The Official Le Tour De France/Cycling Thread (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
So fucking excited. Watching the starting time trials right now.

The repeating 4am finishes for 3 weeks are gonna kill me though...

Is anyone else going to be following it closely?

HalcyonSky

HSC
yea probly, im keen to see lance armstrong fail

apparently hes the 2nd favourite to win?

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yeah, but that's just due to the mania of his return imo. Contador, Sastre or Evans will probably win it assuming there are no major mishaps (but you never know with the Tour).

Not a huge fan of the time trials, can't wait till the proper race begins, there's much more strategy in that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Le Tour de France

Who's your pick for this year's Tour de France?

Contador? Sastre? Armstrong? Evans? Menchov? Schleck?

I'm really hoping that Evans can pull it off this time around but with the mountain stages, I think we might see Contador becoming a dual-champion in 2009. Perhaps Armstrong might even pull some surprises, especially after his time trial.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Guestimating Contador. But Armstrong getting a time of 20:12 in his first Tour in four years was impressive.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Who's your pick for this year's Tour de France?

Contador? Sastre? Armstrong? Evans? Menchov? Schleck?

I'm really hoping that Evans can pull it off this time around but with the mountain stages, I think we might see Contador becoming a dual-champion in 2009. Perhaps Armstrong might even pull some surprises, especially after his time trial.
We're all hoping for Evans I think haha.

But yeah, Contador is the best bet ALTHOUGH, as there is a mountaintop finish this year, Sastre is a fucking good bet imo.

pman

Banned
HSC
The best team is CSC and that will show in the team time trial and in the mountains. I hope Cadel wins but I think his best chance was last year. I am an armstrong hater, when i went to the tour in 03, my sister (about 7 at the time) was in start villiage in toulose(?) with phil anderson and Lance walked past, she tried to ask for an autograph but just got pushed out of the way. Robbie Mcewan who was also in jersey contention (lost the greem jersey comp on the champs e'lesie ]or however you spell it]) came over and they talked for about 10 minutes, My sister has met McEwan many times since and they have had many long conversations. Obviously Armstrong is a complete A-hole so I would love to see him lose!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Gosh, Contador's improved so much in the time trials.

Lentern

HSC
Guestimating Contador. But Armstrong getting a time of 20:12 in his first Tour in four years was impressive.
Because their in the same team unless Contadore bombs Armstrong won't go for the win probably. He'll stay in the mix obviously so should Contador bomb the team can try and set up Armstrong but assuming Contadore does well I doubt Armstrong will have much of a chance to win. He'll have a go I'm sure but with Contador being the team leader it'll be bloody tough.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
And I assume that Leipheimer is probably ahead of Armstrong in the pecking order. We'll just have to see after the team time trials.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Armstrong made a move. I think about 19s in front of Contador now after the pelaton split.

Lentern

HSC
And I assume that Leipheimer is probably ahead of Armstrong in the pecking order. We'll just have to see after the team time trials.
Armstrong I think will make a few attempts, ultimately he'll try and beat Contador but only after he's for the most part served his duty to the team. Leipheimer I think is less likely to make any real attempt on the yellow jersey unless Contador well and trully bombs.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't think Evans can win now. And Armstrong, wow.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
fark so exciting. wish he was wearing the yellow tonight

Hypermelon

HSC
Cadel should seriously change teams if he ever wants to come close to winning again

and Armstrong is amazing. so far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)