the OFFICIAL Guns N' Roses thread (1 Viewer)

heybraham

HSC
guns n' roses 'broke up' during their record-breaking world tour during 91-93, axl decided upon a new musical direction, perhaps towards electronica, and presented an ultimatum to the band. Either they break up during the tour, or they sign away the rights to the band name 'Guns N' Roses' to him. Then the group broke up soon afterwards. Slash left in 1996.

And now in 2006, we finally see Axl's new musical direction in the leaked song TWAT from their new album Chinese Democracy. everyone get their new album...it's awesome.

anyone heard the leaks yet?

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

According to internet rumours Slash was meant to have re-recorded democracy.

gnrlies

HSC
heybraham said:
guns n' roses 'broke up' during their record-breaking world tour during 91-93, axl decided upon a new musical direction, perhaps towards electronica, and presented an ultimatum to the band. Either they break up during the tour, or they sign away the rights to the band name 'Guns N' Roses' to him. Then the group broke up soon afterwards. Slash left in 1996.

And now in 2006, we finally see Axl's new musical direction in the leaked song TWAT from their new album Chinese Democracy. everyone get their new album...it's awesome.

On another note:

Guns N' Roses have been announced as headliners for the Rock in Rio festival, as well as coheadliners with metallica for the novarock festival, and also the rock god festival in italy!

They still technically havent broke up. I mean they still exist. Its just that every member gradually left. They all left because of a guy name Paul Huge. Duff was the last original to leave, but I think that had more to do with him not actually saying he's left the band rather than him actively being in it (afterall they were pretty much lifeless from 94 onwards.)

gnrlies

HSC
heybraham said:

On another note:

Guns N' Roses have been announced as headliners for the Rock in Rio festival, as well as coheadliners with metallica for the novarock festival, and also the rock god festival in italy!

They still technically havent broke up. I mean they still exist. Its just that every member gradually left. They all left because of a guy name Paul Huge. Duff was the last original to leave, but I think that had more to do with him not actually saying he's left the band rather than him actively being in it (afterall they were pretty much lifeless from 94 onwards.)

The music is different to the old guns. Thats why the other guys left. I think its a little premature to be judging demos which are 2 years old. These arent final mixes by any means. His voice is not as strong as it used to be. He's lost his rasp.

iwannarock

HSC
gnrlies said:
The music is different to the old guns. Thats why the other guys left. I think its a little premature to be judging demos which are 2 years old. These arent final mixes by any means. His voice is not as strong as it used to be. He's lost his rasp.
I think his voice is just as good if not better. the rasp is still there in Better.

its a lot clearer and controlled. if you look at 2002 rio bootlegs and hear that he can still do the rasp but he also sings clear at times too. still hit or miss live like in 2002 with the mtv awards but he was always like that.

there was a point in like 92-93 where axl sounded like horse shit. the rasp was more of like a coarse yell. sounded like shit.

bucketheads solos on all 3 tracks are killer too.

still no afd but i don't think it was intended to be afd.

ledzeppelin

HSC
this thread should be going off!!!
it looks like this is the year for CD
TWAT's a farking awesome song, shits on Velvet Revolver, even in demo form
IRS is ok
Anyone heard the full version of Better?
it gets quite crazy in the middle

piratie

HSC
Seeing as there's some talk on good ol' Slash....

anyone else love Slash's Snakepit?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
piratie said:
Seeing as there's some talk on good ol' Slash....

anyone else love Slash's Snakepit?
ain't life grand?

heybraham

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
fuck one in a million is a cool song :cool:
Guess I needed
Sometime to get away
I needed some peace of mind
Some peace of mind that'll stay
So I thumbed it
Down to sixth and L.A.
Maybe your greyhound
Could be my way
Police and niggers
That's right
Get out of my way
Don't need to buy none of your
Goldchains today
I don't need no bracelets
Clamped in front of my back
Just need my ticket till then
Won't you cut me some slack

Chorus:
You're one in a million
Yeah, that's what you are
You're one in a million, babe
You are a shooting star
Maybe someday we'll see you
Before you make us cry
You know we tried to reach you
But you were much to high
Much to high
Much to high
Much to high

Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all greek to me
Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be
But it's been such a long time
Since I knew right from wrong
It's all the means to an end, I,
I keep on movin' along

...u don't hear this kinda music anymore. bring back gnr!

Sam.

bored.
HSC
A friend just played me a new track that was leaked a few nights ago. It's called The Catcher In The Rye. Go look for it, it doesn't sound too bad.

ledzeppelin

HSC
one thing you've got to remember with all the demos, is that they are just that. demos.
they're probably years old, and light years away from the finished product
they're still awesome anyway

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
well they've actually been playing 'chinese democracy' songs since 1999 (that song on the End of Days soundtrack, i think it was called Oh My God), and they have several songs out there.

I guess axl is just seeing which songs will be good enough for an offical album (but you're right, it has been ages...they could've made 2 albums with the amount of material the new line-up has). They did a bit of that before releasing appetite too i think (but nowhere near as long though).

ledzeppelin

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
I've been listening to Use Your Illusion I & II lately, and I've been thinking; they're both awesome albums, but if the best of both had been put onto one 14 track CD, it would be farking unbelievable.
Anyway, what would your tracklisting be for a 14 song, combined UYI album?
Mine would be:

01. Right Next Door To Hell
02. Bad Obsession
03. 14 Years
04. Civil War
05. The Garden
06. Estranged
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Dust N' Bones
09. Don't Cry
10. Pretty Tied Up
11. So Fine
12. Live And Let Die
13. You Could Be Mine
14. November Rain
this list needs revision
i've done a fair bit of UYI I listening in the meantime
cant compress it to 14 songs

Right Next Door To Hell
Bad Obsession
14 Years
Dead Horse
Civil War
Don't Damn Me
Estranged
Dust N' Bones
Double Talking Jive (Motherfucker)
Don't Cry
Coma
Perfert Crime
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Live And Let Die
You Could Be Mine
November Rain

has anyone else seen the VH1 behind the music show?

a8o

HSC
Bad Apples? The Garden of Eden? Shotgun Blues? Get in the Ring? Locomotive? I'd miss Use Your Illusion without all of these. They're all classics, and although another year or two working them live might have improived them, the albums in retrospect should not have been shortened (except My World) else we may never have heard them. There's little enough Guns n' Roses material out there, the more the better, esp the new songs; it's been so long!

HSC
gnrlies said:
On another note:

Hah, I was wondering if i'd bump into any Guns forumers over here - cool to see you, Lies . :)

Really really wondering what Axl's going to pull out of the bag this time. The most reliable sources are pointing to a September release (Who do you trust more than an actual band member) for CD, but knowing Guns, it's difficult to tell what's going to happen.

I was impressed with the leaks - but at the same time, could recognise that they were demos, and still not the final mixes. TWAT needs some serious brushing up, Better is almost there - IRS still sounds empty (but Axl is amazing) and Catcher... well... the quality isn't really there, so who am I to judge?

All eyes on the upcoming European tour I guess. For those that don't know, Guns have announced 15-20 European dates with the first starting in May. They'll make it to Australia eventually, and hopefully they'll have an album released before the do this.

Fingers crossed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)