The rejects (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
EY would have made offers for any TMP potentials a couple of weeks ago...they usually call you up straight after the assessment centre.
I assume that they would screen out any bias in universities prior to the assessment centre. Would I be incorrect in this assumption of the common allegations?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Not sure about these allegations but at my assessment centre, there was a sole UWS'er and all my other assessment centres for other Big4, I have not met a single UWS'er or heard anyone being introduced as from UWS. Everyone seemed to be from UTS/UNSW/USYD.

I can't say anything about bias obviously cos I have no clue but that was my experience.

On another note, they haven't offered for SGM yet??? A few of my friends are waiting on it and are losing hope since EY has the tendency to call ASAP.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what's SGM? is that the management-oriented one? i think thats what my friend got an offer in

edit: he got a job for strategic growth markets

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
what's SGM? is that the management-oriented one? i think thats what my friend got an offer in

edit: he got a job for strategic growth markets
SGM is strategic growth markets

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Stas, have you heard from P & G yet? I met someone at KPMG who was into the next round for P&G (problem solving or something??) and she said there is only one position?! Wtf..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Stas, have you heard from P & G yet? I met someone at KPMG who was into the next round for P&G (problem solving or something??) and she said there is only one position?! Wtf..
2 positions in marketing for 1,800 applicants. it's very competitive.

ive passed the problem solving phase, and am through to the next round. should find out if i got into the interviews phase tomorrow/friday

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was about to post here about being a reject for the last firm I applied for (out of 3) but I just got an offer. Wheeeeeeeeee! Clean sweep =)

Did you have your final round yet Conspiracy?

Edit: Reading up on old threads, it sounds like you've already done the vacation program for a Big 4 fim, Conspiracy. What are you applying for now?

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Not sure about these allegations but at my assessment centre, there was a sole UWS'er and all my other assessment centres for other Big4, I have not met a single UWS'er or heard anyone being introduced as from UWS. Everyone seemed to be from UTS/UNSW/USYD.

Yep....when will people learn..it DOES matter what uni you attend. Seriously, people who suggest it doesnt are ruining lives smh

RTTTYTR

HSC
Rorix said:
Yep....when will people learn..it DOES matter what uni you attend. Seriously, people who suggest it doesnt are ruining lives smh
So is that prejudice prior to assessment centre rounds or at the application screening stage?

Conspirocy

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I was about to post here about being a reject for the last firm I applied for (out of 3) but I just got an offer. Wheeeeeeeeee! Clean sweep =)

Did you have your final round yet Conspiracy?

Edit: Reading up on old threads, it sounds like you've already done the vacation program for a Big 4 fim, Conspiracy. What are you applying for now?
nope i had a whole bunch of dates to book my test in so i gave myself time to prepare and booked it for thurs next week - ive been packed with assessments and all that

Yeah I did have work at a Big 4 last summer. I have been applying for a different area - the area i was in took one person last year, the area i cant get into audit takes 45 per year lol i guess sometimes it is luck

EDIT: oh and 3 offers is very nice, congrats on that - who do you think your leaning towards??

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well done sarah :)

will be calling P&G tomorrow for my results

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ETA for my results is now next week on Tuesday :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Conspirocy said:
Yeah I did have work at a Big 4 last summer. I have been applying for a different area - the area i was in took one person last year, the area i cant get into audit takes 45 per year lol i guess sometimes it is luck

EDIT: oh and 3 offers is very nice, congrats on that - who do you think your leaning towards??
Thanks. I'm not sure yet. I'm an extremely indecisive person so although I am lucky, this is somewhat annoying now to make a decision.

So you did vaccie last year? Can you do it more than once? Ohhh you must be doing a 5 yr double degree and applied in your third year and now you're in your 4th year?

stazi said:
well done sarah :)

will be calling P&G tomorrow for my results

Good luck for P&G!!

Conspirocy

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Thanks. I'm not sure yet. I'm an extremely indecisive person so although I am lucky, this is somewhat annoying now to make a decision.

So you did vaccie last year? Can you do it more than once? Ohhh you must be doing a 5 yr double degree and applied in your third year and now you're in your 4th year?

Good luck for P&G!!
4 year double degree worked end of 2nd year - now comming up to the end of my third year - if i dont get anything i think travelling will be a good option

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
stazi said:
2 positions in marketing for 1,800 applicants. it's very competitive.

ive passed the problem solving phase, and am through to the next round. should find out if i got into the interviews phase tomorrow/friday
gawd that's tough odds...best of luck though dude

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Minai said:
gawd that's tough odds...best of luck though dude
yeah they are quite crazy. even getting into the next stage (first interviews) is quite an achievement.

im not that intimidated by the odds though. I truly believe that I am perfect for the company, as they are perfect for me.

Conspirocy

HSC
stazi said:
I truly believe that I am perfect for the company, as they are perfect for me.
I think that if you are going for a job and want to get it, that is the mindframe you have to be in. That is the best tip anyone could get. And being able to answer those two question well, i.e. why are you perfect for the company and why is the company perfect for you, will get you very far.

It is the best attitude to have.

havy

HSC
Sarah168 said:
woot I got an offer!!! at last my efforts have been fruitful!

pete_mate

HSC
so where is everyone working? i got 3 offers and ended up signing pwc audit.

RTTTYTR

HSC
For those that did get offers what do you think got you through (If you don't mind my asking)?

What uni's do you go to?
What's you GPA?
What kind of work experience do you have?
Did you have internal contacts?
How did you structure you STAR responses?
What kind of extra-curricular are you engaged in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)