• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the pill (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
This has probably been asked before but is it that important to take the pill at the same time every day?

Also, I just started it 2 months ago, before that I had 2 Depo Vera shots, after my first packet when i was on sugar pills i didn't get my period and started the second packet, I asked my dr. and she said that it's probbly cause depo hasn't worn off completely- still, should I be worried?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah you should be taking it at the same time everyday. from memory, i think my pill booklet says that if you dont get your period and you havent missed any pills, have been taking them at the same time every day and you havent thrown up at any time then you should be ok and to keep taking it as normal.

The book also says:

Missed a tablet in week one: you could be pregnant if youve had sex in the past week, use other protection during sex for the next week.

Missed a tablet from week two: you should still be protected

Missed a tablet from week 3: skip the sugar pills and continue on with active tablets.

rozymisty

HSC
I knew that you could skip a period for a while but wtih my history i didnt know if thats what she wanted me to do. Coz to be honest if i skip a period for ages, and then get a spotting and then proper period, i am nervous that its going to be a killer period. At least i will save money on tampons etc....coz gee i spend a fortuen on those lol.
Though since you dont know when u could get a period, im scared taht ill be out and id get a bit of spotting and have to wear a liner just in case.....

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
wait i'm a little confused
how are you guys skipping periods?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i actually dont get any spotting whatsoever even though i regularly skip for three months

you skip yr period by staying on active tablets rather than taking sugar pills

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i see
and when you take the sugar pills and then your period stops, do you have to wait that week until your protected from falling pregnant?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
no

your period doesn't "stop", it just doesn't come at all.

the sugar pill is like your "week off" from the active pill, which means you get your period. In order to skip your period, before you start your sugar pills, you go straight on to the active ones.

Your sugar pills ARE NOT the 7 coloured ones (ones highlighted red [or green if yasmin]). Read pamphlets woman!

And if you skip, provided that you are taking it regularly and at the same time everyday, you are protected from falling pregnant.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i did but it didn't mention this and my doctor didn't explain it?

ok i'm confused as fuck
so
i'll just keep taking the pill and see what happens

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
basically, as long as you stay on the active pills (they should be a different colour, mine are yellow whereas the sugar pills are white) you wont get yr period.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
ah i see
thanks for clearing that up :)

but how would you know whether your pregnant or not

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
well its not like you are skipping it forever, and i guess if you still dont bleed after three months than you should be really worried. but instead of missing a period i look for signs that something has changed when taking it- like feeling nauseous immediately after or in the morning.

Also, i know that a lot if girls get spotting when they skip but i wouldnt be worried if you dont because i never have, and have been skipping every three months for almost a year now. Normally when I take it I get cramps in the week where i would ordinarily be on sugar pills so its a sign that everything is normal.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
it probably seems so simple to you, but atm it's all a little complex lol

i just began the pill - i got my period a few days ago and that's when the dr said i should start. so i'll just see how it goes

thanks !

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
the best thing you can possibly do is read the little booklet thing that came with it. doooooit!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
housah0lic said:
it probably seems so simple to you, but atm it's all a little complex lol

i just began the pill - i got my period a few days ago and that's when the dr said i should start. so i'll just see how it goes

thanks !
yep start on the active pill when ur period starts... then use barrier protection for the first few weeks...

just keep wearing condoms as a general rule... better to stop you gettin something nasty

girloflowers

HSC
Urgh. I'm on the pill for both cramps and contraception and have been for a while.
Its good i guess because i no longer get cramps and i'm not pregnant, but I gained like

5-8 kilos! and suddenly i have D cup boobs.
There goes any chance I had at modelling.
*grumble*

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
That can be a reaction to some formulations of the pill. Ask your doctor for a different one.

(I went on Monofeme for cramps/contraception. Gained no weight)

girloflowers

HSC
:/ I'm on monofeme too!
I shall talk to her though, these boobs (whilst amusing to distract boys with haha) are just annoying and get in the way.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I had a pretty rude female doctor re the pill. I went to see her as I was on a generic one and had put on about 8kgs and my skin was fairly shit. I asked her about Yasmin as I'd heard it was good and she told me she wasn't going to change me because weight gain had nothing to do with the pill and everything to do with lifestyle choices. I thought that was pretty rude.
So I went to another doctor and she gave me 3 months free trial of Yasmin. I've been feeling a bit nauseus every night and every now and then, but my skin has cleared up. It didn't make me lose weight I don't think- I have lost some but I'm more inclined to think that's cause I've been eating healthy and exercising.
Thing is, my 3 months supply runs out soon, and I don't know whether it's worth it to stay on Yasmin, but I don't want to go back to the generic pill incase I put on 493249328432890432kgs after working really hard to keep it off?
Gah =)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Hollieee said:
I had a pretty rude female doctor re the pill. I went to see her as I was on a generic one and had put on about 8kgs and my skin was fairly shit. I asked her about Yasmin as I'd heard it was good and she told me she wasn't going to change me because weight gain had nothing to do with the pill and everything to do with lifestyle choices. I thought that was pretty rude.
So I went to another doctor and she gave me 3 months free trial of Yasmin. I've been feeling a bit nauseus every night and every now and then, but my skin has cleared up. It didn't make me lose weight I don't think- I have lost some but I'm more inclined to think that's cause I've been eating healthy and exercising.
Thing is, my 3 months supply runs out soon, and I don't know whether it's worth it to stay on Yasmin, but I don't want to go back to the generic pill incase I put on 493249328432890432kgs after working really hard to keep it off?
Gah =)
Are you in a position to be able to afford yasmin in the long term? If so, I'd say stay with it, or perhaps try a few different cheaper ones to see if you can find one with similar effects for you?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Hollieee said:
Gah =)
Well, if the new pill didn't make you lose weight much, the female doctor is probably right, it is lifestyle choices. Bigger people just don't like hearing that.

And anyway, weight gain on the pill tends to be absosultely minimal, not 8 kilos. You probably just let yourself go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)