• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OFFICIAL Guns N' Roses thread (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
And calling Axl a faggot and predicting that Chinese Democracy will be shit while making it ridiculously clear that you don't like Axl in the first place is all good and true.

You need to stop posting in the music forum :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
politik said:
  1. Chinese Democracy is never going to be released. And since it IS going to be released now this year, I can predict it for you: it's shit.
  2. Axl Rose is a faggot loser. Without the other members, GnR are nothing.
  3. The reason why all the other members left was because of what such a faggot Axl is. He has no idea about anything remotely related to 'mateship', he was, and always will be, a sellout. Everything is about the money with him. Fuck Axl.
  4. This concert was so ridiculously overpriced, that i'm just going to giggle my testicles off when you leave that arena disappointed. Actually, since rock concerts always sound good when you have a decent band, you probably won't admit how shit Rose will sound. But you'll know it. And i'll giggle.
lolcoldplaylol
Also, is Chinese Democracy being released or not, make up your fucking mind
Oh, I also love the fact that you're complaining about sellouts when you have Green Day songs plastered all over your sig.

Last edited:

gnrlies

HSC
politik said:
  1. Chinese Democracy is never going to be released. And since it IS going to be released now this year, I can predict it for you: it's shit.
  2. Axl Rose is a faggot loser. Without the other members, GnR are nothing.
  3. The reason why all the other members left was because of what such a faggot Axl is. He has no idea about anything remotely related to 'mateship', he was, and always will be, a sellout. Everything is about the money with him. Fuck Axl.
  4. This concert was so ridiculously overpriced, that i'm just going to giggle my testicles off when you leave that arena disappointed. Actually, since rock concerts always sound good when you have a decent band, you probably won't admit how shit Rose will sound. But you'll know it. And i'll giggle.
Go listen to green day you wanker

Sigur ros are shit as well

iwannarock

HSC
gnrlies said:
Go listen to green day you wanker

Sigur ros are shit as well
lol his playlist is showing fat joe and brook fraser.

lawl brook fraser.

hill$ong.

G

Gavvvvvin

I'm not gonna lie, that was fairly disappointingly. Axl just hasn't got it anymore, and the rest of his band isn't much better. Finck wins the most dire solo award. WHY WOULDNT HE STOP! :(

Bach was fuckin awsome though.

ledzeppelin

HSC
i thought the concert was farking awesome
probably the best concert i've been to
no competition between the velvet revolver gig and that

gnrlies, i see you got some VIP passes

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
iwannarock said:
axl rose's voice was the defining element of gnr. without it....its not gnr. most people recognise gnr for axls voice. my mum whose not even a gnr fan can listen to a song and recognise the voice and instantly know its gnr.
QUOTE]

slash is what makes gunners.
without slash there would be no axle.

gnrlies

HSC
Yes

I got VIP backstage passes for the afterparty....

Met the whole band, except the man we all came to see - axl haha

Unfortunately axl is fairly private and had his own gathering with his closer friends such as sebastian, his assistant, his tour managed etc. The only way to get into that room is for you to be an attractive female and to be scouted by axl's tour manager lol.

Doesn't need saying that as a male I had no luck :(

That being said, I didn't feel bad because I was talking to some of the members of sebastians band and they said even they dont get to go in there.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I went to the concert last night (sunday), a pretty awesome show overall, went for so long, but hey i wasn't complaining (8pm-2am...6 hours of hard rocking right there \m/).

Axl had a few bum notes, and for the middle 6-7 songs or so, i couldn't hear him over the band, but he still showed a few moments of appetite days' brilliance. The band was decent, the standout being bumblefoot on guitar of course (that man is a freak). The new GnR songs were a bit 'meh', but i think it's what most expected :p

I only caught the last 15 mins of Rose Tattoo, but from what i heard they're still as loud and rocking as their reputation makes them out to be (I never saw Rose Tattoo live before, so i couldn't make any comparisons). Baz's voice was great as always, I reckon he outdid Axl last night as a frontman and singer. Bach's new songs were half/half, a few sounded nice but a few were just skid row songs with different lyrics (there was a song in there that you could sing 'I Remember You' to)

But the highlights for the night had to be Axl+Baz doing 'My Michelle', and Angry Anderson and Axl singing to 'Nice Boys'.

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

Okay I take back what I said...went again last night with gold GA tickets instead of my shitty seats and had a fucken blast! Probably the most fun I've had at a concert. I was 2nd row for most of the night and Axl was full staring my in the eye during November Rain haha. Only complaint was hardly anyone seemed to know any words and people not getting into it enough. How the fuck can you stand there and not move during the end of paradise City! Get out of my way fuckers!

G

Gavvvvvin

PS highlights of the night included My Michelle, Andersons hydroponic speech (loony motherfucker) and Axl getting the shits at the guy asking for Slash haha.

iwannarock

HSC
bowman said:
iwannarock said:
axl rose's voice was the defining element of gnr. without it....its not gnr. most people recognise gnr for axls voice. my mum whose not even a gnr fan can listen to a song and recognise the voice and instantly know its gnr.
QUOTE]

slash is what makes gunners.
without slash there would be no axle.
this isn't about the creation of appetite for destruction. of course slash played a major part in that. and fuck izzy was more important than slash in terms of songwriting. slash is one of my favourite guitarists but the importance of his role in the band is fucking overrated. everyone overlooks the other members who were just as equally important.

but anyway, this is about a band PERFORMING guns n roses songs.

and for that you NEED axl rose. if my mum was listening to velvet revolver cover its so easy or brownstone she wouldnt think it was gnr.

you don't necessarily need slash. the 3 guitarists all played the solos perfectly. yes even robin fink did a great job.

it was the best concert i've ever been to. i was like 2m from the front dead centre.

iwannarock

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
PS highlights of the night included My Michelle, Andersons hydroponic speech (loony motherfucker) and Axl getting the shits at the guy asking for Slash haha.
hahah i was right next to that guy. i was worried the show would end right there.

he was yelling wheres slash. then axl was like who said that.

then a person who didn't even say anything thought it'd be a good idea to put his hand up to be a smartass.

worst mistake that guy ever made. eventually he got ejected.

infact i was right next to every person i saw get ejected.

the funniest one i saw was this dickhead who lit up a cigarette. security guard is like hey u gotta put that out. then the security guard who is like in the crowd came over and the guy dropped it.

"is that yours?"

"i dunno"

"look this is ur last warning.....you cant smoke ok"

"alright"

*guy proceeds to put his rude finger up at the other security guard at the barrier shining the light*

"ok thats it you're out of here".

hahahahahha

:rofl:

another highlight was the circle pit me and some other guys formed during my michelle.

G

Gavvvvvin

haha you mustve been standing like right next to me...i was the guy in the megadeth shirt and beanie

iwannarock

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Okay I take back what I said...went again last night with gold GA tickets instead of my shitty seats and had a fucken blast! Probably the most fun I've had at a concert. I was 2nd row for most of the night and Axl was full staring my in the eye during November Rain haha. Only complaint was hardly anyone seemed to know any words and people not getting into it enough. How the fuck can you stand there and not move during the end of paradise City! Get out of my way fuckers!
seats would have sucked. would have been a completely different atmosphere.

motley crue was ruined for me because there was no standing area at all.

iwannarock

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
haha you mustve been standing like right next to me...i was the guy in the megadeth shirt and beanie
megadeth shirt........definetly rings a bell.

i was in a white shirt black vest and had long hair.

that guy who was yelling out slash kept on saying it then pointing at me!

it would have been disaster if axl stopped again and said "who said that" then it'd be him and his friend pointing at me saying "slash!"......."slash!".

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I just think GnR is now Axl Rose and his cover band. If they can't get me of all people to go to their concert, there's something seriously lacking.

Plus Axl kind of forgot to leave Brisbane (which is important if one wants to play in Sydney). I like my bands to be prompt.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
I just think GnR is now Axl Rose and his cover band. If they can't get me of all people to go to their concert, there's something seriously lacking.
There was going to be a concert here with all these super original members (like Tracii Guns and stuff). It got cancelled for lack of interest. I lol'd.

I don't know if I would go to an Axl and friends concert though. I've only heard positive reports, but I don't know if it would be the same. Not that I've ever seen the original band, but still. And I'm a pretty big fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)