The perfect score: 100 (1 Viewer)

picaresque

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
:eek: how the heck can u b equal in maths and english?
Your words might have several layers in meaning, but I'm comprehending zilch.

Unless, you're asking how anyone can be simultaneously adept at maths and english? Because I don't actually know the answer to that (will this be a nature vs. nurture argument?) but I do know quite a few people who are like that. Most of them female. ;)

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by picaresque
English Advanced 97
English Extension 1 49
English Extension 2 49
Mathematics Extension 1 99
Mathematics Extension 2 95
Modern History 96
History Extension 50
Visual Arts 92

I'm doing the same subjects next year - this is certainly one heck of a standard to follow.

yeah she went to my school - baulko..

i thought she got like 99 for 2u english? i suppose thats hard..

dumbugger

Originally posted by picaresque
HEY!!!

In defence of my school I have to say....they're all pretty nice people???

:D
(damn it pigz......i knew we should have kept our opinions to oursevles!!!)

yeah..JR guys are nice
JR chics are "nicer"
JR is nice overall

(and i think pigz had another meaning when he said "cross the road" ) :p

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Leanne
watcha mean 'views'?
the JR guys have the best views (as in, girls)

anyway, the top mark for English Advanced last yr was 98

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by MaryJane
the reason there are no standard english is coz standard english doesnt get band 6, only band 5 so anyone doing standard automatically eliminates any chance of getting 100
Untrue. It is only coincidence that the past top students in Standard haven't been good enough to obtain 100. Band 6 results are not a prerequisite for a UAI of 100 (though they certainly help) - the top scaled mark in Standard in 2001 was 95, which is good no matter how you look at it.

:eek: how the heck can u b equal in maths and english?
The technical answer would be by having a densely integrated corpus callosum (the bridge between the two halves of your brain), resulting in more neuronic connections between the left (analytical) and right (creative) sides. ;)

It's a rare trait, in my opinion... I've always tried to be balanced. And as an unrelated sidenote, I think law requires a good balance.

Hmm... I also vaguely recall reading an article which linked mental ambidexterity with musicians.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
...The technical answer would be by having a densely integrated corpus callosum (the bridge between the two halves of your brain), resulting in more neuronic connections between the left (analytical) and right (creative) sides. ;)

It's a rare trait, in my opinion... I've always tried to be balanced. And as an unrelated sidenote, I think law requires a good balance.

Hmm... I also vaguely recall reading an article which linked mental ambidexterity with musicians.
hey, if the right brain is creativity, then how come i am a left hander, and i hate english, and love maths?:confused:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by dumbugger

(and i think pigz had another meaning when he said "cross the road" ) :p

no, actually, i meant literally crossing the road :D

damn, i should've gone to jr :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
hey, if the right brain is creativity, then how come i am a left hander, and i hate english, and love maths?:confused:
Don't know. Maybe you should have been right-handed. ;) I think the hand you write with is fairly arbitrary, in reality.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Don't know. Maybe you should have been right-handed. ;) I think the hand you write with is fairly arbitrary, in reality.
i think the fact that i'm left-handed (i.e my right brain influence) reduced my maths skills, so thats why i'm crap at both english and maths.:(

stressed monkie

im a random
i noticed alot of them did ancient history does that scale better than other subjects.

btw the james ruse guys aren't all bad looking and thinking bout it we gotta be nice to them cause they'll probably be our bosses in several years *frightning thought* lolz

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by stressed monkie
btw the james ruse guys aren't all bad looking and thinking bout it we gotta be nice to them cause they'll probably be our bosses in several years *frightning thought* lolz
not while i'm around :cool::D:p:)

UncleBoris

hey peoples welcome i'm new (not the place to b introducing myself so i'll get straight to the point):D

Say for example if my average HSC exam scores for all of my subjects ends up in the mid 80s... right and my school submitted marks (on average) end up being in the high 80s to low 90s... what UAI could i roughly get?? (I do English Advanced, Modern History, IPT, Multimedia, Ancient History, and History Extension 1)). any ideas of even getting anywhere near that 'perfect score' of 100? :D

Also I heard that for practical subjects (like what i'm doing - Industrial Technology Multimedia) gets scaled down HEAPS by UAC... can anyone please clarify that for me??

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The submitted marks aren't used except for determining ranking and relative differences between students.

The assessment marks become moderated and can change significantly.

If you are achieving mid 80's in the HSC exam, you will not get 100 UAI.

Originally posted by UncleBoris
Also I heard that for practical subjects (like what i'm doing - Industrial Technology Multimedia) gets scaled down HEAPS by UAC... can anyone please clarify that for me??
They do scale down a fair bit if you perform poorly in them. If you do very well in those subjects, then it's not a problem, you will overcome any significant scaling down.

scandal

HSC
You need to go to university and get a degree just to understand scaling.

Hopefully some of u can help me with my problem

I am ranked first in advanced english out of about 60 students, my assessment mark was around 95 or something and i go to a school ranked around 100. Im not really confident about the english exams last week, i doubt ill get over 90 as a raw mark - have i stuffed my chances of getting a good mark for english or will my rank/assesment mark be enough to get me a band 6 and a mark over 98?

Thanks

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by scandal
You need to go to university and get a degree just to understand scaling.

Hopefully some of u can help me with my problem

I am ranked first in advanced english out of about 60 students, my assessment mark was around 95 or something and i go to a school ranked around 100. Im not really confident about the english exams last week, i doubt ill get over 90 as a raw mark - have i stuffed my chances of getting a good mark for english or will my rank/assesment mark be enough to get me a band 6 and a mark over 98?

Thanks
Well, since you are ranked 1st, u will get whoever's exam mark was the best (from your class of 60 ppl) as your moderated assessment mark. Your exam mark will be watever ur aligned mark is. Whether or not that is good enough for band 6 depends on how well u and the rest of your group did (if infact u didnt get the top exam mark)

LaTrobe

Hey,

I know its a bit late, but was wondering if i have a chance for 100 UAI. I goto Waverley College and my marks are:

Modern History 79/100 1st
History Extension 46/50 1st
English Advance 78/100 6or7th
English Extension 33/50 8th
Studies of Religion 2unit 81/100 3rd
IPT around 80/100 3rd

I know my extension is english is goin bad but im actually good at it, plus my advanced should be able to make up for it.
Seriously, i think i have a chance at a hundred...My modern history teacher, the great Dom said so as well. What do you guys think?:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

Leon585

HSC
Originally posted by LaTrobe
Hey,

... I goto Waverley College
I know my extension is english is goin bad but im actually good at plus my advanced should be able to make up for it...

Seriously, i think i have a chance at a hundred...My modern history teacher, the great Dom said so as well.

yeh, you do man, waverley usually gets around 10-15 one hundreds so id say your chances are pretty good, plus your advanced english marks are excellent, so yeh id gamble the house on you getting a plus 99 score, but 100 is not out of the question

Dom, is a smart man, not unlike lyons...

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
yeah i think you're in a better position than that pigs guy... who's he trying to impress anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)