The PAU/The Arts Unit Thread: Music (2 Viewers)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
HAHA, SO BE WARNED!!

is it going to be like this tomorrow joe?? or are you actually going to be ok..?

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
oh wow! i havent been on here since saturday so i didnt read those replies before saturday.. i didnt know that was you! You should of come up to me. Howd you like sunday. My lips were shit after jus that day. Cant imagine next week then..

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
i assume yout talking about trumpet geek??, yeh sunday was pretty tough and its only gonna get worse :(

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
see i told you james is in the orchestra. And because Panichi is playing 1st in the orchestra, i think Adrian's gona play the trumpet solo in stage band for music is the language of us all. Damn i wish i was in stage band! o well

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
adrian?? whos he? i really should start to know the local big band trumpets, i have nooo idea who any of them are!!

and yes you were right joe!! :) james is in it!! :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
just got back from the PAU Concert Series 3, with SWE, SWO and Manly Selctive High.

Congrats to our BOS members "Vicsta" and "imhere4themusic", hope i didn't miss anyone.
And for all the Year 12's your last ever SWE concert :(. Orchestra tomorrow night, GAH "Poet and Peasant" :( and then Town Hall Christmas on Dec 17th!! EVERYONE COME!!! :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
hey ujuphleg why didnt you come and say hi to me at schools spectacular! Now i will never solve the mystery of who you are! hehehe

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well i never got confirmation of whether you were in the orchestra or not! so i can't be blamed for that can i?

besides, why would i want to say hi to a person whose probably going to bag me out anyways?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
she said hi to ME!!! :p hehe how did you know what i looked like from that tiny pic.. << but we should have talked more i only saw you that once. i should have intro'd you to trumpet geek and naa she wouldn't have baged you. thats all in the past now... i think, right joe? :p

ja`-/se

HSC
School Spec

Do u know how u can audition for a solo for school spec. Like for instruments as well as voice?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You need to be cosy with George Torbay at the PAU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I believe you can send a video to the PAU, and try your luck that way. But ultimately George Torbay is ultimately the one who calls the shots, and if you're Chinese, you have no chance whatsoever.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Can you please refrain from making those kind of comments with that sort of profanity in the public forum? If you want to, continue this with PM's because, in my view, your perception of any supposed racism on the part of George Torbay has no relevancy whatsoever to this thread.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
On the contrary, this is a thread about the PAU, and George Torbay is the Chief Conductor (Choral Music) of the PAU (though the day I get appointed Minister for Education, he's gone).

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
it seems as if you have been cut pretty deeply by mr george torbay phanatical.. do you care to explain this hatred you have for him... and no comment from me cause i have never really spoken to him although i must say his conducting style sucks... :p sorry ujuphleg :D

As for the orginal question by ja`-/se i think they start looking for soloist around march so it'd be a good idea to ask you music teacher and also ring The Arts Unit, best of luck with getting into spec.. you'll love it!!! :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Phanatical said:
On the contrary, this is a thread about the PAU, and George Torbay is the Chief Conductor (Choral Music) of the PAU (though the day I get appointed Minister for Education, he's gone).
But the personal preferences, prejudices or beliefs that George MAY OR MAY NOT have are irrelevant.

jessabelle080

I so didn't know there was a PAU thread

Heya dudes,
I so didn't know they had this on here, i'm so blind. Spec was fun, as expected, it was my 4th year doing it. Been in PAU orchestra for ummm.....3 years, lots of fun, i'm a cellist.....go cellos, we rock! I agree with the favouritism thing, i mean it works for seating arrangements as well. oh well, have to deal with it. no more for me. Have fun in orchestra next year then.
ciao

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
jessabelle080 said:
Heya dudes,
I so didn't know they had this on here, i'm so blind. Spec was fun, as expected, it was my 4th year doing it. Been in PAU orchestra for ummm.....3 years, lots of fun, i'm a cellist.....go cellos, we rock! I agree with the favouritism thing, i mean it works for seating arrangements as well. oh well, have to deal with it. no more for me. Have fun in orchestra next year then.
ciao
heya coolies!! im 1st trumpet in PAU orchestra and 4th :( trumpet in spec.. are you in year 12? how crap was it that the cancelled our finnaly xmas concert :( i didn't even get to say bye to all the pau ppl that didn't get into spec.

i got scared when the stage kept shaking with the damn choir!! :p
how AWESOME was the rhythm section this year!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)