The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (3 Viewers)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Trezeguet and Henry don't play well together, and noone's gonna bump Henry out of the starting lineup.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Arsenal are going for Saviola, as are Bolton and Newcastle I think. I would have thought Wenger would go for Trezeguet
Saviola goin to Arsenal would be a good deal for both sides, but that pretty much rules them out for Torres.

United better snap up either Ibrahimovic or Torres.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
United are still going for Torres, but Atletico have told them to forget about it. It's also rumoured Fergie wants Defoe, and that his bid for Carrick has been rejected.
Chipperfield and Wilkshire are also poised to join the Premiership, Charlton for Chipperfield and possibly Sheffield United for Wilkshire.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Arsenal are already out of the market for Torres cause they snapped up an Athletico target earlier on (can't remember exactly who off the top of my head).

- L1n -

HSC
Ibrahimovic would be a realistic signing for United, although his had a bad season in Italy u cannot deny the dude has talent, for someone his height his dribbling abilities r amazing. So if Fergie does not attempt to even sign him, i will be calling for a sacking lol. Torres is goinna cost us heaps, A. Madrid is not gonna sell him for cheap considering his their only asset lol.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Zlatan would be a good signing, good height, pace and control. Though I got this feeling they might end up with Luca Toni!

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
bazookajoe said:
United are still going for Torres, but Atletico have told them to forget about it. It's also rumoured Fergie wants Defoe, and that his bid for Carrick has been rejected.
Chipperfield and Wilkshire are also poised to join the Premiership, Charlton for Chipperfield and possibly Sheffield United for Wilkshire.
I hope in Wilkshire's case that he signs outside of England - if he is to become a better player he needs to go to Holland/Belgium/Spain/France to develop technically. (I'm not anti-EPL, but it has been pointed out by Hiddink)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
25mil pounds is good enough for Torres, it certainly isn't cheap, I'm sure Athletico would release at that price if they want to. They can buy two quality forwards wit that amount.

Tottenham are apparently in for Nedved, yet another midfielder.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I only just saw that Gudjohnsen moved from Chelsea to Barca, didn't see that coming and it happened over a month ago!

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
good news for Spurs, good for Duff as well, seeing as he wasn't getting a decent run at the cunts (err sorry I mean Chelsea)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Spurs are getting way too many midfielders, they need some decent fullbacks

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm curious as to why Spurs are the only team who wants Nedved, especially after his WC performances, he'd be useful even if he's only in for one or two seasons.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
His age is a deterrent, also his wages may be a tad high as well.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Tottenham do have a few quid to spend this summer, due to the new kit deals and all.

Anyways with the Euro 2008 qualifiers coming up, who is every going for in qualification??

I'm going for Hungary lol, but it will be extremely difficult for them to qualify out of their group.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Arsenal.com said:
Arsène Wenger has ruled out any interest in Barcelona striker Javier Saviola but remains open-minded about West Brom defender Curtis Davies if the price is right.
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...No+to+Javier+Saviola+but+I+like+Curtis+Davies
Arsenal.com said:
It is widely anticipated that the four scandal-hit Italian sides will lose some of their top talent in the next few months. However, according to Arsène Wenger, those players are unlikely to arrive at Arsenal.
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...nger:+'We'll+not+look+to+sign+Juventus+stars'

Dan06

HSC
Hi is anyone here going to australia vs kuwait? It is on 16th of august at aussie stadium, sydney, and i think it is nearly sold-out. should be an awesome game will be good to see the boys back home playing on oz soil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)