The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I bought my Liverpool shirt for a total of $20 AUD in Hong Kong. I've compared it with shirts you get here and can't tell any difference whatsoever. It's also good quality and hasn't started fluffling up like a lot of fakes tend to. BUT, I did get it at a dodgy flea market kind of place so I still suspect it's just a high quality fake.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
haha...fair enough. Maybe my position in my team is a reason for liking the players with flair. Guess what position I play? :)

also...for the 9384756...I like your new sig HeCtic. lol- "Patrick who?". Keep up the good work. I must remind you though that Lumparse will again grace your sig for 2 weeks if Arsenal lose on the weekend :) .

In saying that though...I hope Arsenal wins because they are a lesser threat to our title chances:). A draw would be good too.
Forgot about the Lumparse promise. But not to worry. Fab won't let me down.

Anyways, nite fellas. Got a big study day planned tommorow

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Forgot about the Lumparse promise. But not to worry. Fab won't let me down.

Anyways, nite fellas. Got a big study day planned tommorow
yea, its getting late. goodnight. I play on the right wing by the way. I don't quite have the flair and skill of Ronaldo, Figo or Giggsy but i'm pretty fast. :) I also play upfront sometimes. When I was younger I was a goalkeeper.

If enough bos people were interested..we could have a game of football one day. I'd certainly be up for it. :)

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Me , Timbk2 and Fatmuscle use to play for Strathfield, but our team sucked lol.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
For those of u that missed it:

Denmark 4 - 1 England

The Three Lions worst defeat in 25yrs!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
This is why Sven Goran Erikson must go. The FA hasn't got a moment to lose or else they'll miss their best chance of a World Cup victory since '66. Get in Vincent Del Bosque or someone alike. Ericsson's tactics were apparently quite shambolic last night. I think the main problem is that he just doesn't know his players.

Gerrard is primarily used as a DM when he should be allowed to push forward as often as he likes, as he does with Pool. The free role is instead given to Beckham, who really can't do anything other than cross the ball. Silly stuff.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
call guus hiddink! the man who can manage many a team/s :p

and yeh, Stevies presence (as with most players') is limited when he's kept back, as you said, when playing for 'pool he basically has a free rolewhich makes him quite effective and is the reason why he's a good player.

anyway, you're only as strong as your weakest link (sven)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the very humble Mr Carvalho said:
"I don't understand why I've been told to wait for another chance to play this season.

"I don't believe I will be third choice. It's incomprehensible.

"I want to know why I didn't play. How can I explain it when I don't understand it?

"Sincerely I gave a lot of thought and time to myself but cannot find a valid explanation.

"I don't understand the reason he put me in a group including Robert Huth, Joe Cole and Tiago.

"At FC Porto I didn't have an easy life with Mourinho, especially in the year he arrived."
poor baby...

edit: westham got bellion on a loan deal wonder how that wil turn out

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SWP for becks position :uhhuh:

time to watch Ireland i think :p more exciting than the english at the moment

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ireland was outclassed by milan.. i mean italy 1-2, pirlo and gila the goals, nesta got an assist, and vieri hit the post and muffed numerous chances

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
maybe its because england is continuously overhyped and isnt actually that great..... somehow i think sven will still keep his job tho just like trap did for italy for almost an eternity despite failures after failures

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
easily agreed. England are always over-hyped, always expected to be a great chance to win the next world cup, etc etc. It's probably from all their players on a big stage (tv)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
poor baby...

edit: westham got bellion on a loan deal wonder how that wil turn out
It will take him a while to get back into match fitness but i think he will be a good signing for us for 12 months. he's still very young, obviously has "some" potential if Fergie bought him for 2mil and he can cover our striking positions since we are short and can hop onto the right mid. If he does go in the mids we will have a very good counter attacking midfield but I'm pretty sure he is in to cover for Harewood and Sheringham and competing with Zamora.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
calamity james will never play another game for the national squad again.

paul robinsons spot is safe, and green should be 2nd in line

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
calamity james will never play another game for the national squad again.

paul robinsons spot is safe, and green should be 2nd in line
but thats what they always say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)