The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
What was the incident about?
Jenas hacked Gilberto Silva down from behind at about the 30th minute and was red carded. It was a pretty bad tackle...but I thought that a red card was maybe a little too harsh. Wenger himself described the tackle as more of a "dark yellow" than a red.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alex: Kids can stun Oz

Alex Ferguson destroyed the theory that you win nothing with kids — and that is why he is backing England’s young lions to reclaim The Ashes. The Manchester United boss swapped one Old Trafford for another yesterday as he soaked up the action at the Third Test — and he claimed the fearlessness of the young can win England the series. Fergie said: “The great thing about youth is they are not afraid and maybe that is one of the positives about the England cricket team. When you get older you sense danger — you are a bit more afraid about taking risks. It’s a natural process, it happens, so maybe it is England’s time.”
Dave Kidd, The Sun

Oh Fergie, you can't win thingz wit kidz, just like Arsenal won't win anythin thiz season. :)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
shit, fergie, what would a scotsman know about cricket anyway?

if you ever see eleven men wearing all-white in a paddock in scotland, chances are they are burning mad cows

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Happy Birthday HeCtic ... i got here just in time ... and yes Matt, thats Drogba lol ... what a pansy :p

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
... and yes Diana, thats Drogba lol ... what a pansy :p
I was the one who asked if it was Drogba....but anyway, I agree...he is a pansy :).

I have no idea why he was picked in the starting lineup ahead of Crespo on the weekend.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Thanks RUB!X.

@matt, I do a B-Comm Accounting/ B- Business Admin degree. I love the bludgy business subjects :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
@matt, I do a B-Comm Accounting/ B- Business Admin degree. I love the bludgy business subjects :)
nice. i like the bludgy business half of my degree better than the law part as well :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Yeah, I was doing a comm law, but I barely passed jurispudence so I transferred out to a business double.

Apparently Atletico Madrid are in talks to bring Javier Mascherano in before the window closes. I hope Arsene hijacks that move, he'd be an amazing signing.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i thought mascherano only recently got a contract extension??

Essien £26mil confirmed...enjoy warming the bench mate. precious bid:
£10m, £16.75m, £18m, £21m and £21m +Tiago lol , good haggling by Lyon i guess.

also, Hammers signed Job.

A belated (too late infact lol) Happy Birthday to Hectic

RUB!X said:
its late, sorry ...
pfft sif 11pm is late, half of my posts here is past midnight lol

Good luck Benny for the test on wednesday... i got a test on that day as well, plus 2 more next week.... and just finished 2 assignments due tomorrow and next tuesday respectively... ffs you guys have it easy...lol

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
i thought mascherano only recently got a contract extension??

... i got a test on that day as well, plus 2 more next week.... and just finished 2 assignments due tomorrow and next tuesday respectively... ffs you guys have it easy...lol
I don't have it easy...I'm still up at this ungodly hour working on tutorial homework due tomorrow. Luckily its only worth 5% :).

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol yeah i just finished my stuff... good thing my tute homework is worth zip though or that'd be more work... and thank god for 12pm starts :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
lol yeah i just finished my stuff... good thing my tute homework is worth zip though or that'd be more work... and thank god for 12pm starts :D
hehe...12pm start for me too :) ...gotta love uni.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i think this thread needs some debate... so heres my compilation for the English Premier League champions table. based on results in top flight competition from the last 133 seasons, heres how the premier league would stand if history was counted:

1 Liverpool
2 Manchester United
3 Arsenal
4 Everton
5 Aston Villa
6 Sunderland
7 Tottenham
8 Wolverhampton
9 Newcastle United
10 Sheffield Wednesday
11 Preston NE
12 Man City
13 Leeds
14 Blackburn
15 Chelsea
16 Huddersfield Town
17 Derby County
18 West Bromwich Albion
19 Nottingham Forest
20 Burnley

well, wat do u think? liverpool get it by miles, but arsenal and man u closed the gap since the 80's. i didn't count euro wins, liverpool would streak ahead. i still dont know how huddersfield made it into the list, being in league One. (they won three titles in 1920)

plz comment!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I thought you meant Premier League history, cauz Man U will be ahead in that one, and Liverpool will be way back.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
plz comment!
No real complaints here either. 'Pool are undisputedly the greatest club in English football history. I think that Man Utd and Arsenal have been more dominant and successful in recent times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)