The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Dan06 said:
Hi is anyone here going to australia vs kuwait? It is on 16th of august at aussie stadium, sydney, and i think it is nearly sold-out. should be an awesome game will be good to see the boys back home playing on oz soil?
I'd love to go, but unfortunately cannot get to Syd, TV will hav to do.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Dan06 said:
Hi is anyone here going to australia vs kuwait? It is on 16th of august at aussie stadium, sydney, and i think it is nearly sold-out. should be an awesome game will be good to see the boys back home playing on oz soil?
Most of them will be A-League players methinks, rather than many coming home from Europe.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
On the Italian transfers:

Like stated in a previous post in this thread, AC wont be selling many (if any) of their stars, being in serie A means they're still contracted.

Zambrotta has stated he wants to stay in Italy and move to AC, afaik Nedved and Del Piero have said they'll be staying at juve.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to step up his interest in Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe.

Fergie is turning to Defoe after Inter Milan lodged a 26 million bid with Atletico Madrid yesterday for Fernando Torres.

Fergie is confident of prising Defoe away from Spurs for around 11 million.

...Whilst I agree that Defoe has proven himself in the premiership....I don't really think that he is a direct replacement for a striker of Ruud's calibre. I am really starting to lose my faith in Fergie. He must leave the club at the end of the season if he fails to sign two decent midfielders and a striker.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
matt#1, i agree with your statement on sir alex's position. i feel that if we do not sign 2 quality midfielders plus a striker at least now or during january transfer window, he should leave or be sacked. ive had it with his stupid transfers over the last few seasons, blanc, veron(i initially liked this one, but ferguson screwed it up), park, djemba djemba and kleberson (tho he was not given enuff time).

I am really tired of chelsea buyin up all the good players, and united being to slow to get anyone, do u realise we couldve had ronaldhino 2 years ago! due to uniteds financing structure that did not happen. i feel that to attract the best we need to occasionally break the bank.

Anyway, if we do not win the premiership, or at least fa cup, then fergie must go. I adore him as a manager, i think he is just fantastic and has done more than enough for the club, but he must go and someone younger and more imaginitive must come in.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Noone's gonna catch Chelsea til the Gunners do in 2-3 years time with our superior youth :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
to be honest, and as much as i hate to admit this i despise this club, as well as arsenal-but i do love henry!, i think liverpool has the best chance to catch if not beat chelsea, they seem to have a great midfield and there attack is getting stronger, plus there team is geling very quickly and i beleive that they will pose a huge threat this season if not next to winning the league. wow i cant beleive i said that and im a huge united fan.anyways its true

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
'pool need to pick up some really word class strikers and they are the complete team, I'd agree.

And led zep it seems Liverpool is everybody's second favourite team, out of the top 4 or 5 anyway. :p

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
If Bellamy can get in the same form he had at Blackburn, he should be fantastic for Liverpool

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
matt#1, i agree with your statement on sir alex's position. i feel that if we do not sign 2 quality midfielders plus a striker at least now or during january transfer window, he should leave or be sacked. ive had it with his stupid transfers over the last few seasons, blanc, veron(i initially liked this one, but ferguson screwed it up), park, djemba djemba and kleberson (tho he was not given enuff time).

I am really tired of chelsea buyin up all the good players, and united being to slow to get anyone, do u realise we couldve had ronaldhino 2 years ago! due to uniteds financing structure that did not happen. i feel that to attract the best we need to occasionally break the bank.

Anyway, if we do not win the premiership, or at least fa cup, then fergie must go. I adore him as a manager, i think he is just fantastic and has done more than enough for the club, but he must go and someone younger and more imaginitive must come in.
Park has been a useful signin, much better than Djemba Djemba and Kleberson, and even Veron. Although he ain't a star player, he did play well durin the season and deserves credit.

But don't foget about the good signings Fergie made too, like Heinze. And I believe Vidic will become a very good player for us too in the coming season.

But we don't need Defoe, absolutely not. I'd rather have Saha over him. If we don't get Torres then Fergie's lost his mind, unless of course Ruud stays.

^___^
HSC
i don't want utd to get Torres :(

snap up Ibrahmovic..he is better imo for the CL, and premier league

c'mon fergie, step up and try to get Carrick..that, or Gattuso..I'm already slightly disappointed he didn't snap Emerson (yes, he is old, but his experience is vital)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
torres would be perftect, tall, fast, great for premiership, then again zlatan would be ideal to..hell get em both! Carrick would be good too, hes emerging as a quality midfielder. um diarra would be a decent signing also, he may be untested but hes young and built like viera. mmm and defoe, whilst i like him, isnt wat united are looking for..

i dunno, i just hope the glazers give fergie some money to get at least 2 quality players. i hate not winning titles

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Looks like we don't need Torres or Ibrahimovic, we're gettin Alan Smith back...! LoL

And also Chinese international Dong Fangzhuo is gettin closer to becomin a permanent United player, he'll replace Ruud. :D :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
And don't forget Rossi guys. He certainly looks like he has a promising future at United.

...and Skolskjaer is fit agin as well :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)