The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Yes, but compared to Arsenal, Porto, Marseille and Inter Milan that we have had to face in our campaign Utd have had it easy.
Roma, compared the Inter, play the better football, hands down. But whatever, I'll just wait til Liverpool gets knocked out or lose in the final to us so I can see that sad look on Rafa's face once again. :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Roma, compared the Inter, play the better football, hands down.
Yeah i dare say that's apretty irrelevant point. Arsenal probably played the better football then manchester for most of the season but i don't think anyone would have rathered to play manchester.

If given a choice this season, i think most teams would prefer to face roma then inter.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
jcurry said:
well they sucked against liverpool and thats all that counts
not really in relation to the argument but yeah ok.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Prediction for tomorrow morning:

Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea

Do you think the second leg at Stamford Bridge will be an advantage for Chelsky this time? I think it will be. Second legs at Anfield are tough to say the least.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Prediction for tomorrow morning:

Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea

Do you think the second leg at Stamford Bridge will be an advantage for Chelsky this time? I think it will be. Second legs at Anfield are tough to say the least.
I think it will be close either way. Can;t imagine there being a convincing winner. Stamford bridge is the key. Chelsea have not lost their since like 2004. You would think if they win at anfield its all over.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
I think it will be close either way. Can;t imagine there being a convincing winner. Stamford bridge is the key. Chelsea have not lost their since like 2004. You would think if they win at anfield its all over.
Nope, Chelsea lost at Stamford Bridge in 2006 against Barca in the knockout stages.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
A fantastic substitution from Benitez there, I could tell Riise was going to score as soon as he came on the pitch. And didn't he finish with aplomb? No one can deny that Liverpool thoroughly deserved that second goal. Well done, and let's hope for more of the same in the second leg.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Nope, Chelsea lost at Stamford Bridge in 2006 against Barca in the knockout stages.
yeah you are right i forgot about that. Either way its still like 90 games unbeaten at home i think.

powerdrive

HSC
haha nice finish by riise

chelsea are definitely through now. the only way it will be 'close' at stamford bridge is a 0-0 draw or 1-0 chelsea

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)