The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
you'd think sven would be able to work something out.

other than the keeper possie, the national squad has never looked so good. rooney+owen is a brilliant combination. owen and rooney are very strong forwards that compliment each other well.

beckham: needs to come back to england. he is a quality player, played shite but so did so many others. the tabloids will put the pressure on him if SWP has a good season.

the CM is a tough one. gerrard and lampard are too similar to play alongside each other, but you wouldnt want to put either on the bench. and despite the depth in the backs, defence was ordinary at best. even though james played shite, not all the blame should go on him. the whole team (except rooney) were terrible

not to worry though i think. they should come good before next june

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Great post Diana, I'm sure you'd make a great manager.
Hear hear! Diana for Sven's job. When she's won the world cup and writes her bibliography, I'm sure she won't forget her old pals on BOS :D

Crazy Horse

HSC
@Italian - Although he did make a very bad error which gave Denmark their first goal I agree that the defenders have to be blamed as well for the other goals.

I know that Carra's made the CB place his own but why not shift him out wide again like he used to play? I think they should trial him there beside Terry and Rio and see how he goes... I'm very very interested to see how that would work...

I have no idea about Englands next matches? I assume it'll be WC qualifer's. I heard on the news today that the Australian Squad for the qualifiers is set to be announced quite soon.

I sure hope Athletico Madrid are up there! I very very much admire the style of play Torres produces. Its a shame that the Spanish national team has Mori + Raul as first picks. I think it should be Torres + Mori. :D

Thanks for the compliment - thats real sweet. I help out with my brothers team all the time - so I'm not letting him or his mates forget that they owe me something :p. I plan to take a coaching course maybe next year (and being committed to kickboxing, dancing, work, A-league + uni as well - Yea I like my life busy) to give me proper qualifications so that I can begin coaching local teams. One of my friends is being trained by Norm Hunter and is playing for an A-league club at the moment - hopefully I can pull a few strings and get a chance to spend a few training sessions with them.

@copious:

Start XI

Robinson
Neville, Rio, Terry, Cole
Becks, Stevie, Lampard, J. Cole
Rooney, Defoe.

@Braad - Nice to see you posting in here again. As for essays - to be honest (most of the boys will back this up) I havn't said too much about the football of late. I havn't watched matches for a looonnngg while but I sure as hell can't wait to get back into it.

@bJ_Bhoy 87 - Great addition to the thread! :)
Rooney might be an idiot but God sometimes he takes my breathe away with his play.

I get that the CM is hard and that both Frank and Stevie are good players but I think that Sven needs to really think hard about fixing that positioning up because it doesn't work. His team has so much they can offer - It's a real shame. I know this is very selfish but if Gerrard is not going to be played where he ought to then he should be resting for Pool.

Becks - Should retire from international and save all hell. The media might cause hype but Becks and Sven are best buds. He'll always get chosen and captain.

LMF^^ - Your dream about England winning the WC...didnt you say your dreams never come true?? You might just be the mystic meg of this thread! :D

@Ben - LOL! Unfortunately females are not looked upon seriously by many when it comes to football knowledge and I doubt that any female will ever coach a male team at a high level for a VERY long time.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
@Italian - Although he did make a very bad error which gave Denmark their first goal I agree that the defenders have to be blamed as well for the other goals.
that's true, watching the replays, not ALL of the goals were calamitys fault , he doesnt mark people.

Thanks for the compliment - thats real sweet. I help out with my brothers team all the time - so I'm not letting him or his mates forget that they owe me something :p. I plan to take a coaching course maybe next year (and being committed to kickboxing, dancing, work, A-league + uni as well - Yea I like my life busy) to give me proper qualifications so that I can begin coaching local teams. One of my friends is being trained by Norm Hunter and is playing for an A-league club at the moment - hopefully I can pull a few strings and get a chance to spend a few training sessions with them.
honestly, it'd be refreshing to see a girl (woman??) coaching a team and being successful (you've got a pretty good basis of knowledge to try) :uhhuh:

@Braad - Nice to see you posting in here again. As for essays - to be honest (most of the boys will back this up) I havn't said too much about the football of late. I havn't watched matches for a looonnngg while but I sure as hell can't wait to get back into it.
ditto...i havent been watching games for ages, but my monday starts (10:30 :D) allow me to watch again :eek: cant wait :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
^ HAHAHA! Poor guy. He can't exactly come out and say anything now!! Gotta love Jose. :D

braad said:
that's true, watching the replays, not ALL of the goals were calamitys fault , he doesnt mark people.

honestly, it'd be refreshing to see a girl (woman??) coaching a team and being successful (you've got a pretty good basis of knowledge to try) :uhhuh:

ditto...i havent been watching games for ages, but my monday starts (10:30 :D) allow me to watch again :eek: cant wait :)
haha, not ALL. :D

Thanks. :)

Yea - I sure as hell can't wait to start watching. I'm yearning for it. I think I've watched the CL final quite a few times in the last three months....Although I'm sure other Pool fans have done the same also..aye Ben? ;)

Edit:

HeCtic said:
Mourinho is the least funny man in English football.
I beg to differ :D

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Yea - I sure as hell can't wait to start watching. I'm yearning for it. I think I've watched the CL final quite a few times in the last three months....Although I'm sure other Pool fans have done the same also..aye Ben? ;)
I only watch the '6 minutes of madness' plus the Dudek shuffle in the shootout ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuck you guyz all have Fridayz off...? So many postz.

Well I think my dream iz a sign, that I should put my money on England to win the WC. The oddz must have changed after that defeat.

LoL@Nakata: "Just do it."
And from the SBS report: "a strange statement, cauz he'll be playin in the Reebok Stadium."

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fo the first time in my entire life I'm actually gon support Arsenal to beat Chelsea on Sunday, don't know why but I just can't stand the fact that they're the reignin championz on last weekz performance. I hope Chelsea outplay Arsenal, but can't score, and Henry scorez in the last minute of injury time to steal it. That'll do em justice.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
HeCtic said:
Mourinho is the least funny man in English football.
mourinho has his moments, but mostly he is funny coz hes an arrogant prick:

"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work."

I hope QPR get promoted to premier league next year. then we'll get to hear gems from Ian Holloway like these:

"I mean no respect to Donatella. I'm sure she would not be flattered to hear she looks like Marc Bircham."

"Right now, everything is going wrong for me - if I fell in a barrel of boobs, I'd come out sucking my thumb!" (thats gold)

"The fat lady hasn't started to sing yet, but she has a mic in her hand."

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled. Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee" (you've probably heard it but its gold)

“You can say that strikers are very much like postmen: they have to get in and out as quick as they can before the dog starts to have a go.”

"Our substitute didn't have his shirt or pants on. I've had better days."

"You never count your chickens before they hatch. I used to keep parakeets and I never counted every egg thinking I would get all eight birds. You just hoped they came out of the nest box looking all right. I'm like a swan at the moment. I look fine on top of the water but under the water my little legs are going mad.”

On the reporter who claimed QPR defender Danny Shittu would be sold:
"Whoever that was, I'd like to pull his pants down and slap him on the ass like I used to do to my kids. Apparently I'm not even allowed to do that any more otherwise I'll have the health and safety on to me giving it the old 'hello'"

"The world's gone mad. Tony Blair won the election, so why's he gotta resign? I think the Conservative fella should. If he couldn't win an election with a failing government, or a flailing government, what's the matter with him? Get out you ain't no good. I know we're not talking football...we are, aren't we?"

"Every dog has its day - and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark."

Pure gold.

slip

HSC
the league should be alot closer then most predict.

i mean chelsea dont play arsenal each week, just twice they other 36 weeks they both play the same 18 teams (16 of whom shouldnt worry them). So most weeks arsenal and chelsea, and man utd for that matter should pick up 3pts, and the title should come down to who win matchs such as man utd v chelsea, chelsea v arsenal etc...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
slip said:
the league should be alot closer then most predict.

i mean chelsea dont play arsenal each week, just twice they other 36 weeks they both play the same 18 teams (16 of whom shouldnt worry them). So most weeks arsenal and chelsea, and man utd for that matter should pick up 3pts, and the title should come down to who win matchs such as man utd v chelsea, chelsea v arsenal etc...
And many thought that last season...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Many think that every season. Never happens. If each top 3 team could really be expected to pick up 3 points from every non top 3 match, then each of Arsenal, Chelsea and United should all be getting a minimum of 102 points a season. Fact is what determines the success or failure of the team is their consistency against lesser teams.

slip

HSC
yeh i guess thats what i was getting at... consistency is what wins the trophy... i guess i was also just trying to say it would be good if the season came down to one or two games (at the end of the season). If the top teams were more consistent it would be even more predictable which would be bad.

fuck i dunno. im sick. leave me alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)