The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
you'll be hard pressed to find a league in europe that isn't predictable. in every league it'll come down to the same two or three clubs, and im not going to bother going through all the leagues to list them, as we know them all already.

thats why i think this years a-league will be good. sydney look really good, but perth, queensland, melbourne and central coast could win it and not many would be surprised. the only thing that is predictable is the wooden spoon. nz will clean that out easy

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
yeah, but a champions league match is only played every three weeks. im talking about domestic comps. if champions league was played consistently over a season like domestic football is, ac milan/chelsea/barca would gain some consistency and streak ahead of the others.

besides, celtic wont be playing UCL this year :(

update: central coast 1
perth 0

Last edited:

Numero Uno

HSC
Heh celtic :)
yeh your right some leagues are quite predictable but thats what makes futball so great, playing the teams with such a great reputation and beating them AHAHAHA

yes, well thats why Aston villa is gonna smash Man united in 45 mins !

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
DAMN U RANGERS!!!!!

thompson getting sent off has cost us any chance of winning

because i go for celtic, and now we arent in europe, i only look forward to three matches a year.

and tonight i feel like shit

...i write this coz i need to get it off my chest, im not sure how many actually care about football north of the border

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
DAMN U RANGERS!!!!!

thompson getting sent off has cost us any chance of winning

because i go for celtic, and now we arent in europe, i only look forward to three matches a year.

and tonight i feel like shit

...i write this coz i need to get it off my chest, im not sure how many actually care about football north of the border
Oh Bhoy, Rangers 3-1 Celtic...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Cisse's going nowhere.

Pool 1-0 Sunderland- Alonso with a nice free kick :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
w00t go west ham, drawing with newcastle with only 10 men, though the Konchesky sendoff was questionable.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Pool played extremely poorly last night. Our forwards were doing nothing, Xabi was quiet aside from the goal, Zenden was crud as per usual.. couple of positives were Warnock and Finnan, who played pretty well. Otherwise it was pretty pathetic a home season starter.

slip

HSC
my guide to betting on the a-league

best money for a league right now is central coast $12.

sydney is $2.10 which is shit, you will get better odds during the season when they drop a few.

melbourne, perth who i dont believe can win it are both under $7

qld look correctly priced to me at about $7

adeliade are very good value at $21

i think the only teams that can win it are sydney, central, qld and newcastle

if i were a betting man i would look to put money on those 4 teams through out the season when their odds blew out. having said that i would put my money on central now, wait a few weeks for newcastle to blow out(before they start winning games... i expect them to come home strong) and id just bide my time for tipping qld and syd.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Unlikely. All of the teams have a very strong line-up and are capable of winning it (bar the NZ Knights). Sydney FC is obviously the strongest teams but I think that people's expectations are getting inflated by the presence of Dwight Yorke, when it has been quite clear from the two pre-season matches that he isn't the most influential or best player. Central Coast are very underrated, but I have advocated them as one of the strongest teams.

It is very difficult at this point to determine who "will win", but it is certain that, until now, Sydney FC and Central Coast as the strongest teams. However, in my opinion, 7 or of the 8 teams have the capacity to win - and that's only discounting NZ in light of their shitty performances in the pre-season as they have a relatively strong lineup also.

slip

HSC
a-league related question. is todd carney an aussie, and how old is he?

actually i would like to see australian overseas 11 play australia a-league 11 at the end of each season. similar to the way the all black used to have a trial possibles against probables...

i think it would be a great game to watch. kewell, cahill, grella vs carle, carney, zelic thompson etc...

although it will never happen because overseas players will never be allowed to by their clubs, and unless australia is going in a major comp their inst much point (plus if they were going into a major comp im sure 11 a-league players wouldnt be in contention, and it would be a waste of time game). but in terms of marketing i think it owuld be gold.

^___^
HSC
that is still a very strong side

except i would have bergkamp in there anyday, he knows how things should be done

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Pires, Bergkamp and Ljungberg all carrying knocks into the game tonight. There's a possibility all three could miss out.

If that's true I'd see Arsenal lining up as:

-------------------Lehmann---------------------

Lauren---------Toure--Senderos--------Cole

Reyes--------Gilberto--Fabregas--------Hleb

---------------van Persie--Henry---------------

Should be enough to stuff em thought. That's a strong side.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Bergkamp would prob start instead of van Persie. I'm lookin forward to the game, draw would be the best result but I don't mind seein Chelsea gettin owned.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
errm, Bergkamp might be injured. But I'd start RvP anyway. Him, Henry, Reyes's pace would make Chelsea's defenders shit bricks.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
But I won't fancy Lauren gettin the better of Robben, or Duff, or even Joe Cole.

Weird thingz happen when you sleep, I dreamt of Fabregas ownin Chelsea, don't know what it meanz. If he scorez and Arsenal winz, itz prob a sign that I should really bet my life savingz on England to win the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)