The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (2 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
powerdrive said:
that draw's rigged, man utd play roma again (that's 6 times in the last yr), and once again chelsea get it easy again.

arsenal play liverpool 3 times in a week...
Heh, rigged draw? Have a look at this.

Roma will not be an easy tie. That 7-1 victory was a one off, and we know it. That night was amazing, just one of those nights that you get to see probably once in a lifetime. Roma are a very good side, and I'd expect a tough tie.

I'm happy in a way to have avoided English opposition until the final. Should we make it through, the tie against Barca will be just fucking amazing. Leo Messi will be back too. Ronaldo vs Messi, Rooney vs Ronaldinho, Tevez vs Eto'o. Wow, just wow.

If we make it to the final, I just hope we don't have to face Liverpool. Because the build-up to such a game will just be unbearable. Winning against them will be the greatest feeling in the world, while losing against them will be the worst feeling in the world.

Oh, and of course I'll be cheering on Arsenal to get past the Scousers.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Man U
Liverpool (not that i want them to)
Barca
Chelsea

my prediciton for winners

blakegman

HSC
N/A
watched it until 3-2 then had to go to uni.

Annoying really, we needed to win that game.

kuytbird

HSC
ys everyone crusifying liverpool?
just cause weve won it 5 times :p

no but srsli i dont understand y ur smashing them so badly. i think theyll lose to arsenal just cause i think all the downtalkin of arsenal is wrong - they are a quality side, and i think theyll scrap a result
but i do hope it goes to anfield nice and close, the champions league games there in the second leg are gold, spec. chelsea last year :)
i think out of all the english teams united are most likely to win the champions league.
any tips on the league?
i reckon united will get there in the end, but i might be wrong.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
United will win the league unfortunatly.

Chelsea's and Avam Grant;s last chance is Champions league.

Part of me hopes they lose because i hate Grant, but itd be nice to finally win it.

powerdrive

HSC
blakegman said:
watched it until 3-2 then had to go to uni.

Annoying really, we needed to win that game.
just got to watch the whole thing before uni, quality game. always had a feeling spurs would sneak a point, spurs attack is good.
oh and ashley cole was lucky to stay on the field.

tipping man utd for the league, but im still hoping arsenal can get it.

chelsea v arsenal, and man utd v liverpool this weekend. tipping chelsea and man utd, but im hoping arsenal and liverpool win :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Ashley Cole is a Fuckspack. Even as a Chelsea fan i don't like him. He carries on like a baby everytime he gets a card, even when its a yellow and should be red.

Did you see how he turned his back on the roof and wouldn't look at him ? what a dick.

Joe cole is underrated though, fuck he is good for an englishmen

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
blakegman said:
Joe cole is underrated though, fuck he is good for an englishmen
Best english attacking mid i say. awesome dribbling ability.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ah what a satisfying day today. Smashed the dippers, and Arsenal failed to win. 5 point lead at the top, things are looking rosy. :D

Mascherano, idiot of the year.

nagledogg

HSC
lol wes brown
btw does anyone know where you can get names and numbers done for a man utd shirt?

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Ah what a satisfying day today. Smashed the dippers, and Arsenal failed to win. 5 point lead at the top, things are looking rosy. :D

Mascherano, idiot of the year.
I rather Chelsea and Arsenal and have drawn, 5 points ahead of a young side lacking depth is always better than Chelsea especially when it's crunch time.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
If i had to be a black person, id happily be Didier Drogba.

What a god.

Here's to hoping Man Utd lose to Aston Villa and then stumble at stamford bridge to a surprising Chelsea League Title

HSC
I'm a Arsenal fan and I have to say that Man U will win it.

Joe Cole is underrated however Gerrard is Englands best attacking midfielder.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
#23 said:
Joe Cole is underrated however Gerrard is Englands best attacking midfielder.
Heh, yes. Gerrard is so good that whenever he plays against Manchester United he disappears, like a magician!

Joe Cole couldn't get past Clichy at the Bridge either. But he's the best England's got atm. He's not anywhere near world class though.

As for the title, one can only dream.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Man Utd are clearly favourites, but they have the pressure to perform too. Will be hard to catch though.

TBH ive never really seen gerrard as an attacking midfielder, sure he scores a lot of goals, but there usually from free kicks and long range punts. Where as Joe Cole attacks the line and delivers quality crosses. Gerrard is also not a big game player. Though if you could choose either you would usually take Gerrard.

It's disgraceful but im almost hoping Chelsea lose the competitions remaining. If we win either or both Avam Grant will probably stick around and imo hes a dog shit manager. Id almost rather lose and get Riijkard (?sp) or another big name manager.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
It's disgraceful but im almost hoping Chelsea lose the competitions remaining. If we win either or both Avam Grant will probably stick around and imo hes a dog shit manager. Id almost rather lose and get Riijkard (?sp) or another big name manager.
Typical Chelsea fan? Here's the manager who won you guys the game on Sunday with a couple of nicely timed substitutions, and yet the fans are still on his back and calling him a shit manager? Now that's classy.

He might not be "The Special One", but he has delivered results nonetheless. HE is the reason why Chelsea is still in the title race. The way Ballack reacted to his substitution was disgraceful, and I hope he's got egg all over his face by now. Avram is the perfect manager for Chelsea, and that's the way Abramovich likes it. Chelsea supporters might think otherwise, but expect him to stay, and nothing else.

powerdrive

HSC
blakegman said:
Man Utd are clearly favourites, but they have the pressure to perform too. Will be hard to catch though.

TBH ive never really seen gerrard as an attacking midfielder, sure he scores a lot of goals, but there usually from free kicks and long range punts. Where as Joe Cole attacks the line and delivers quality crosses. Gerrard is also not a big game player. Though if you could choose either you would usually take Gerrard.

I can see your point, grant has been pretty clueless in some games. Like playing anelka on the left in the carling cup final. Then it led to them getting knocked out of the fa cup by barnsley.

LMF^^ said:
Typical Chelsea fan? Here's the manager who won you guys the game on Sunday with a couple of nicely timed substitutions, and yet the fans are still on his back and calling him a shit manager? Now that's classy.

He might not be "The Special One", but he has delivered results nonetheless. HE is the reason why Chelsea is still in the title race. The way Ballack reacted to his substitution was disgraceful, and I hope he's got egg all over his face by now. Avram is the perfect manager for Chelsea, and that's the way Abramovich likes it. Chelsea supporters might think otherwise, but expect him to stay, and nothing else.
They won the game by pumping long balls up to drogba, that's always worked against arsenal. With the squad chelsea have, anyone could win the title.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:

I don't find his results all that amazing. TBH i think even you or i could coach Chelsea to similar or maybe slightly less results. It's not Derby County here, their roster is worth hunders of millions of dollars.

Some problems i have with Grant

1)His love for Salomon Kalou as a starter on the left wing.
2)His lack of game time for shaun wright phillips
3) he seems to sub players off when they are playing great (cole, Ballack)
4) We then seem to a lot of the time go on to draw those games.
5) he plays players out of position

i realise hes just a puppet for abramovich, but Chelsea seriously deserve a better mnagaer who can atleast deliver in big games. This hasnt exactly been our best season under him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)