The question of talking (1 Viewer)

Flamethrower

HSC
Listening to people, I find that they talk a load of nonsense in order to avoid the "awkward silence"

that is delved into by the film Pulp Fiction, Mia and Vincent discuss awkward silences after a pause in their conversation at Jackrabbit Slim's/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awkward_silence#cite_note-6
“ Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: Hate what?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit? In order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you found somebody really special, when you can just shut the fuck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence

This nonsense includes pretending to be ignorant in order continue the communication, talking about sports and cars that are pretty much pointless IMO, why watch sport when you can play it unless you feel somesort of frenzy in being a supporter which I don't or talking about cars in great detail? Talking about what other people have done, I don't care, that pretty much leaves most things out to talk about ....thus there is the awkward silence.

So does everyday communication within society require one to engage in pointless articulation of pointless ideas and observations? Enlighten me pl0x. It seems theres nothing much to talk about unless your discussing "knowledge" rather than pointless social ......

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I fucking hate silences, its boring

if i have to wait 20 min plus for a bus or something i'll get a convo going with a complete stranger, passes the time quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)