**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
What Led Zeppelin DVD about their history and/or concerts are there out there? Ones thats worth the money.
Reviving the thread. Im not exactly sure what your question is but I will answer what I think it is.

The Song Remains the Same DVD (live concert from Madison Square Garden '73) and Led Zeppelin DVD are the only official DVDs and they are both well worth it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah theyre good concerts or shows of them.

but if you want a biohraphy of sorts on the band there r lots of releases im sure

mack

Banned
HSC
Led Zeppelin were influential and Page would be the reason why millions pickup a guitar in the first place, but I don't think they're the be all and end all of music.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
mack said:
Led Zeppelin were influential and Page would be the reason why millions pickup a guitar in the first place, but I don't think they're the be all and end all of music.

I think Zeppelin needs to be judged not by today's musical standard but by the standards of the 60s/70s. I mean, today their songs might seem mediocre at times, all about fairies and english countryside, and sex, but when they were written a lot of their sounds were things that no-one had ever heard before. I think in that way they, along with others of their genre, pioneered a new form of music, and Zeppelin's influence can still be heard today.

And as mack said, Page has inspired so many to pick up guitar and want to perform. Anyone see the Chili Peppers guitarist at the Mojo awards, presenting a lifetime acheivement award to Jimmy Page? At first he couldnt stop shaking, then halfway through the speech he broke down crying and couldnt finish the speech. THAT is the true effect that Zeppelin had, it inspired a whole generation of musicians to go on and do what they have done today

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i went to see a led zeppelin tribute show on thursday, called zed leppelin, if anyone has the chance to see these guys DO IT!!... i thought it would be blasphemous to compare the two, but it was amazing, the lead singer looked and sounded a shitload like plant. the guitarist was note-perfect. the drummer was awesome and the bassist was also great.
and considering it was a free show i was a happy man indeed.
highly reccomended and for us who weren;t even alive to see a led zeppelin show, it is probably the closest we will ever get.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
yeh where? lol we should organise an official thread meetup and go see their next gig

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
man i was just up around that area.
fuck
i want them to tour in sydney

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah i went to schoolies,
and mullimbimby for a few days, and byron is like 5 min from it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)