the perks of an awesome atar and very happy parents (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Got $1k from neighbours. Apparently they're quite well funded. Haven't received anything from parents yet. :p
Your neighbours are very generous. What would I get from my neighbours? Probably a pat on the back and a thumbs up which is symbolises $1000. ;)

wendybird

HSC
The privilege of not being mocked by other asian parents.
I gotta say. THIS. hahaha. :haha:

Though my parent's are so pleased that they're basically funding all my shopping trips. (I'm talking 100s per trip :p). I'm probably also getting a Macbook Pro (justified by uni apparently)...however I have yet to convince them to get me a dog. Apparently it will take my sister also getting my ATAR in order for that to happen :p

jaychouf4n

HSC
Whenever I want money I just say my ATAR and they're like fine...

Having an awesome ATAR is LEGENDARY :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know... omg seriously like the last asian parent I met asked for my ATAR before asking for my name... I'm just thinking, What does it matter to you??
HAHAHAHAHA. Does this asian parent even know you? :p

mckensara

HSC
my parents were STOKED for about a day.

then its back to "sarah, you wont be good enough to do Xcombined degree with law, just do arts then you wont fail".
sigh.

lynton

HSC
I got a well done out of my parents, $100 dollars from my grandparents and i think i gave them bragging rights over all the other oldies grandchildren. Dont you hate proud grandparents :chainsaw:

jet

Banned
HSC
I got a well done out of my parents, $100 dollars from my grandparents and i think i gave them bragging rights over all the other oldies grandchildren. Dont you hate proud grandparents :chainsaw:
Mine told half of Woy Woy/Umina about my first in course award before I even got to the ceremony. So much for keeping it a secret :p

lynton

HSC
Mine told half of Woy Woy/Umina about my first in course award before I even got to the ceremony. So much for keeping it a secret :p
Hahaha but you did awesome man! It gets a bit annoying and embarrassing sometimes with me, because im humble and they have to tell everybody.. i didnt even go that great anyway lol

jet

Banned
HSC
Hahaha but you did awesome man! It gets a bit annoying and embarrassing sometimes with me, because im humble and they have to tell everybody.. i didnt even go that great anyway lol
I know. I don't like it because I don't like telling people. I feel bad when someone gets 85 and get into their course and do really well, and then they ask me what I got, because it would probably make them feel miniscule in comparison.

+ my grandparents are never clandestine when asking my sister what it feels like to go to my school/have high expectations. Which just makes me feel like crap.

bettina44

HSC
bettina what did you get??
nothing as of yet =( they better get me something decent this christmas though **cough** iphone and car **cough**

Got $1k from neighbours. Apparently they're quite well funded. Haven't received anything from parents yet.
do tell us where u live so we too can scab a grand =D

$200 bonus from my boss and kudos from my parents.
woww generous boss

Last edited:

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
They put me in the paper and on the news in my tiny town. Pretty much a celebrity now. Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)