• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (2 Viewers)

_Amie_

HSC
I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this thread before!! Wow, I love Led Zeppelin. Everytime I listen its almost like a spiritual experience, the music just has an incredible effect on me. I've got it all, all the albums on record, the DVD's, some rare stuff my dad managed to get hold of back in the 70's...Such talented musicians, collaborating and creating such a mixture of sounds and experiments, you can just imagine the drugs they were on back then! Give me some!
All in all, I love them. I could go on forever about how good they are.

Revolution

HSC
_Amie_ said:
I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this thread before!! Wow, I love Led Zeppelin. Everytime I listen its almost like a spiritual experience, the music just has an incredible effect on me. I've got it all, all the albums on record, the DVD's, some rare stuff my dad managed to get hold of back in the 70's...Such talented musicians, collaborating and creating such a mixture of sounds and experiments, you can just imagine the drugs they were on back then! Give me some!
All in all, I love them. I could go on forever about how good they are.
Some of that 'rare stuff' is probably some of the stuff I've downloaded, heh... :D

_Amie_

HSC
Revolution said:
Some of that 'rare stuff' is probably some of the stuff I've downloaded, heh... :D
Ha Ha, yeah I wouldn't be surprsied..the wonders of modern technology!!

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
hey can someone lemmie know who has some boot leg zeppelin stuff, cause i'll download it off em.

i seroiusly cant get enough of zeppelin

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
i dont know if this has been said before, but have any of you seen the live film clip for Dazed and Confused, where the guitar is played with a violin string? its awesome :D

Revolution

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
i dont know if this has been said before, but have any of you seen the live film clip for Dazed and Confused, where the guitar is played with a violin string? its awesome :D
Yeah, Page uses a bow on Dazed and Confused on both the studio and when performing the extended version of the song live. Other songs he uses the bow on are "In The Light" and "In The Evening" :D

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
thought id bring this thread up, been dead a while. anyways a lil while ago i had an argument wif a mate who thought that page used the bow on kashmir. idiot i walked away with $10.

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
wow im the same as Amie, this is so cool to have found this thread!
Anyone here play zep songs on guitar? I went to my library other day n found a guitar mag with the making of 15 zep songs plus tabbed i was so stoked. The town library is now an unexplored resource

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
must say led zep is awesome and soooooooo fuckin good to play while ur driving

Keen

MD
HSC
Got 'How the West was won' this is sooo good, the live stuff is amazing.
Loaded them up to my mobile phone - love them.

Keen

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
cappen said:
wat do u think his best cd is???

i think THE best CD is Houses of the holy. has songs that i really enjoy listening to. Over the Hills n Far away, and The ocean are some Great songs

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hmm HOH is great, as is 1V and PG. then again every album cept ITTOD is brilliant. dunno how someone can pick just one. its like choosin a fave song by zep, nearly impossible.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
im an idiot said:
clearly IV was the best
yes it's good, but I personally think Houses of the Holy is better. i also prefer to listen to live Zeppelin. i think the true skill of all the players seems to be made more apparent when playing live. the way that they all worked off each other to make awesome sounding music that will never be replicated again

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea zep live was were it was at. nothin better really. the extended songs, d & d over 25mins long, the solos esp STH etc. fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)