the OFFICIAL Guns N' Roses thread (1 Viewer)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Guns n Roses rock, the sweet child o mine solo is one of the first i properly learnt \m/

Axl has changed though...aw well, ive got my hopes up for a 2007 20th anniversary reunion tour, that would rock. that being said, any vocalists in sydney up for singing this kinda music as a frontman in a band? we're looking for a singer that sings this sort of stuff (along with some hard rock/metalish stuff such as iron maiden, acdc, motley crue, kiss, van halen etc)

ledzeppelin

HSC
I've been listening to Use Your Illusion I & II lately, and I've been thinking; they're both awesome albums, but if the best of both had been put onto one 14 track CD, it would be farking unbelievable.
Anyway, what would your tracklisting be for a 14 song, combined UYI album?
Mine would be:

01. Right Next Door To Hell
02. Bad Obsession
03. 14 Years
04. Civil War
05. The Garden
06. Estranged
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Dust N' Bones
09. Don't Cry
10. Pretty Tied Up
11. So Fine
12. Live And Let Die
13. You Could Be Mine
14. November Rain

a8o

HSC
Get in the ring, shotgun blues and locomotive need to be added. It needed to be a double album, just not two maxed out double albums. There is a lot of b-side worthy stuff, or stuff that if given more time would've made a third classic record. But it's been done to death :)

gnrlies

HSC
Bookie said:
Lame Abo. Get over them - is Axel better than Jesus, Abo?
AXL (dropping the e) is the best frontman of all time, and Jesus's existance is arguable.

I know who id side with....

BTW BONO SUCKS!

gnrlies

HSC
ChrisE said:
guns n roses make me sad. not the good kind of sad either
You make me sad....

You are depriving yourself from one of the best bands in history

gnrlies

HSC
heybraham said:
yeah i didn't intend to get a picture with pants THAT tight. i was randomly looking on google images for a good black and white picture...well, at least we can admire how well the light is reflected in a black an white pic. *shiny*
Axl is king of the pants

He is a very sexy man. If I were him id wear hotpants too...

gnrlies

HSC
withoutaface said:
My guess is never.
According to axl as of the Korn tour launch party, "you'll hear music this year"

Whether thats Chinese Democracy, I dont know, but to hear the guy speak is enough for me.

gnrlies

HSC
iwannarock said:
he was ordering the security guards to get some guy in the crowd that was pissing him off.

he says "take that.........take that............ i'll take it god damnit" before jumping into the crowd to take care of it himself. :cool:

the funniest is slash off his face saying "he messed up the microphone............... we're outta here"
There was a guy who earlier in the set, during i think it was dust n bones, who tried to hand axl a business card. The guy was some bikie who knew the security guards and was causing trouble in the crowd. He handed the card to axl and axl took at and said "what that was really worth interrupting me for? - No it wasn't dude".

Some other things happened during the show such as a guy coming on stage, the security guards watching the show instead of the audience, and bottles being thrown on stage, before the guy who gave the business card was seen with a video camera.

Axl had asked the security guards to remove him, or his camera, and that was it, until they were playing rocket queen and the camera resurfaced. Axl said "stop that man, get him...... Alright, i'll take it myself" dives into the crowd, throws some punches, and does the "thanks to the lameass security im goin home". After there was commotion they decided to go back on, but were ordered not to as it was deemed too dangerous. Then about 30 mins after the incident, the lights were put on and the bands crew started to take the stuff away, before the riot began....

Amazing stuff. I got it all on DVD.

gnrlies

HSC
im an idiot said:
yea but they were even worse this time, plus that bucketguy cant play anywhere near as good as slash
Buckethead is actually a better guitarist, but lacks feel and doesn;'t like even a fraction as cool as slash....

Slash is my idol. I got a slash tattoo

gnrlies

HSC
iwannarock said:
you have got to be kidding. slash is my favourite guitarist of all time, but even i know when he's beat.

buckethead is a better guitarist than pretty much anyone out there. massively versatile. can go from jimi style blues to ridiculous shred.

i used to think the same as you. then i actually listend to all of bucketheads songs and albums. have you heard buckethead go nuts on the nighttrain solo at rock in rio 3. its crazy.

ah well buckethead isnt in GNR anymore so you have nothing to worry about. he was the biggest asset the new GNR had.
Whilst I just said he is better than slash on a technical level, I believe that there is more to playing guitar than simply being able to hit the notes, and slash plays with more soul and personality which far outweighs buckethead. The real comment I have to question is BHead being their biggest asset. They made them look like a freak show. At least now they dont.

gnrlies

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
I've been listening to Use Your Illusion I & II lately, and I've been thinking; they're both awesome albums, but if the best of both had been put onto one 14 track CD, it would be farking unbelievable.
Anyway, what would your tracklisting be for a 14 song, combined UYI album?
Mine would be:

01. Right Next Door To Hell
02. Bad Obsession
03. 14 Years
04. Civil War
05. The Garden
06. Estranged
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Dust N' Bones
09. Don't Cry
10. Pretty Tied Up
11. So Fine
12. Live And Let Die
13. You Could Be Mine
14. November Rain
Mine would go:

1 - Right Next Door To Hell
2 - Dont Cry
3 - Perfect Crime
4 - Back Off Bitch
5 - Double Talking Jive
6 - November Rain
7 - Dont Damn Me
8 - Coma
9 - Civil War
10 - Yesterdays
11 - Locomotive
12 - You Could Be Mine
13 - Estranged
14 - Get In The Ring

Howevor theyd have to shorten locomotive to make the 80 min mark. Note that ive taken the covers out.

gnrlies

HSC
Not to be a post whore but......

I met duff as well (twice) but missed a snap with him. Ive got their signature to prove though.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
gnrlies said:

so.. that's you? and slash? and you? and SLASH??

i hate you haha. how come you got to meet him?? (and duff!! *envious*)
AAAAND you have a les paul. god theyre hot guitars.

Last edited:

gnrlies

HSC
scarybunny said:
so.. that's you? and slash? and you? and SLASH??

i hate you haha. how come you got to meet him?? (and duff!! *envious*)
Thats me....

But I earnt it.....

I mean as you may have noticed im kinda a huge fan... I dont really worship, or obsess over much, but i do over GNR.... Anything GNR and I get drawn to it like a magnet.

Ive been following them since day one, albeit as a kid who liked the idea of a band who uses curse words in songs, but nonetheless I liked em them, and love em even more now.

Slash was sydney airport (after seeing VR twice in sydney), matt sorum was in melbourne. Unfortunately missed out on seeing slash again, but he did a mad effort on my guitar, and spent about 15 mins with me which was cool.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
even though you really did deserve it, im still envious.

it's so cool how slash hasnt aged in 20 years. GO ALCOHOL PICKLING!!!

iwannarock

HSC
gnrlies said:

I met duff as well (twice) but missed a snap with him. Ive got their signature to prove though.
oh......my............god.

you......you.........you bastard.

hmmmm i'll have to take those photos and stick my face on your head.

i am so jealous.

and yeah slash is one of my favourite guitarists. but he wouldn't fit with new gnr and where axl was headed with the musical direction. slash does rock n roll very well but apart from that he's limited.

obviously buckethead doesn't fit in the band cuz of his look, but he was a more versatile player than slash and thats probably what is needed for chinese democracy. guess axl wants to try new things musically. bucketheads long gone now anyway and hasn't been replaced.

look who it is its scarybunny........where have you beeeeeen? took your time to finally post in the gnr thread.

Some_Guy

HSC
is that the original drummer in the 2nd pic or the one from the cult?

gnrlies

HSC
Some_Guy said:
is that the original drummer in the 2nd pic or the one from the cult?
Cult...

I want to meet steven.... Hes apparantly gone off the rails again... I thought I might meet him if he came to australia with adlers appetite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)