the OFFICIAL Guns N' Roses thread (1 Viewer)

slash013sxe

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
where's the coma love?
fucking fire up guns fans
fuck yeh, coma!!

just me or when youre listening to it at night with the lights off... it hits that quiet bit... man you just fucken wish you were dead or in a fucken coma. just me? :)

zap the son of a bitch again.....

heybraham

HSC
apparently, at concerts, izzy used to play coma whilst reading the music. there is no repetition of chords in the song at all. (i better listen again to check)

PatG

HSC
I watched a vid of their appearance at the 2002 MTV music awards the other day. Axl sounded so bad and they had some clown wearing a bucket on his head playing a guitar. Not to mention an emo/goth on guitar.

Hope Chinese Democracy comes out soon. I've heard a few tracks that are supposed to be on it and it sounds pretty good.

bubbly

HSC
The gunners r 1 of the coolest bands eva. My most fav song is sweet child o' mine. :) I annoy every1 with it wen i play it but i dont care. I enjoy it

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Just finished downloading the last NY concert
Awesome is the best way to describe it
Sebastian Bach is pretty cool
sebastian bach is coming to sydney in less than 2 weeks you know :D

come next year it will be gnr's 20th anniversary since appetite...any chance for a reunion you guys reckon?

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfABIMXpac
Unbelievable rendition of Nightrain from Rock am Ring earlier this year
Get into it
Yeah, fucking huge change from the mess of the 2002 tour. I have the DVD of the whole show, and the opening scream for jungle roars on for 25 seconds. I really didn't think Axl could pull that off anymore, but how wrong was I...

@goony - Not next year. Not until Chinese-D (and possibly it's follow up) have been released. I don't think Guns will ever reunite as a creative force again. Axl's having too much fun with his new band, and Slash, Duff and Matt have Velvet Revolver (with a new album, Libertad on the way as well).

They'll reunite when their bands are winding up. I really don't think they'll do that for anything more than a nostalgic tour. The chemistry between Axl/Slash is dead and buried, so I wouldn't be expecting an album.

Anyway guys - Democracy is seriously coming out this year. Axl's promised it many times over the past few weeks, and he wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't the truth.

pravski

HSC
GNR = quality.

For those of you who've heard songs from democracy, can you answer these questions

1. Is the new guitarist comparable to Slash?
2. Are there any inspirational epics like the classics from the illusions i.e estranged, breakdown, coma, november rain or are theyl ame like Spaghetti Incident?
3. Is there anything to be excited about?

We've waited what 12 years for this....it better be worth it.

gnrlies

HSC
Booyah

I'll be seeing them on the 13th and 15th of December! - And Hopefully more when they come to Australia!

HSC
pravski said:
GNR = quality.

For those of you who've heard songs from democracy, can you answer these questions

1. Is the new guitarist comparable to Slash?
They have 3 guitarists.
Bumblefoot - A virtuoso guitarist... he's a shredder, has is own underground rap/metal/jazz fusion/rock/funk/whatever the fuck they want to play band. He's an extremely good guitarist. Comparable to Slash? In technical skill, yes - he even surpasses Slash. In stage presence/cool factor no, he's not as good. My favourite of the new members

Robin Finck - Ex Nine inch Nails touring guitarist. He's good... puts his own spin on the GN'R solos. Mixed opinions of the guy I suppose, you either love him or hate him. He's a fantastic songwriter though.

Richard Fortus - Rhythm guitarist, but he still plays some solos. He's very technically proficient, a great guy, great onstage persona... hard to fault, I guess.
pravski said:
2. Are there any inspirational epics like the classics from the illusions i.e estranged, breakdown, coma, november rain or are theyl ame like Spaghetti Incident?
Not enough of the album is around to say, but suffice to say it'll be one big, fat melting pot. They have your "inspirational epics", they have your "rockers", they've even got some "poppy" stuff. Some of the material is the heaviest GN'R stuff i've heard, whilst others is the most piano driven. Very diverse.
pravski said:
3. Is there anything to be excited about?
Yes. It didn't take this long to be anything short of brilliant. :)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
With all the new members, you might as well just call it the Axl Rose band, It's what sebastian bach called them during the european tour. :p

iwannarock

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
anyone else heard the album version of better
album version?

where'd you hear that.

i've only heard numerous demos and live stuff.

ledzeppelin

HSC
i assume that's the new leak?
better would improve so much if they just took out the school-girl vocals in the intro

iwannarock

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Cool a studio version of Madagascar leaked...this is A material :cool:
all the links i've found don't work.

link me link me link me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)