The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
I think you may find Voronin was free so not so much a bad signing, just that he should only be playing in the reserve team and used an a last result in the first team.
Kuyt has ability but can not find the chemistry with Torres and is not the type of striker we need.
Our main problem with scoring goals is the fact we put Crouch on the bench (sometimes he doesn't even make the bench) and he is our best foil for Torres and together they're the best striking partnership we have.

To whoever said we don't need Alonso, he is an absolute class player, one of the best holding midfielders in the world, and any club would benefit from having him.

theprince88

HSC
D347H574R said:
To whoever said we don't need Alonso, he is an absolute class player, one of the best holding midfielders in the world, and any club would benefit from having him.
Any club except for Manchester United, Arsenal, any of the top clubs really.

Liverpool FC - Merseysides second team.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
While i wouldn't call Alonso one of the best holding midfeilders in the world, he is a quality player. Any team could do a lot worse

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
blakegman said:
While i wouldn't call Alonso one of the best holding midfeilders in the world, he is a quality player. Any team could do a lot worse
Well yea sorry, he is more of a playmaker than an out and out holding player and plays (in my opinion) his best football when he is allowed the freedom to push on and get involved how he wishes.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
theprince88 said:
Any club except for Manchester United, Arsenal, any of the top clubs really.
I disagree. Xabi Alonso is a quality midfielder that wouldn't even look out of place at the top clubs. His range of passing, vision and set-pieces in particular are superb. Man United and Arsenal already have quality players in the central midfield position but both of these teams would be very glad to have him. As a United supporter I rate highly our players in his position (Scholes, Hargreaves and Anderson) but I would happily swap him for Michael Carrick. And thats not to say that Carrick is a bad player...Alonso is just a class above.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
There are only 2 teams in Liverpool: Liverpool, and Liverpool Reserves :D
Although I'm a Liverpool supporter, I'd like to add that you completely left out Everton.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I just noticed that there's a 2007/08 thread >_<

kuytbird

HSC
i disagree, i think kuyts actually not half bad. Hes def. not the est player in the team, and i think that he will get sold in a season or so, but i think hell do the job until we get another world class striker. He pops up and scores when hes needed, and he did score the pen against chelsea in the champs. (get in there!)
its a bit blasphomous being in australia, but why am i the only person who finds that kewell remarkebly becomes fit for an Australian game or a final, and is injured the rest of the season? when he played against beshiktas he did well enough, but he just annoys me the fact hes paid so much but doesnt play...
Torres wastes a lot of chances - but he creates the chances. Hes only 22 23 years old so hes got (touch wood) a while ahead of him. Let him settle into the epl and hopefully hell get a few :)
a new central defender, attacking wingers (should never have sold garcia...) another world class central midfielder and another world class striker and shell be right :)
and gillet and hicks..... dont even get me started. they are ridiculous...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Torres wastes a lot of chances - but he creates the chances. Hes only 22 23 years old so hes got (touch wood) a while ahead of him. Let him settle into the epl and hopefully hell get a few :)
a new central defender, attacking wingers (should never have sold garcia...) another world class central midfielder and another world class striker and shell be right :)
Hes currently 3rd top scorer with 19 goals. can't be dissapointed with that.

as for the recruiting, im sure you could apply that to any team, who doesnt want world class players ? with liverpools current squad they should do better then they are.

kuytbird

HSC
i hope they go back to the nhl or sumfin there wayyyy outta their league
they got no clue of how to do anything
anddd they go behind rafas back. thats appalling.
there trying to sell out but it fell through.
the fans are trying to get a bid going, but i dont think theres enuf publicity atm so. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)