**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah, try gettin lessons at a guitar factory, cause they have normally have good teachers

ledzeppelin

HSC
I just listened to In Through the Out Door the whole way through for the first time tonight
It's a mad album

Also, the Achilles Last Stand solo is sooooooooooooooooo good
i would go as far as to say it is as good as, if not better than, the stairway solo

Z

Zeppelin

Funny... I just came here to makre a topic about them. LOL.

"Achilles Last Stand" and "Ramble On" own my soul.

Z

Zeppelin

Cactus said:
This has got me thinking......do any of you relate a zeppelin song to a certain situation, like hearing it reminds you of something or someone. or do you play any of their songs for particular events etc......?
All the time. Ten Years Gone reminds me of a vairety of things I experienced during high school. There are a number of other songs, too.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah ten years gone is a good song, its my fav of physical graffiti

Z

Zeppelin

I haven't seen Almost Famous, at least, not completely. I might have to check that out. I wonder if you noticed in one of the Simpsons epidoes (I believe it's the one where Homer becomes a cannon freak), you can see a poster of Led Zeppelin's first album on the wall of his 70's dorm room.

ledzeppelin

HSC
all of my love has climbed my favourite song list significantly in the last 24 hours

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i have stil yet to get in through the out door and CODA,

i'll get them soon. but i have all other studio albums

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i just downloaded a Hey Joe cover by zeppelin

quality inst good, but still u can hear how good it is

Jumpman

HSC
Led Zeppelin is great :D
stairway to heaven easily has the best guitar solo ever

some other songs of theirs i find really annoying though

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Im a big Zeppelin fan, though I dont like their studio stuff much. Houses of the Holy was a mad album, but I dont really listen to the others unless Im stoned (III is ****ing awesome when you are whacked, especially the solo in Since Ive Been Loving You).

How the West Was Won is without a doubt, one of the best CD releases of all time. Its my most played CD according to iTunes. The DVD is also great, especially the Knebworth concert
. I swear my mum used to think I was retarded because I went through a phase where Id come home from uni and watch the Royal Albert Hall concert like two consecutive times a day.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Without a doubt all their live releases are much better than their stuido stuff, although a lot of that is to do with the different technology available to Page now. The HTWWW recording is definitely the best live album of a band recorded in the 70s, the quality is so amazingly good

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Not just the quality too, but the consistency of the performances. Zeppelin almost pretty much delivered mind blowing concerts every time they played. Ive got a few bootlegs of concerts from 1969 - 1981, and its all top quality stuff.

Also, as a humourous anecdote, the police once turned up at my house when I was watching the Zeppelin DVD after I got my new computer speakers. Apparently my neighbours didnt like Kashmir :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)