The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
the old first division :rolleyes:

im glad leeds was included

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I thought you meant Premier League history, cauz Man U will be ahead in that one, and Liverpool will be way back.
If we took into acct only EPL history there would only be 4 teams, ManUntied, Arse, Blackburn & Chelski who've actually won it!

But yeah theres still a few of those newer fans who think football records only began in 1992 when the Premiership was formed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
1 Liverpool
2 Manchester United
3 Arsenal
4 Everton
5 Aston Villa
6 Sunderland
7 Tottenham
8 Wolverhampton
9 Newcastle United
10 Sheffield Wednesday
11 Preston NE
12 Man City
13 Leeds
14 Blackburn
15 Chelsea
16 Huddersfield Town
17 Derby County
18 West Bromwich Albion
19 Nottingham Forest
20 Burnley
Er.. Chelsea has won a grand total of 2 league titles. Surely there are more than 14 teams who have won more?

On another note Nakata has joined Bolton on a season long loan. If he can rediscover his Roma form (and if I know Big Sam, he will) instead of spending all his time partying and modelling, he and Okocha will be one of the most lethal CM pairings in the league. Damn that's a shrewd signing.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Er.. Chelsea has won a grand total of 2 league titles. Surely there are more than 14 teams who have won more?
The list isnt just compiled on league results. it also includes FA cup and league cup results.

This is the criteria:
20 pts for league win
15 pts for second
10 pts for third
10 pts for FA cup
5 pts for runners up in final
6 pts for league cup win
3 for runners up

i did consider placing 25 pts for a UCL win, but europe wins shouldn't factor into a domestic comp

chelski have only had two league titles, but four FA cups. out of the teams below them, only huddersfield have had more league wins than chelsea anyway (3)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
hahaha...lol

they r goin to have to do somfin special in spain. itll be great to watch

matt#1

HSC
N/A
lol- that will be a pretty small champions league season highlights package for Everton at this rate. :)

In saying that though...I do hope that Everton produce something special in Spain and move on to the group stage.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
too bad beattie is out injured for some weeks

edit: and as the end of the transfer window draws near:

The Sun:
  • Portsmouth are keen on Arsenal winger David Bentley but prefer to take him on loan initially, with a view to an eventual £1m deal.
  • Newcastle are ready to up their bid for Fenerbahce's French striker Nicolas Anelka to £7m.
  • Aston Villa are ready to make Liverpool striker Milan Baros their highest paid player at £40,000 per week.
  • Charlton boss Alan Curbishley has made separate £1.5m bids for Everton striker Marcus Bent and Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer.

Daily Mail:
  • Pompey could face competition for Bentley from West Ham, who are also keen on the Arsenal man.
  • Liverpool have been alerted by Hasan Salihamidzic's admission he is ready to quit Bayern Munich.

The Mirror:
  • Everton boss David Moyes is lining up a £3m bid for Middlesbrough's Australian striker Mark Viduka.
  • Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez fancies Villa's Nolberto Solano as a makeweight in any deal for Baros.
  • Fulham outcast Steve Marlet is set to sign for German side Wolfsburg after spending two seasons on loan at Marseille.

Daily Telegraph:
  • Unsettled striker Clinton Morrison is confident he will be allowed to leave Birmingham soon.
  • Lyon are ready to use the income from Michael Essien's sale to Chelsea to thwart Newcastle's bid for Michael Owen.

Daily Record:
  • Celtic's £2.2m summer capture Maciej Zurawski could be dropped to the bench for Saturday's Old Firm match.
  • Republic of Ireland left-back Ian Harte said he would be tempted by a move to Celtic.

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
curbishley should stay away from bowyer, would be a bad signing imo ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Solano would be an awesome signing for us. He's a little on the old side though, we'd still want at least 5 million if he's coming as a makeweight.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
On another note Nakata has joined Bolton on a season long loan. If he can rediscover his Roma form (and if I know Big Sam, he will) instead of spending all his time partying and modelling, he and Okocha will be one of the most lethal CM pairings in the league. Damn that's a shrewd signing.
Sam's the master of shrewd signings. Can't wait.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Soccernet says Nakata was solely responsible for making Parma Japan's 6th favourite European club. That's pretty damn impressive. The shirt sales alone will make the deal worthwhile.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Soccernet says Nakata was solely responsible for making Parma Japan's 6th favourite European club. That's pretty damn impressive. The shirt sales alone will make the deal worthwhile.
shirt sales are the best reasons to buy asian players these days. Park at man u will bring glazer some $$$$. nakamura at celtic will do the same *fingers crossed*

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Hmm wonder who's the best supported in Japan? Atm probly Real Madrid, and b4 that ManU, all because of Beckham-san...

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm when I was in Japan I saw alot of people wear the j-league club jerseys, and the odd beckham madrid. But at their jersey stores they have everything, basically all the big league teams with jersey names and numbers in order of attack to defense, they are soccer crazy.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
They were'nt cheap, same price as here ranging from $150 - $200 depending on the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)