The PAU/The Arts Unit Thread: Music (1 Viewer)

bart69

timyates_87 said:
WOW!!!!! a BOS meet up!!!!! lol, will you be tuning me ujuphleg, i hope so!!!, good thing were mates now :p. OMG OMG OMG i can't wait till the 14th November 1st REHERSAL!!!! and then INTENSE rehersals allll week!!! YAY!!!!
Hey to get in for the orchestra.... do u need to have done an audition already? I hope i havnt missed out!!!!!

queeny

HSC
im a singer...is anyone trynig out for spec this yr either as a featured artist or in orchestra???? or if ur a singer have u heard from spec or tdp....

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
bart69 said:
Are u struggling wit your pieces? Me too!! I havent started some of mine because im doing AmusA pieces? What do u play? Romainian Folk dance N06 Is hard at da moment!!!!
Nope,.... im not in PAU .. ^_^ just heard you were doing that piece ^_^ caprccio is easy.. dont worry bout it and i play cello :p :chainsaw:

bradfacey

HSC
hey queeny!

Im in senior singers too! and i attended SMC last year, and I auditioned for feat. artist for spec this year!! (and no, havent heard anything back yet!!)

Im probs know you!
Did u do the Tattoo or Idol gig with singers?

Brad

queeny

HSC
hey is there still any pau people around??? did anyone go to state music camp?

pipsqueak_flip

HSC
Hello

Hi, this is my first time writing on a forum thingy here.... and I'm in PAU orchestra... i play clarinet.... do I know ne of u guys? Prob wont be back here for a while to reply cos I prob. should be studying.... oh well, nice to have found u all!

P.S. neone wanna go to the con next year?

Pippy

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Schools Spec Stage Band/Orchestra auditions are being held from 12-23 Sept. I went to my audition last week on the 12th.
I was suprised because there was only one person on the audition panel.

musik-nerd

HSC
PAU is so hot..

the orch is on tour in europe .. they're in austria right now! i've heard rumours of many snowball fights.

anyway yes - im jealous. wish i could be in PAU.. damn private schools..

-=Matt=-

HSC
Hey

Hey,
just wondering if there is still any ppl out there!!

sophie_dybs

Elite!
HSC
OMG i got into PAU but i live two and a half hours away so mum sed NO WAY!
a guy at my school is in PAU though as a drummer... hes never at school haha!
i went to SMC in 2004 and 2005- in 2005 i was a section leader of the second flutes... i had fun! and it was where i met one my of my great frends!
george is cool! he was so awesome at SMC! and funny!
i couldnt go this year coz i went to hawaii with the hunter central coast egional wind ensemble! it was fun fun fun!

prweber

HSC
hey! First post here... I am in the stage band this year for Spec... just wondering if there are any other Spec trombonists out there... I havent done it before but thought... well its my last year why not... although after i applied i managed to pick up a paid gig the night of the Spec which sucks... Spec is costing me $150 hahaha... it better be worth it...

champo14

HSC
prweber said:
hey! First post here... I am in the stage band this year for Spec... just wondering if there are any other Spec trombonists out there... I havent done it before but thought... well its my last year why not... although after i applied i managed to pick up a paid gig the night of the Spec which sucks... Spec is costing me $150 hahaha... it better be worth it...
Heh, hey Pauly. This thread looks dead, but I'm hoping to revive it!

I can't believe I havent found this before but yeah, I've played trombone in SSWE and Jazz Orchestra since year 7 and been to Music Camp all those years and Spec Stage Band and what not. PAU has been my life for ages, it'll be odd to give it up. SSWE is going to Chigaco this year after the HSC, it will be rad!

So who is still out there in PAU? Or at least was once, or knows someone who is?

We can have a good ol' chat about old memories.

cello=love

HSC
Hey all,

This is my third year in the arts unit, which really does not seem that long compared to some of you. I was in SWO on flute for two years and then I moved up into SWE for this year. That means I am going to the US tour this year in December which I am really looking forward to. I also play cello and have been in Orchestra for the last two years which has been very fun. The end of year concerts are on Monday the 12th of November (SWO and SWE) and Tuesday the 13th of November (Sinfonia and Orchestra) at the Salvation Army congress hall , the concerts start at 7:30 and tickets are available at the door. I cannot speak for SWO or Sinfonia but I do know that SWE and Orchestra have a really great program and it would be good to see you all there.

steban

violin dude
HSC
keke, 'cello=love' is SOOOO karly from orchstra, rock on stringers~!!

well im in spec this year and its awesome,....except that leraning 40ish pieces of music in a couple weeks time, and having all day rehearsals can be rather enervating...

but yeah, first timer for the symphony orchestra and also spec so im very excited!

Justion

HSC
Oh wow, PAU.

I'm one of the notorious alto saxophone players in SSSWE. It's a shame this thread is so dead. And oh dear, Brendan's BANNED?

I hope to get into Spec this year, before its too late. But darn, there are little to no spots for alto.

Davomann

HSC
SWE yeah!!
Bass Clarinet is my specialty. I was in SWO last year and even after 1 rehearsal with SWE i can tell its going to be a much better year, musically.
I was also in Senior Singers last year but since the Arts Unit has changed its rehearsals to weekly from monthly, Hardly anyone from last year is able to continue this year. We were all very angry.
Spec is awesome fun. I've been in the choir for the last 2 years (with Singers) but I don't think I'll be able to do it this year unless I get a solo part (unlikely)
Reasons are:
Cant go with school cos i'm year 12 and i wont be at school anymore then. I doubt if school will even go cos they rejected the offer last year (many VERY angry students) and I think they take for granted that they will just be asked again.
Cant go with singers cos I'm not in that anymore since it went weekly
Wont get into the orchestra - No specific Bass Clarinet spot - one of the 3 clarinet players plays Bass for a few songs if its needed
Wont get into stage band - I do play Bari Sax too, but i am nowhere near good enough - especially since there's only 1 bari

So i figure my only (low) chance is to go for either a Solo singing spot or as a backing singer.
I refuse to dance

sorry about the long windedness of that comment

PAU is awesome! (except for the singers part)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)