• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 Thread (2 Viewers)

Garygaz

HSC
I still <3 my PS3. :'[

It's a console of the people, for the people, by the people.

hsb39

HSC
Why isn't the Wii on this list? It's my favourite by far.

But between PS3 and 360, I would swing to 360.

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
Playstation has snake. Xbox has the green guy with a stupid helmet that goes pew pew to aliens (yes i know he's Master Chief i'm being an ass) gogo ps3.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok so i want a next gen console, and from what i can see, almost all ps3 games are also available for xbox360, while ps3 is about twice the price of xbox360.
There arent many ps3 exclusive games, like..there are a few, haze (apparantly crap), mgs4 (ive never played an mgs game but apparantly theyre awesome) and probably some more, while xbox has gears of war 2, ... and some others.
The only reason i want a ps3 is because God of War 3 will be coming out. Is there any reason why xbox360 will be the better alternative? Keep in mind that god of war 1 and 2 are very high in my list of favourite games, anyone who has played both of them will understand my need to play the 3rd one. But is the ps3 really worth getting over 1 game when almost all other games are also on another console which is half the price?

Convince me as to which one is better, why i should get xbox or why i should get ps3. (in terms of current, and more importantly, future releases. Also in terms of when the next gen might be released, ie ps4/xbox360 2..)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
xboxs are cheaper, but they're stacks noisier, and they have a pretty big and hot power brick. They have heaps of pretty cool games, but I got a ps3 because I prefer the technical specs of it.

Ps3 has integrated wifi, blutooth and usb ports so that you can plug peripherals such as mice and keyboards into them. You can install linux on them, and it has an integrated web browser. I also use it as my media centre. I can set up windows media player to share stuff with my ps3 and I can download and watch my films on my tv (it has a divx player).

Online gaming with the ps3 is free, while you must subscribe to xbox live to play online games.

Most importantly it comes with a bluray player, which pretty much means you have HD movies on your TV. It also means that future game titles that demand more than a dual layer dvd can offer can use bluray technology to fit their content in.

Dual layer blurays are capable of around 50Gb of data. Experimental 16 layers can carry 300Gb.

Paying extra for a ps3 was more of long term investment for me.

PsychoNerd

HSC
LittleBigplanet just came out, plus the PS3 is showing it's hold over the 360, plus christmas is coming out, PLUS blu-ray won the war.

DEATH TO THE XPOX

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
LBP, Resistance 2, PS3 Home, Killzone 2, Valykrie Chronicles, Naruto Ultimate Storm, etc.

PS3 is a solid gaming system, so is the x360, but it's nearing the edge of its life span.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol how is the 360 nearing the edge of its life span :p ps3 and 360 will die out at exactly the same time

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stazi said:
lol how is the 360 nearing the edge of its life span :p ps3 and 360 will die out at exactly the same time
lol. Simply because the X360 has been out for longer, and rumour is that MSoft is rolling out new Xboxes sometime in the near future. As for the PS3, no gaming company has utilised the full potential of the PS3. Althoguh, Killzone will probably be the first to use all 6 cores at 60% load.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
How are we defining life span?

When a new console comes out or when the console becomes discontinued?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
What I mean by life span, is that all the potential for the gaming system for better games have been exhausted. In terms of processor load, etc. The capabilities of the system have been known and have been utliised to the fulllest.

fully223

HSC
Well XB360's are mad cause you can mod the disc drives and play backups. Just my 2 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)