The PAU/The Arts Unit Thread: Music (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
I swear - the BEST part for the basses is the "Jitterbug" in Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.. It's so funny! :p

Bleuch, Unchained Melody.

That 80s medley is mad :D

And I reckon You Raise Me Up should be left to Josh Groban to belt out at his appropriate concerts and CD recordings.

Re: Evanescence. Weren't/wasn't one fo them actually an ex-Spec person, so that's this year's reminiscing of Specs gone by? But still, argh. I remember last year in the choir all the little teeny-boppers were going crazy and singing along and the scaffolding almost died where I was sitting...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
chepas said:
Re: Evanescence. Weren't/wasn't one fo them actually an ex-Spec person, so that's this year's reminiscing of Specs gone by? But still, argh. I remember last year in the choir all the little teeny-boppers were going crazy and singing along and the scaffolding almost died where I was sitting...
every year, i think its gonna be my last and i'm CONVINCED that bloody scaffolding is going to collapse under the weight of the Secondary Choir. that is some hair raising stuff. And i agree, Jitterbug and Wake Me Up would be MAD for basses.

Last edited:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
does anyone know about "after spec" parties?? i know there are official ones for the main stars but is there one for Orchestra and Choir etc. the HARD working ppl :p. i've herd heaps of rumours but can anyone set it straight??

steph_eff

scaffolding

yeah, i wish the choir wouldn't dance on that thing... it feels like the whole ent cent is going to fall down when they do that

oh and spec party? i dont know about any spec party as yet but i think there is one every year

chepas

HSC
I think there are things where people go for various pissups in places... I heard of something where people go to Hyde Park.... but that's just from what I've heard, not really sure. Also don't know who sort of starts it all or organises.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
there are lots of people who have their own unofficial partys. e.g in hyde park or someone's place afterwards, never anything official.
don't sweat about it you'll hear about it when people start to organise them - spec hasn't even really started yet so of course noone knows anything yet. you'll hear about it in time. if you're cool enough to be invited. :cool:
i had a "party" for the screening of spec on abc last year. hehe by "party" i mean like 5 people over, with a bowl of chips. :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i've been doing spec for 4 years and i have never attended a party -- but then again, my parents are strict, so even if there was one, i don't think i'd be allowed

i persuaded them into letting me go to schoolies (although only for 3 days) and i'll be leaving the day after so i still won't be going.

i'd presume the individual groups would have their parties though right? Like the orchestra or the stage band....

just keep your eyes and ears open when spec starts. :)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
------------------------SPEC MUSIC HAS ARRIVE----------------------------​

WOO HOO, k just got the music here it is

• Advance Aussie Fair
  • All things/I've got the music in me
  • Final Countdown/Girls just wanna have fun/video killed the radio star/500 miles/what i like about you/wake me up before you go go :p
  • Remember
  • I surrender
  • Wiggly World
  • ABC
  • The Road less travelled
  • Wham Bam
  • Dancing in the Street
  • Nature Boy
  • Masquerade
  • I want to spend my lifetime loving you
  • Perhaps, Perhaps
  • Kissing you
  • Down with love
  • I've got the music in me
  • The mask of Zorro
  • Alleluia
  • Depth of the Temple
  • Will to Climb
  • You can't stop the beat
  • Gymnopaedes
  • My Immortal........oh gawd :p
  • Unchained Melody
  • Black Cat
  • Mr Bojangles
  • Dreams Can be
  • Music is the Language of Us all
  • Best years of our lives
  • Birthday
  • You raise me up
  • You can't stop the beat/Happy Days

so thats it :D:D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i think someone is a little more excited about getting pissed at sum party rather than the actual school spec itself... terrible terrible...!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
lol, who would that be *-), not me thats for sure :D, i doubt there will be a good after party and yes erin, i am cool enough to be invited :p

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
wow

Hi. Im new to bored of studies and came accross this chat. Im amazed to find it on here. I know alot of you people.. I wonder if you know me. Im doin spec as well! In orchestra.. playing first trombone.. should be good.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
imhere4themusic said:
Hi. Im new to bored of studies and came accross this chat. Im amazed to find it on here. I know alot of you people.. I wonder if you know me. Im doin spec as well! In orchestra.. playing first trombone.. should be good.

Hey do you go to Epping Boys? Do you know this trumpet player called Crowie who goes to ur school....(if u go to Epping)?

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
trumpet geek said:
Hey do you go to Epping Boys? Do you know this trumpet player called Crowie who goes to ur school....(if u go to Epping)?
Yeh i sure do go to Epping, and i know crowie well. What school do you go to and how do you know him? How you know i went to Epping!? lol

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
timyates_87 said:
do you know ME!!! :p, are you in PAU Orchestra as well??, YAY im in spec too :D:D
Yeh Tim of course I know you!! Youre my idol!! Only joking.. but yeh i do know you , its Andrew from con and pau. Im in pau jazz orchestra on bone and swe on tenor sax, though I wanna be in orchestra next year. Wanna go overseas!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
LOL!! HEY ANDREW HOWS IT GOING!!!!! LOL, and never fear i found that blood Wagners Funeral Music!!! and i was the one who borrowed it so no fine now!!! :D:D, AND we are FUCKED for these concerts comming up, i can't play any of the god damn pieces!!

sorry everyone else, bit random to you guys isn't it :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
timyates_87 said:
[*]Music is the Language of Us all
OMG how cool is this song!!, apart from the shit singer this piece is going off, now im wishing i could be in Stage Band :p, i reakon James Pensini will play the maddd solo... mabye steve could turn around and crack out the solo!! :D:D that'd be mad!!

Last edited:

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
Haha, someone told me that Paul Penicki will play that solo. I wish I was in stage band.. oh well theres always next year and orchestra i still got mad bits. I got that fanfare thing in final countdown. I was just thinking bout the con concerts and how we have nothing to play.. lol. The annoying thing about con is Ben always takes bone one when he can't really sight read or play in time. I mean hes got a heaps good sound lol but its not my fault im crap.. Do you think i should bring my Eupho so we can play romance.. or what?? Good that you found that music lol. Hey ez_19 do you know who I am. Im loz's bro and amy's bf. How are you? Can you play again yet?

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh mate bring your eupho cause i really wanna play romance or the 1st concert i will convince Brett, cya tomorrow!! and Paul Penniki would be maddd, if i am thinking of the same person... cyA

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
imhere4themusic said:
Yeh i sure do go to Epping, and i know crowie well. What school do you go to and how do you know him? How you know i went to Epping!? lol
I go to (or went to) Newtown and Crowie is my trumpet buddy!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)