the pill (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
I'm not an excessive drinker or anything, but my 18th is this weekend and then schoolies - so I'll be drinking at least a bit. Do you know if alcohol affects the pill? I've looked on the net and it says no - it only affects your decision making and memory (for taking the pill) and if you throw up thast bad (but I'm not intending to do that). But any experiences? I'm on the pill for contraception (long-term relationship), but intend to combine it with condoms for the first month or so...
it can, yes. my doctor has mentioned many times how excessive drinking can effect its absorption. i'm pretty sure you shouldnt take it when you are feeling sick in your stomach, either. like em said, if you throw up you may not be protected depending on how long time has passed since you have taken it. the booklet says that if you skip an active pill / vomit in the first week of active pills (i mean in every cycle not just the first time you take it) then you may be pregnant if you have had sex in the last week and to wear a condom for the week afterwards.

girloflowers

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
But an hour glass figure can't be too bad.
I'm starting mine asap, and am yet to see what it will do to me. But I'm determined to not gain weight... But when I start taking the pill the HSC will finish and I'll go back tot he gym and be outside heaps more, so I'm thinking ti will even out.
lol i'm a size 8 wiast and then size 12 T&A, so i have to get size 8 waist skit and then spend like 10 minutes wriggling just to get it on... though i will admit it looks nice >.<

and yeah i haven't been exercising as much as i used to... i should eh!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Born Dancer said:
it can, yes. my doctor has mentioned many times how excessive drinking can effect its absorption. i'm pretty sure you shouldnt take it when you are feeling sick in your stomach, either. like em said, if you throw up you may not be protected depending on how long time has passed since you have taken it. the booklet says that if you skip an active pill / vomit in the first week of active pills (i mean in every cycle not just the first time you take it) then you may be pregnant if you have had sex in the last week and to wear a condom for the week afterwards.
Oops! Didn't realise alcohol affected absorption. Ah well, never used it as contraception anyway and am about to go off it for a while.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Lol that could be a problem, I'm a light weight already. What's this about dietary fibre?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm finding I can apparently hold my liquor very well on the pill. It'll knock me flat the next day but at the time I don't feel much even if I have quite a bit. And I'm usually the kind of person who starts tripping over stuff after like 5 drinks so it's an improvement of sorts

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Like I said, it's because of the hormones. It delays alcohol absorption into the blood, which means you drink more than you normally would, or feel the effects less.

:)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
It's odd that you say you feel the effects less becasue I've read on numerous sites things like:

"Studies have shown that alcohol does not decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills. Conversely, studies have shown that taking the birth control pill affects the way women's bodies process alcohol, leading to higher blood alcohol concentrations and intensifying the effects of intoxication."

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I have just been prescribed some antibotics - I know my pill wont be effective while I am taking them and for a while after but can anyone tell me how much breakthrough bleeding to expect...will it be more like spotting or a full on period?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
i just recently restarted the pill after a natural (for lack of a better word) period. i only was on it for a few days and then missed a day or so out of forgetfulness. i'm spotting but it is very heavy like a normal period. should i wait it out and restart the active pills, or start them straight away?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ambermorn said:
i just recently restarted the pill after a natural (for lack of a better word) period. i only was on it for a few days and then missed a day or so out of forgetfulness. i'm spotting but it is very heavy like a normal period. should i wait it out and restart the active pills, or start them straight away?
straight away

although if it's very heavy = mebbe time to see your doctor

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh I would keep taking the active pills (read the packet for what you should and shouldn't take re: whether to double up) but if you keep getting heavy bleeding despite taking a day or two of the pill then stop and have your pseudo-period.

I had spotting once, only I didn't forget any pills, and I let it go on for like a week. The doctor couldn't really tell me anything so I went off it and I guess let my body flush itself out and then went back on it and was fine again *lovely story* haha.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
melsc said:
I have just been prescribed some antibotics - I know my pill wont be effective while I am taking them and for a while after but can anyone tell me how much breakthrough bleeding to expect...will it be more like spotting or a full on period?
Only some antibiotics mess with your pill. Ask your doctor.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Just got a script for yaz.

Pity that I have to wait my next period to start it. Those bitches are so irregular it could be 2 months away.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bump

Is it ok to start the placebo pills (say one or two) and then jump back on the pill if you want to skip your period but won't be able to pick up the next batch in time to just keep going? Or should you just deal with the period and get over it.

Pace_T

HSC
will the parents know if you're on it cos you use the family medicare card?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Pace_T said:
will the parents know if you're on it cos you use the family medicare card?
huh?

idk, if they're cool parents they shouldn't care, my mum got over it

but anyone our age should really have their own card

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
scarybunny said:
Just got a script for yaz.

Pity that I have to wait my next period to start it. Those bitches are so irregular it could be 2 months away.
how much is yaz?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
so i have a strange problem

i never took the white pills so i could skip my period. however, it came anyway. it stayed for 2 weeks. i continued taking the pill as per normal before deciding a couple of days ago i should stop taking the pill and see what happens.
today i got my period again, heavy flow.

was that breakthrough bleeding or fucking what cos it was like a normal, light period for 2 weeks straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)