The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (2 Viewers)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
At least Mourinho was funny and took the piss out of himself.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
At least Mourinho was funny and took the piss out of himself.
also he was very entertaining on and off the field. Love him or hate him, he always made English football an exciting place

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
also he was very entertaining on and off the field. Love him or hate him, he always made English football an exciting place
"i'm on setanta sports" ftw.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
'If I wanted to have an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.'

'We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager'

'For me, pressure is bird flu. I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland. It's not fun and I'm more scared of it than football'

classics.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
'If I wanted to have an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.'

'We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager'

'For me, pressure is bird flu. I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland. It's not fun and I'm more scared of it than football'

classics.
Lol and u said ferguson was arrogant

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We can pick flaws in every manager on the planet, nobody is perfect. The only true gentleman of the game I've noticed recently is Frank Rijkaard. He's never been bitter, never done anything bad, both on and off the field during his time at Barcelona. I guess it's because he's too nice of a guy that he's lost the back room and ultimately led to his down fall in the top coaching position. Rijkaard is a true champion, and he should be applauded for what he's done for the last few seasons.

I enjoy watching Jose on "I'm On Setanta Sports", but that last episode was gaaaaaaay.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah I mean obviously no manager is perfect, and Ferguson also gets more coverage then most so in turn more people are going to have an opinion about him as opposed to someone like Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp etc.

And yeah I can't remember Rijkaard doing anything really "out there" or controversial. What's the deal with Barcelona anyway? I don't watch too much Spanish football but from what I've seen on ESPN (lol Tommy Smyth) everyone's calling for a total overhaul of players/staff except for like, Messi and Puyol. I know Rijkaard is already gone but apparently he's just the start. Should make for an interesting summer over there

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Yeah I mean obviously no manager is perfect, and Ferguson also gets more coverage then most so in turn more people are going to have an opinion about him as opposed to someone like Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp etc.

And yeah I can't remember Rijkaard doing anything really "out there" or controversial. What's the deal with Barcelona anyway? I don't watch too much Spanish football but from what I've seen on ESPN (lol Tommy Smyth) everyone's calling for a total overhaul of players/staff except for like, Messi and Puyol. I know Rijkaard is already gone but apparently he's just the start. Should make for an interesting summer over there
From what I've read, things went wrong when Henk Ten Cate (current Chelsea assistant) left for Ajax. He was the one who kept the players in-line. Frank being too nice of a guy, couldn't do the same. Players started to ease off in their training, and went off to more partying I suppose. I guess that's where Ronaldinho got his belly from.

Then the rest is history. Rijkaard had to leave I guess. I don't think he's the one at fault, but they do need a new face just so that the club can continue to move forward. Injuries haven't helped them this season either. Messi, Ronnie, Eto'o, Henry have all suffered injuries, and I don't think those players have been on the field at the same time ever. Barcelona do have the players to be the force they were a few seasons ago.

One thing that should be admired about Barca is, (and Craig Foster is right about this) that no matter what the circumstances are they will always play attacking football. That was Rijkaard's philosophy, and that was what made them into one of the best teams in the world. They were lovely to watch, you just can't help but be in awe by their football. Guardiola hopefully will do the same, since he was the reserves' coach there, so they should have the same philosophy.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Hoping rijkaard gets hired by Chelsea. He's Abramovich's type of coach.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
expected and glad. Rangers style of anti-football is horrible.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The magic of the FA Cup lives on. Two underdogs fighting it out for the title of the oldest club competition in football, at Wembley. The stuff of legends...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Meh, I had the same attitude of "magic" when I found out who was playing. After watching it though...it really wasn't a great game

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It's the FA Cup. Who cares about the game. It's the FA Cup.

Peartie

HSC
all i can say about the FA cup is thankyou for NOT having bloody Man U or chelsea in it!!!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
cardiff deserved win. shame none of the big 4 made it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It was a shame that SBS didn't broadcast the BBC commentary though...

Peartie

HSC
blakegman said:
shame none of the big 4 made it.
No way - thats a good thing!!! Finally none of the big 4 in a final - im sick of English football because year after year its always the same teams winning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)