**The Official LED ZEPPELIN thread** (2 Viewers)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea ive heard some really good ones, like a excellent live rain song, live stairway. but there has been very poor ones, like live black dog, song remains the same etc. depends on audio transfer and how they were that nite.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
theyre just rare recordings- sometimes they can be good and other times the sound quality is very poor

Not really 'rare' there are hundreds of recordings out there. The audience recordings apparently are usually poor quality but there were some recordings, particularly in the 'latter days' from the FOH mixing board, which are the good quality ones. Page often had them record their shows from the board, however many of these recordings were stolen from his house........

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
true, but its not like they were released at the time when they were recorded- if they were going to release a live album they usually went to the effort of making a good recording...bootlegs can sometimes be good though, but these days they are more or less illegal recordings and u can hear the audience better than the show

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Who thinks that Angus Young is just a miniature Jimmy Page. I mean seriously Young's solos sound exactly like Page, they are mostly Pentatonic major.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
dude seriously whatever is up your arse, get it out. you think you know everything about music and you're always right. i have an opinion, its not the same as yours. get over it

wanton-wonton

HSC
hahahah yeh you're right, i shouldnt have been so .... uptight

sorry, i apologize

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i fogive u

who has downloaded bootleg copies of zep live shows?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
who hasnt downloaded bootlegs of zep. i got the best Rain song version,also got kashmir from their 1979 knebworth tour, and i got stairway from 1972 and since ive been lovin you from 1971. best bootlegs i got.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
aahh, man i gotta start downloadin them
i feel like i am letting them down, i mean i have every album, now i want to get every bootleg album

Keen

MD
HSC
Led-Zep said:
who hasnt downloaded bootlegs of zep. i got the best Rain song version,also got kashmir from their 1979 knebworth tour, and i got stairway from 1972 and since ive been lovin you from 1971. best bootlegs i got.

They sound like some of the songs and concerts off the Led Zeppelin DVD. Get that with 5.1 dts sound - so much better than crappy mp3s.

Keen

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah but i like finding out the many different ways Jimmy played his songs,

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
who has the zep song "hot dog"
it's on the in through the out door album
my uncle says it's one of the better songs on the album. i've been trying to download it but i have had no sucess.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ive heard it was the worst song zep ever did. which is sayin somethin cause they have an incredible range of great songs.

Keen

MD
HSC
All you guys going "I heard, I heard" rediculous.
I've got al the led zep studio albums on MP3 and AAC (only about 400 mb)
I don't really like the stuff after Led Zep I & II.
I'm currently listening to Hot Dog and I think it's a pretty dodgy song, sounds like a 50's style blues/swing/rock song (sort of like old school Elvis).
Except great guitar solo by Jimmy as usual

Cheers

Keen

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Keen said:
I'm currently listening to Hot Dog and I think it's a pretty dodgy song, sounds like a 50's style blues/swing/rock song (sort of like old school Elvis).
Duh. It's mean to be an elvis-style song, Page/Plant were heavily influenced by Elvis and it's obviously a parody song in the same was a D'yer Maker is

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
bowman said:
who has the zep song "hot dog"
it's on the in through the out door album
my uncle says it's one of the better songs on the album. i've been trying to download it but i have had no sucess.

Thats not saying much it wasnt a very good album. It's got a 'chicken-picken' style riff, very country, and as was already pointed out, and Elvis-style vocal arrangement

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea that whole album isnt very good aye. though its typical zeppelin goin on a new direction. i heard that if bonham didnt die their next album, which couldve been their last due to their arguments and page,bonzo livin it up so to speak, their next album wouldve been very heavy kinda back to the old stuff. wouldve been interesting to hear.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
wow i just downloaded it and rang my uncle up and told him, he's a dickhead

i think it is a weak zeppelin song

and keen, i have every album on CD and Vinyl. through to physical graffiti. my dad bought the Vinyl and i bought the CD's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)