• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (2 Viewers)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
nah pink floyd at times are hard to listen to. i need to be in the mood for it.

zeppelin on the other hand i can listen to 24/7

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Man, listen to Stephanie Says by The Velvet Underground next time you get stoned. Its amazing.

My favourite Zep song when Im stoned is Bron-Yr-Aur or Ten Years Gone.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i like listening to dazed and confused live, especially when he starts playing with the violin bow. fuck its trippy

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
bowman said:
nah pink floyd at times are hard to listen to. i need to be in the mood for it.

zeppelin on the other hand i can listen to 24/7
i can listen to pink floyd whenever wherever, cos they have music for all moods, but i find the same for led zeppelin as well.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Same, I can listen to both 24/7. Dark Side of the Moon suits all moods. For me at least. If I am in a mood for soft music (very rarely) i don't think Zeppelin would suit

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Led Zep are without a doubt, the best hard rock band ever. Every hard rock band before or since just seems like a dud compared to them.

When Im stoned though, I prefer to listen to more experimental stuff (Pink Floyd, Beatles White Album, Frog Eyes, VU and Nico), but I also like Zepps acoustic stuff. Physical Graffiti is really good stoner stuff, especially songs like Ten Years Gone.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
just a question how many posts do u reckon u say when "im stoned" or smashed or something?? i think u have great taste in music man, but lay off the weed for a bit

i mean dont be one of those stoners for life dude

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I dont think Ive posted here when I havent been stoned, so. Ive never said Im smashed though, since I dont drink much and I wouldnt be posting on the net if I were.

Anyway, reality changes a bit when youre stoned. I like to do different, watch and listen to different things than when Im sober.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Ive been smoking a bit lately because Im on holidays and dont have a job at the moment. Ive been looking quite a lot though, and I think Ive scored one so Ill just go back to smoking once every two weeks or so by the time uni gets back into semester.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Their cover of Travelling Riverside Blues is great. You can find it on the extended version of Coda, the ten CD boxset, BBC sessions and the DVD. (or any p2p network)

It was originally intended for the first album, then their second, third, fourth and so on. Its a pity it never made them though, because its one of my favourite Zep songs.

Last edited:

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
it's OK

but over the hills an far away, that has to be my alltime fave zep song. it's on the DVD and it's on houses of the holy and the 3 disk live CD.

it's such a good song

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Its my birthday today, i got given BBC sessions. Listened to the 2nd disc, it rocks. Not as good as HTWWW though

Revolution

HSC
Because I'm lazy, I'm just gonna quote my post from this thread regarding my thoughts on Led Zeppelin... :D

Led Zeppelin are one of the most talented and mystical classic rock bands, even if these days not so many younger people listen to 'em much anymore, as you said. Personally I've been listening to LZ for a few years now (since I was about 13 or 14), and to me their songs have always sent a 'shiver' down my spine too :] Houses of the Holy is definitely my favourite album with songs like The Ocean, The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song (although LZ II and 'Untitled' (LZ IV) come close as my favourite albums, but I love 'em all :)) Sure, Jimmy Page may have 'borrowed' more than a few riffs here and there, but in all honesty there has been no other band that has combined classic blues rock in so many ways (Middle-Eastern: "Kashmir", reggae: "D'yer Mak'er", and on and on). Really the only way for someone to appreciate the true beauty of Led Zeppelin is to listen to all of their albums, and watching The Song Remains The Same and the Led Zeppelin DVD would help too!! :D
As you can see, I really like Led Zeppelin!! :D!
Cactus said:
Its my birthday today, i got given BBC sessions. Listened to the 2nd disc, it rocks. Not as good as HTWWW though
How The West Was Won is a good live album, but not their best IMO. The Led Zeppelin DVD is better, I think (not to mention a lot of bootleg material of LZ that I have 'acquired' over the times...) ;)

Last edited:
HSC
i want to buy the led zeppelin dvd but it's damn expensive with $66 at hmv
has there ever been a video clip to stairway to heaven? awesome classic stuff

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i wanna get some more bootleg stuff. Revolution where did u get urs from?

Revolution

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
i want to buy the led zeppelin dvd but it's damn expensive with $66 at hmv
has there ever been a video clip to stairway to heaven? awesome classic stuff
I got the DVD for $59 at Retravision late last year, it should come down in price eventually... As for Stairway to Heaven, I know there was a 110MB clip from the LZ film 'The Song Remains the Same' doing the rounds on p2p awhile ago (I skipped getting it as I own the DVD of TSRTS). Also the version of Stairway on the LZ DVD is very good (1975 Earl's Court performance). :)
bowman said:
i wanna get some more bootleg stuff. Revolution where did u get urs from?
Just various downloads from p2p, and from a friend of mine on another forum who has 20GBs of LZ bootlegs (I don't know where he got 'em all, sorry...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)