season - at 12:45 GMT. which, at the moment is 11:45EST. if we weren't in daylight saving time, it would be kicking off at 9:45

peace

nedzelic

HSC
kick off for the early saturady games are nearly all - bar one this season - at 12:45 GMT. which, at the moment is 11:45EST. if we weren't in daylight saving time, it would be kicking off at 9:45
this match is no exception

peace

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lookz like everyone will be cheerin fo Arsenal again on the weekend, can't afford to let the Cuntz win another big one.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Di Canio is alwight, a bit touched in the head but still ok.

And Griffith is just down the road. Griffith have some top footballers there for our age, how did you's go? What Griffith school did you play? When I was in Year 9 we played Griffith High and lost 2-0. Perhaps had of we won we might have gone on to play you?
we played griffith catholic college in what was winner of south coast versus winner of riverina i guess - last 32/16 in the comp which is pretty amazing for our school. we beat our own record from the yaer before when we got smacked in the south coast final by one holy spirit bellambi 7-0. they had a certain group of brothers, which included one jacob timpano. yours truely had to a job on him at some stage. unfortunately i was nursing a back injury at that part of that season and he snapped me; the cunt injured me and i was off. they actually won the whole hing it shoudl be mentioned. oh well, we got reveneg the next year!!!!! 3-1 at the same stage and yours truely scored. and if you know me, i don't EVER score goals, ever. as in in this season i got my first club goal since the under 10s.

forgiev me for this but i'm gonna crap on a long time as i love reminiscing more than king kev keegan about the old times.

anyway so we met griffith and fuck, what a place. i have never seen so many pizzarrias on the one street in my life - and in the middle of the country, not fucking lygone(spelling) street.

anyway, i still remember their lying prick coah who played anul fergusmoan-like mind games with us (against a team of kids) when he happened to be at the oval the day before the game when we were having a kick about and checking out the pitch. he lied and claimed he didn't have his three best players cos they were away and one was trialling with marconi: pure bullocks in the end.

anyway, this match still sends shivers down my spine and anyone else who was invloved. it is almost like the umentionable; like the iran game. everyone involved remebers it vividly - 'that game'. anyway, the cut a long story slighty shorter, we were 1-0 up at half time to a 'feeny kick' as it's been dubbed. this lad scored a goal 3 rounds earlier where he shot from 30 metres out on the sideline. well the cunt did it again. i can still remember making a run to near post and the quote 'fucking cross it...' was cut short as the ball looped the keeper inside the back stick

anyway, they scored 5 goals in no more than five minutes at the start of 2nd half that was just unbelievable. i still shudder at the thought. and after that, dead set we had just as many chances to score 5 more goals and win. we creemed em.
but it was not to be and it ended 5-1. i usually blame my self after losing a fotball match, especially at school with captaincy and whatnot, but i got the 3 points from their team and so i was satisfioed with my own game. i din't know what the fuck happened, but it happened.

anyway, that is still our record run and probably won't be broken in the near future

by the way, this record - which we ahd set a year before this and then broken, is no mean feat. our school only opened in 1991 and can boast TWO SOCCEROOS who couldn't come near us. Steven Laybutt and Luke Wilkshire both went to our school.

so in summary, it was a cunt of a match and anytime i hear the word griffith i shudder

also, i couldn't even exact revenge on the riverina as a whole in the state championships that year for my club at the time southern branch as i was ineliabel b/c i lived too far north; i was in the illwarra zone - fucking annoying. apparently it was a great match b/w the wto teams. anyway, now i am just rambelling

cheers for that, that felt good (that shoudln't be quoted out of context)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Nah, Griffith is a strong footballing area. The whole place, and most of Leeton has a huge italian influence, if you couldnt tell, meaning football is strong here. We maybe in the middle of nowhere, and in the country, but we're not backwards people either. Griffith has more multi millionaire per capita than any other place in Australia, plus there are three billionaires. Anyway, I moving to Canberra next year but if I ever have to move back to the "country" it would be back here. I played with most of the Catholic High boys in rep- we had an incredible squad. And they always claim they have their best players missing, and when they run on we shit ourselfs. Then they constantly change the starting times anlocations of matches- first we have to travel, then its at home, then it a morning game etc. The Catholic High vs St Francis games produce more fouls than a Besiktas vs Fener game- even tho we are shite compared to Catholic, we just have to bash the shit outa them. My mate kicked one of them in the balls it got that bad. Anyway, we had to play Griffith High that year- the main public school. We played a blinder and stayed in the game, and while Griffith High has little compared to Catholic (yet now it has changed), they are tough. Their best player, I was relived to see (as I am a keeper) played at sweeper and was the reason we couldnt score, but it took plenty out of their attack. Anyhow, our coach said not to worry bout him. He performed two dream runs to score both goals. Then they got beat 5-0 against Catholic.

Thats just an insight to football life here. I could keep going for much, much longer, but as you harbour bad feeling for our area, as one would understand, I wont push it on you. And ManU have won 2-0. I think Villa may slip from perennial mid table holders to relegation fodder, the way things are looking.

And my rant was way too long considering I just got back from an 18th. Im too sober, there was free grog there. Oh well.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
nedzelic said:
*gasps in horror and disbelief*
my rating of you as a human being just went down a notch or six
Well you like the huns, and "Gers fan" and "human beings" are terms you seldom hear together. :D

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Park played really well though, so he'd have to be happy with that.

Ronaldo on the other hand.......

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The final play of the match waz brilliant, Ronaldo did the trick but unfortunately Ruud could not find the net from 6 yardz.

Fergie haven't started C Ron lately, maybe freshenin him up durin the festive period.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Yeah that really was some good football...... but he still is overreaching to much, he has the capacity to be one of the world's best, but at the moment he doesn't have the discipline i think.

nedzelic

HSC
man utd did what they had to do against a terrible villa side. they didn't really set the game alight but got through ok

Jimmy_B

HSC
anyone wanting to watch the big one tonight should come down to cheers bar on george street. you'll probably see me and my bro there pissed off our tits by the time the arse game starts.

but more importantly the spurs-boro game before that should be a cracker :D

nedzelic

HSC
i'll be tucked up in my living room at 3:05 for that one - down in the gong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)