The Simpsons vs Family Guy (1 Viewer)

The Kaiser

HSC
Yes, I made a thread like this.

I never really liked Family Guy past Season 1 as the "jokes" became stale fast and the show just now relies on crude humour.

The Simpsons (Post season 13) has become stale as well with comedy being just focused on how Homer Simpson getting hurt by everything and plots being rehashed and unrealistic.

That being said I choose the Simpsons because of the awesome classic episodes (Seasons 1-7) and how they effectively satirize the American family lifesyle.

EDIT: Where are the polls?

Last edited:

riotgurl182

HSC
i like family guy because of the randomness, but simpsons is good for jokes

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
family guy ftw. i love the episode when peter buys a car from a caryard and says to lois something like.. "i don't trust these caryards. once my friend bought a car from a caryard, 10 years later, BAMMM... herpes" ahahaha i kill myself laughing everytime i hear it

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Simpson cause its a Classic.
The Simpson -> Family Guy -> American Dad -> Futurama

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
South Park is probably the best, because it has both stupid, crude humour that the everyman can enjoy, and also intelligent satirical humour that the elite like.

Once i said i like south park better than the simpsons, and this girl tried to shoot me down saying south park is shit because its just moronic with toilet humour and no intelectual stimulation. About half the people there started agreeing until the other half started laughing at her foolishness.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
South Park has been really shit of late, as has the Simpsons. Family Guy and American Dad have been shit all along though.
Simpsons > Futurama > South Park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy > American Dad

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Woot, I would have to agree with bazookajoe. Family Guy and American Dad are shit!!!! Futurama>Simpsons>Family Guy>American Dad. However the last few seasons of the Simpsons have been so fucking bad it's painful to experience.

HSC
Serius said:
South Park is probably the best, because it has both stupid, crude humour that the everyman can enjoy, and also intelligent satirical humour that the elite like.

Once i said i like south park better than the simpsons, and this girl tried to shoot me down saying south park is shit because its just moronic with toilet humour and no intelectual stimulation. About half the people there started agreeing until the other half started laughing at her foolishness.
If you think southpark is intellectual you're a dick.

Morbo

HSC
The Simpsons > Futurama > South Park > Drawn Together > Family Guy > King of the Hill >> American Dad (hit-and-miss comedy).

Tysonn

HSC
Family guy is one of the most hideous shows on televison, not the slightest bit funny. I haven't watched a new episode of the Simpsons in years, but the majority of the show has been fantastic.

Still:

Dilbert > Untalkative Bunny > All.

When it comes to animated programmes.

HSC
Hmm....I'd actually go:

Family Guy > Simpsons > South Park > ATHF > Drawn Together > Ren & Stimpy > American Dad > Futurama > King of the Hill (god this is shit)

I don't actually get to watch many of these though tbh.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
dieburndie said:
I don't think we've been watching the same show.
I thought most of season 11 was average at best, but compared to seasons 5-8 (the best seasons imo) they were really bad. The Randy episode about crap was....well, crap. The lice episode was stupid, lesbian episode about 300 sucked, tourette syndrome sucked.
Only good eps the entire season were nigger guy, Butters bicurious and Guitar Hero

HSC
yea I honestly don't get it at all... I mean wtf is it, I can't even tell if it's meant to be funny or some sort of touching hill billy cartoon.

The funniest thing ever to come from family guy was while me and some dudes on the internets were pranking scientology someone had a soundboard that was just hank hill going "BAWBY (bobby)".

family guy is hilarious i hate you guys.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Love King of the hill, one of my favourite shows. Its hard to explain what I like about it. The interaction between Dale and John Redcorn is hilarious. I think its just good storytelling. Stop looking for a fucking gimmick all the time like in those absolutely shit shows American Dad, Family Guy and South Park. Terrible.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Pray tell, what is the "gimmick" in American Dad, Family Guy and South Park?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
lol are you kidding me? a fucking talking fish/dog/gay alien, incessant cutaways and crude/scatological humour, respectively. go watch burns heir, last exit to springfield, and pretty much all of s4/5/6/7, thats real cartoon comedy. notice how the simpsons became funny after the 'cowabunga dude' phase in the first couple of seasons, cartoons these days havent picked up on that.

king of the hill is funny, in an arrested development kind of way. u need to have watched a lot of episodes to get the jokes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)