The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
New Season New thread! Lets continue ....

****BREAKING NEWS*****

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm

Italian trio relegated to Serie B
Clockwise: The badges of AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Juventus
AC Milan, Fiorentina, Juventus and Lazio were implicated
Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will lose 15 points and will be kicked out of the Champions League.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two titles and had 30 points deducted meaning that they are almost certain to stay down for two seasons.

Lazio were penalised seven points while Fiorentina suffered a 12 point penalty.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
You know whats funny, Adrian Mutu just signed for Fiorentina who are also relegated lol.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Yesss. Lazio fascists and Juve mafia demoted :)

too bad Milan is staying up cos of berlusconi

- L1n -

HSC
Man UTD would be stupid not to sign Ibrahimovic or Mutu now since Ruud wants to leave, damn Ronaldo causing massive damage to the united squad, someone bash the lil shit. Anyways it's probably certain the likes of cannavaro and zambrotta is heading to real maybe to for buffon.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
- L1n - said:
Man UTD would be stupid not to sign Ibrahimovic or Mutu now since Ruud wants to leave, damn Ronaldo causing massive damage to the united squad, someone bash the lil shit. Anyways it's probably certain the likes of cannavaro and zambrotta is heading to real maybe to for buffon.
If everyone from Juve ends up at Madrid I swear I'm gonna cry.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Gonna be great to see some fantastic players move to the Premier League, where we will actually be able to watch :D
So who moves up to Serie A now, is it just the previously relegated teams? Or will they play off with teams who finished just outside auto-promotion from Serie B?

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Previously relegated and ones which would've been promoted anyway are gonna be in Serie A next season.

HSC
It is going to be an exciting, if no bizarre, year of football ahead. From an Italian point of view I am really eager to see Napoli (who just got promoted) face off against the three relegated sides. :rofl:

From an Inter point of view exciting times are ahead and we already have two decent signings and two I am unsure about. Fabio Grosso is a great buy as is Maicon from Monaco. Maxwell I havent yet seen and Olivier Dacourt is no spring chicken.

By the way, when are kits for next season made official? Some have already been shwon and others are speculation. I want to pick up a Sampdoria jersey with 'Vieri' on the back! :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
ruud asks to leave :)

so that's ruud and ronaldo both out the door. united are the definition of a one man team now.
Well that's what we all expected but it's still very disappointing to hear such news. If only he can do a U-turn like Gerrard...

Anyway wit the relegation of the Italians, I'm sure we can get a few of em, but I expect Milan to also offload a couple of players. -15 points don't look like a lot but it would be a hard season for them to even make Europe.

I don't know if Ibrahimovic would be the best option, I prefer Trezeguet right now.

So who are awarded the Scudetti now...? I assume it's not Milan right...? So that means Inter...?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Has anyone seen United's new home kit? It's awful.

We definitely need a new striker now that Ruud looks certain to leave. *Points at Fernando Torres*

^___^
HSC
matt#1 said:
Has anyone seen United's new home kit? It's awful.

We definitely need a new striker now that Ruud looks certain to leave. *Points at Fernando Torres*
yeah, ferguson apparnetly going to use that fund for torres :/

not sure if torres is such a good idea, i mean we can score Ibrahmovic on the cheap!!! or trzeger is another option..Luca Toni might be more of a direct replacement

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Here is a list of the key players from Serie A that could now be available:

GOALKEEPERS
Gianluigi Buffon (Age: 28) Juventus and Italy
Has underlined his position as the world's best keeper - as well as the most expensive - in Germany by conceding just once in six games. Has already been linked with Barcelona.

Others:
Dida (32) AC Milan and Brazil
Angelo Peruzzi (36) Lazio and Italy

DEFENDERS
Alessandro Nesta (30) AC Milan and Italy
Italy's number 13 has been unlucky to miss out on the latter stages of the finals after picking up an injury against the Czech Republic. When fit he is a fixture of the Italian backline and one of the toughest defenders in world football.

Fabio Cannavaro (32) Juventus and Italy
Has been the outstanding defender at the World Cup finals and, even at 32, there will be no shortage of takers if he is put on the market. Would certainly solve some of Real Madrid's defensive problems.

Gianluca Zambrotta (29) Juventus and Italy
Another star of Italy's World Cup campaign, Zambrotta is equally capable of performing on either wing in defence or attack. With his best years ahead of him he is unlikely to spend them in Serie C.

Lilian Thuram (34) Juventus and France
From a marauding full-back in his heyday, Thuram is more often than not used as a calm and collected centre-half these days. But he has shown in Germany he still has the ability to perform at the highest level.

Others:
Cafu (36) AC Milan and Brazil
Massimo Oddo (30) Lazio and Italy
Tomas Ujfalusi (28) Fiorentina and Czech Republic

MIDFIELDERS
Gennaro Gattuso (28) AC Milan and Italy
The defensive lynchpin of the Italian midfield. Strong in the tackle and a leader on and off the field, the one-time Rangers star has made no secret of his interest in playing for Manchester United.

Andrea Pirlo (27) AC Milan and Italy
The artist in the Italian side has enjoyed a superb World Cup. A creator and scorer of goals, there would be no shortage of suitors if Milan were to suffer relegation.

Kaka (24) AC Milan and Brazil
One of the few Brazilians to emerge from the World Cup with some credit. The Milan playmaker and one-time Chelsea target pushed Ronaldinho to the sidelines to emerge as their key man.

Patrick Vieira (30) Juventus and France
Has answered questions about his fading engine with some driving displays at the heart of a France side who are rolling back the years.

Others:
Mauro Camoranesi (29) Juventus and Italy
Alessandro Del Piero (31) Juventus and Italy
Pavel Nedved (33) Juventus and Czech Republic
Emerson (30) Juventus and Brazil

STRIKERS
Luca Toni (29) Fiorentina and Italy
The first player for nearly 50 years to score 30 goals in Serie A took his time to get going at the World Cup, before two against Ukraine in the quarter-finals. At 29 this could be the big striker's last chance to move to one of the world's top clubs.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (24) Juventus and Sweden
Often fails to live up to his billing as one of the world's top strikers and the Sweden player was off-form and injured for the duration of the finals. But the 24-year-old's ability and goal record means there are plenty of admirers out there.

Others:
David Trezeguet (28) Juventus and France
Alberto Gilardino (24) AC Milan and Italy
Filippo Inzaghi (32) AC Milan and Italy

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Manchester United 4-0 Orlando Pirates

Ole Skolskjaer scored the first two goals to put United ahead 2-0 at half-time. Kieran Richardson then scored United's third with Francis Chansa's own goal rounding off the scoring.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Milan won't need to sell many of their players, since Berlusconi has all the money they need. But players like Kaka won't relish the prospect of having no European football.

Cannavaro is set for Real Madrid, while reports also say that Ruud has been confirmed to have signed for Madrid.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd like to see Wenger pick up Ibrahimovic, though I doubt there's much money left over after the stadium/retaining Henry.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Arsenal are going for Saviola, as are Bolton and Newcastle I think. I would have thought Wenger would go for Trezeguet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)