The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
hahaha

i'm playing football manager 2005

"souness believes Chelsea cannot win the title this yr"

"souness believes it is impossible for arsenal to defend their title as Arsene Wenger is not up to the task"

eh, still outdated, but hell funny

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fab won't let me down come Sunday. Hopefully Chelsea don't try and bore us to death like they did at the Community Shield.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
Fab won't let me down come Sunday. Hopefully Chelsea don't try and bore us to death like they did at the Community Shield.
for the first time in about a month i reckon arsenal can beat chelsea...seriously. Although, i didnt watch the community shield so im not sure how that went

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
does ne1 know where martyn is now though?

i remember he was at leeds with robinson. they were really spoilt for choice with keepers back then

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
thats right, he's there with richard wright in front of him. he's another that should surely be in front of calamity for england

^___^
HSC
robinson all the way
if only kirkland is physically better, then england doesnt have to rely only on one gk

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
HeCtic said:
Richard Wright is shite.
not a fan of your ex keeper, eh?

he was good when he was at ipswich, and hes good at everton. he suffered from the arsenal curse, where keepers are good and then play shite when there at highbury.

what do you think of lehmann?

^___^
HSC
wright played shit cos he was living under semen's shadow

no gk likes to be a second fiddle to a good gk, esp when you are going there prove yourself, let alone to england's no 1 at the point in time

lehmann on the other hand has a easier transition..

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
... and while i remember it:

"KEEGAN FILLS SCHMEICHEL'S GAP WITH SEAMEN"

was the headline on the man city website a few years ago.

the line still makes me laugh

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
not a fan of your ex keeper, eh?

he was good when he was at ipswich, and hes good at everton. he suffered from the arsenal curse, where keepers are good and then play shite when there at highbury.

what do you think of lehmann?
Wright- Can't catch a cross, poor distributor of the ball, always seems to punch shots and crosses straight into a crowd of players, can't organise a wall, doesn't cover his near post. Hahaha, yeah must be the Arsenal curse.

Lehmann- Solid keeper, has all the fundamentals knuckled down well, takes the initiative and is willing to play a sweeper-keeper role which is essential in a team that defends so high up the park. Prone to 2-3 errors a season.

Wright can't get off the bench at Everton and you want him in the England set-up?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
all im sayin is that i cant believe calamity is still in the squad. ive seen him make some of the best saves a keeper can make but any keeper that makes that many mistakes shouldn't be in the england squad.

robinsons spot is safe, but bench keeper must be greene.

and i think lehmann is brilliant, but made two to three uncharacteristic errors last season. every keeper did. given, dudek, niemi, schwarzer, even v.d. sar. lets not mention roy carroll...

wright, martyn (unless he is national retired) & co deserve a spot for england before james. itll be ages before is confidence rises after his last performance

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
and i think lehmann is brilliant, but made two to three uncharacteristic errors last season. every keeper did. given, dudek, niemi, schwarzer, even v.d. sar. lets not mention roy carroll...
True. Which is what makes Petr Cech's season so amazing. But I'm sure theres a mistake or two around the corner for him :)

England is pretty dearth of keeping talent bj. Apart from Robinson and Martyn the other keepers are all just as mediocre as each other. Sven probably prays every night that Robinso is fit for all their competitive matches.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
HeCtic said:
True. Which is what makes Petr Cech's season so amazing. But I'm sure theres a mistake or two around the corner for him :)
perhaps this week? i never thought i would support arsenal, but this week i want them to shit it in.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Granted I'm a little late but what the hell.........

England v Denmark game – I don't know how the English can stand it. I would have been cringing/crying half the game.

I think if England played with proper wingers giving their team width and have the centre keeping and passing the ball – they'd be better off. I LOVE seeing teams play with width - thats probably one of the reasons why I would have liked Figo to have come to us.

Also the Gerrard/Lampard combo ticks me off - it's an awful combination.
Gerrard is the best English CM, however, when he plays with Lampard - he has to take the holding role. That then takes away the best of Stevies game. He SHOULDNT be restricted, which is why people aren't seeing him at his best for England. Sven needs to find somewhere else for Frank to play because Stevie is a better player than Lampard - so if one is to be sacrificed it should be Frankie.

Gerrard plays alongside XABI who sits back. Against Boro Gerrard played behind Mori!! Gerrard's game is based on his dynamic runs forward - this is demonstrated often! SO WHY DOES HE COVER FOR LAMPARD? Under Rafa he is given a great deal of freedom - almost a free role! But under Sven, the opposite occurs - Gerrard is pushed further and further back!!

Also, I think that the defensive mid role should be given to Hargreaves. From what I've seen of his game, he looks quality. He has a great deal of energy, good feet, composed and is constantly getting in.

Play him and Gerrard.

Lampard can clean the boots or act as cheerleader. :D

As for James – I'm not even going to bother. That goes for Beckham too.

I like the Rooney + Owen pairing up front. I think both bring in great aspects and support each other well. I am getting rather annoyed at Sven's remarks to United about signing Owen because it would be good for the country. I'm sorry but I dont thing that Rooney and Owen playing together constantly at club level is going to boost the national teams performance a great deal. It won't help fix the mid and defense which are the one's in need of the most help!

@... - I agree! Kirkland is by far the best English keeper in my eyes. :)

Anyways - my friend taped a United match against one of the Asian clubs they versed.....You can be sure I'll be giving you my opinion on how I think they'll be doing this season after I've watched that and their match this weekend. Also - I'll try tape the Chelsea/Arsenal match and when the Pool transfers are complete - you sure as hell can expect a few essays and predictions from me. :D

-----

Off topic:

My brothers team are going overseas to Vanuatu to verse teams of other countries and there will be scouts there from all around the world.

I can't go because it's in October and HSC exams begin 17 Oct. And yea - I'm upset. I always watch his games and yes, I am one of those very very annoying sisters who yell advice to the team from the sideline :D

Anyways very proud of him and the team.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
btw who started on the left for england in the loss to denmark?

HSC
Although James was terrible against Denmark, alot of the attention was taken away from some pretty pathetic defending.

After the shocking season Valencia had last season, they continue to make solid purchases in the off-season. Defender Miguel Monteiro is a decent player from Benfica and adds to the likes of Patrick Kluivert, Edu, striker David Villa and winger Mario Regueiro. I don't think Spain will just be a battle between Barca and Real this season, Valencia and Athletico Madrid are in with a good shot.

When do England play again - the next round of World Cup qualifiers?

Edit: Great post Diana, I'm sure you'd make a great manager. :p

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Granted I'm a little late but what the hell.........

England v Denmark game – I don't know how the English can stand it. I would have been cringing/crying half the game.

I think if England played with proper wingers giving their team width and have the centre keeping and passing the ball – they'd be better off. I LOVE seeing teams play with width - thats probably one of the reasons why I would have liked Figo to have come to us.

Also the Gerrard/Lampard combo ticks me off - it's an awful combination.
Gerrard is the best English CM, however, when he plays with Lampard - he has to take the holding role. That then takes away the best of Stevies game. He SHOULDNT be restricted, which is why people aren't seeing him at his best for England. Sven needs to find somewhere else for Frank to play because Stevie is a better player than Lampard - so if one is to be sacrificed it should be Frankie.

Gerrard plays alongside XABI who sits back. Against Boro Gerrard played behind Mori!! Gerrard's game is based on his dynamic runs forward - this is demonstrated often! SO WHY DOES HE COVER FOR LAMPARD? Under Rafa he is given a great deal of freedom - almost a free role! But under Sven, the opposite occurs - Gerrard is pushed further and further back!!

Also, I think that the defensive mid role should be given to Hargreaves. From what I've seen of his game, he looks quality. He has a great deal of energy, good feet, composed and is constantly getting in.

Play him and Gerrard.

Lampard can clean the boots or act as cheerleader. :D

As for James – I'm not even going to bother. That goes for Beckham too.

I like the Rooney + Owen pairing up front. I think both bring in great aspects and support each other well. I am getting rather annoyed at Sven's remarks to United about signing Owen because it would be good for the country. I'm sorry but I dont thing that Rooney and Owen playing together constantly at club level is going to boost the national teams performance a great deal. It won't help fix the mid and defense which are the one's in need of the most help!

@... - I agree! Kirkland is by far the best English keeper in my eyes. :)

Anyways - my friend taped a United match against one of the Asian clubs they versed.....You can be sure I'll be giving you my opinion on how I think they'll be doing this season after I've watched that and their match this weekend. Also - I'll try tape the Chelsea/Arsenal match and when the Pool transfers are complete - you sure as hell can expect a few essays and predictions from me. :D

-----

Off topic:

My brothers team are going overseas to Vanuatu to verse teams of other countries and there will be scouts there from all around the world.

I can't go because it's in October and HSC exams begin 17 Oct. And yea - I'm upset. I always watch his games and yes, I am one of those very very annoying sisters who yell advice to the team from the sideline :D

Anyways very proud of him and the team.

hahaha...yeh...kirkland is good, but robinson is better :p

and yeh, gerrard is hindered by being forced to play defensive mid

and my brother was going for that trip to vanuatu but lost out a few games from the final :(

can always expect essays from you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)