**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
he knows the score
yeah i worked him out before,
dont waste ya breath

but seriously who DO u think is a better guitarist than page??
common msdickpants, have a say

HSC
how do you define better?
if technicality is what you're measuring by then there are a myriad of jazz, blues, flamenco, and even metal (as much as it pains me to admit) guitarists that could wipe the floor with page's jizz riddled corpse.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
such as?
i would like to know
i am open to opinion.
i just enjoy pages style of guitar playing, as do many people

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
its been a while since i posted in this thread, the one i started, and the last few posts have been tellin ppl off. dont do that here ok. and please no bashin of bands everyone is not goin to agree with ur opinions. same as slammin page by callin him a poor guitarist. compared to most guitarists he is one of the best. why do u think so many ppl hold so much respect for him. granted there are more consitent guitarists, but hendrix was also inconsistent. and id take inconsistency but incredible performances when on song than consistency and mediocre.

wanton-wonton

HSC
What do you mean by consistency? I think you said Hendrix was inconsistent because he died at an early age?

Senator04

HSC
N/A
Look whether you like Page or Led Zep, or if u hate both, u can't deny Page is a very talented guitarist and producer, i mean some of his performances and riffs are amazing, Dazed and Confused is just one example. He may not be the best ever, and there may have been people better, but he is certainly one of the best, can you all at least agree on that and stop filling up this thread with arguements.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
agreed,
i think he is talented, i cant seem to find anyone who is as good as him
sure there are some awesome guys out there. but in my books he takes the cake

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
i find all these Top 100 best guitarist list strange, because in my mind i dont think its possible to say that Page is better than Hendrix or BB King is better than Angus Young. I think its far too subjective, and the point is that in the end it doesnt really matter. Isnt it possible to enjoy all of their music without rating them 1 - 100 or whatever.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Cactus you poofter, relax will ya? That's the way mcdickpants is, if you take his shit seriously, you're only wasting your energy.
wanton-wonton said:
Metallica is a band, not a person, a band doesn't have a dick.

Biggest. Moron. EVER.

How come u dont take ur own advice. Of course Metallica is a band, im not that fucking stupid. but "Thats the way Cactus is, if you take his shit seriously, you're only wasting your energy."

wanton-wonton

HSC
Mate, your replies are shit long, mine are just 1 sentence, so how much energy did I waste? Sorry to contradict you there.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Mate, your replies are shit long, mine are just 1 sentence, so how much energy did I waste? Sorry to contradict you there.

*points up* 2 sentences

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Cactus said:
i find all these Top 100 best guitarist list strange, because in my mind i dont think its possible to say that Page is better than Hendrix or BB King is better than Angus Young. I think its far too subjective, and the point is that in the end it doesnt really matter. Isnt it possible to enjoy all of their music without rating them 1 - 100 or whatever.
i think u sir are RIGHT!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
agreed
i have been on holidays, need to bring this back

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ive seen that twice today

but yes we must keep this alive- i just started to learn the guitar..in time with practise i wanna play some easy songs on acoustic

anyone know any easy songs- a question to those who actually play and can help me out, not just a song that sounds easy- i dnt want fucked up chords. i just started

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
ive seen that twice today

but yes we must keep this alive- i just started to learn the guitar..in time with practise i wanna play some easy songs on acoustic

anyone know any easy songs- a question to those who actually play and can help me out, not just a song that sounds easy- i dnt want fucked up chords. i just started

the chords to
pink floyd - wish you were here.

and after u have mastered the chords, which is fairly easy. try to play the intro which is one of the maddest things to play to parents and there friends if u can do it

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
thejosiekiller said:

Bowman is right, "Wish You Were Here", while being an awesome song is also quite simple. It's a good song to learn the basic chords on.

I taught myself to play guitar, it's not the easiest way but if you're determined it can work. I just listened to music and if a song sounded cool and I wanted to play it, I would get the tabs and just give it a go. At the start it was frustrating because often times I wan't ready for a certain song, but with perseverance you can get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)