the pill (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
Does it help with cramps at all?
The Doctor suggested it, because I'm not sexually active but I need to reduce the cramping, but I don't know if it would actually work :S

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I've never had an issue with cramping but I have heard it can help (though for others I think it can cause cramps!). Talk to your doctor about it and you might just have to go through a few different types before you find one that works for you.

*Baby-K*

HSC
jennieTalia said:
Does it help with cramps at all?
The Doctor suggested it, because I'm not sexually active but I need to reduce the cramping, but I don't know if it would actually work :S
I guess everyone is different.
I still get cramps :( ouch

jennieTalia

HSC
em_516 said:
I've never had an issue with cramping but I have heard it can help (though for others I think it can cause cramps!). Talk to your doctor about it and you might just have to go through a few different types before you find one that works for you.
Yikes causing them :O

Well... my doctor suggested it in passing (But my mum is way not keen)

what sort of types are there? I really don't want to end up having weight gain/ bad skin side effects :S

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Ok thanks. Yeah, I'll see how I go with schoolies, but fingers crossed that everything is just awesome with no side-effects (I can hope can't I?).
also, I'm not an excessive drinker or anything, but my 18th is this weekend and then schoolies - so I'll be drinking at least a bit. Do you know if alcohol affects the pill? I've looked on the net and it says no - it only affects your decision making and memory (for taking the pill) and if you throw up thast bad (but I'm not intending to do that). But any experiences? I'm on the pill for contraception (long-term relationship), but intend to combine it with condoms for the first month or so...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I drink all the time on the pill, woo! *budding alcoholic* Read the packet but I'm sure it's fine. But yes, if you vomit the pill is ineffective (you won't get your period, but contraception-wise it's iffy). Good idea with the condom during the first month, but if you vomit, condom it for a week or so just to be sure (pretty sure the instructions talk about this somewhere though, definitely read them!).

jennieTalia, I don't know, I've only ever been on the one pill. Talk to your doctor. Good luck persuading your mum, though I don't see why she should be against them. Maybe research the pros and push them to strenghten your argument :p

jennieTalia

HSC
em_516 said:
I drink all the time on the pill, woo! *budding alcoholic* Read the packet but I'm sure it's fine. But yes, if you vomit the pill is ineffective (you won't get your period, but contraception-wise it's iffy). Good idea with the condom during the first month, but if you vomit, condom it for a week or so just to be sure (pretty sure the instructions talk about this somewhere though, definitely read them!).

jennieTalia, I don't know, I've only ever been on the one pill. Talk to your doctor. Good luck persuading your mum, though I don't see why she should be against them. Maybe research the pros and push them to strenghten your argument :p
true ahaha. I think my Mum reckons it will encourage me to sleep around or something :O :S

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hmm I'm thinking of going back on the pill because my period has been fucked up since I got off it. Do not appreciate irregularity.

But we'll see. I always broke out when on Monofeme so I'd have to get something different, and it's all trial and error when starting new pills. I wouldn't mind going up a cup size and putting on some weight, though.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Yeah, I must admit I'm worried about the weight gain thing. I'm happy with my weight and I'm already a 10DD/E so dont think I need much more in the boob department. Also, my mum was telling me that when she was on the pill she got a dark pigment patch on her face (and it went away when she went off it). Info on the net says that can happen, but I've never heard of it happening to anyone else, have you?

Also I don't think going on the pill encourages you to sleep around, I mean you kind of have to be sleeping with the one person (or I supoose a select few) becasue it doesn't protect against STIs.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
scarybunny said:
Hmm I'm thinking of going back on the pill because my period has been fucked up since I got off it. Do not appreciate irregularity.

But we'll see. I always broke out when on Monofeme so I'd have to get something different, and it's all trial and error when starting new pills. I wouldn't mind going up a cup size and putting on some weight, though.
If you break out a lot on the pill, try one of the ethinyloestradiol/cyproterone ones. Like diane or estelle

jennieTalia

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Yeah, I must admit I'm worried about the weight gain thing. I'm happy with my weight and I'm already a 10DD/E so dont think I need much more in the boob department. Also, my mum was telling me that when she was on the pill she got a dark pigment patch on her face (and it went away when she went off it). Info on the net says that can happen, but I've never heard of it happening to anyone else, have you?

Also I don't think going on the pill encourages you to sleep around, I mean you kind of have to be sleeping with the one person (or I supoose a select few) becasue it doesn't protect against STIs.
True ahaha. And as I think... theres easier methods of contra than the pill :S. And I'm not really thinking about that atm anyway.

I haven't heard of the pigment thing, but I may look into it. Why would that happen?

BlueGiraffe

HSC
jennieTalia said:
True ahaha. And as I think... theres easier methods of contra than the pill :S. And I'm not really thinking about that atm anyway.

I haven't heard of the pigment thing, but I may look into it. Why would that happen?
Yeah there are easier methods I suppose, but I don't like abstinence, I dont really trust condoms and the Implant and Injection are scary coz you can't stop them whenever you want. For me I think the pill is the go, definately need to give it a chance anyway.

Appartently going on the pill makes you more susceptible to the sun and with lots of exposure little dark pigment things might come out. I dont think its a common side effect, but not a nice one.

jennieTalia

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Yeah there are easier methods I suppose, but I don't like abstinence, I dont really trust condoms and the Implant and Injection are scary coz you can't stop them whenever you want. For me I think the pill is the go, definately need to give it a chance anyway.

Appartently going on the pill makes you more susceptible to the sun and with lots of exposure little dark pigment things might come out. I dont think its a common side effect, but not a nice one.
Ohhh okay.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. You'd have to be liberal with the spf then ahaha.

Maybe I will try the pill. If things change in the chaste department then it would possibly be a nice backup. Although I think a physical barrier would bode well with me. (I have an almost irrational fear of STI's)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
An almost irrational fear of STIs? Lol, just got the best image... But, I think you'd be pretty safe if you're just doing it with the one person... also we've all had that cervical cancer vaccination and that protects against most genital warts :uhhuh: which is a plus.
Lol, when I was at the doctor to get my pill prescription, I took my boyfriend (of almost 3 years) and the doctor asked if I wanted a chalmida test... I said no... lol but how was I supposed to get chalmida when we have only had sex with each other...
But I also like the idea of the barrier method because you can actually see it working... and as opposed to STIs, I have an intense fear of pregnancy :p
But it does make sense to be scared of these things... they're permanent.

Last edited:

girloflowers

HSC
That's exactly why I'm on the pill, I am terrified of getting pregnant.
I wish there was a temporary way of having ones tubes tied!! haha

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I agree! I also want there to be more that guys can do besides tie their tubes or have a vasectomy... They're working on a male pill and male injections... Just not quickly enough.

girloflowers

HSC
yeah that'd be cool eh?
I kinda wish the pill hadn't made me gain weight though, i went from being super thin to having this insane hourgass figure which makes finding clothes kind of difficult.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
But an hour glass figure can't be too bad.
I'm starting mine asap, and am yet to see what it will do to me. But I'm determined to not gain weight... But when I start taking the pill the HSC will finish and I'll go back tot he gym and be outside heaps more, so I'm thinking ti will even out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)