The Simpsons vs Family Guy (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
...crude humour is a gimmick?
I don't like either Family Guy or American Dad but lol

HSC
most of the lulz in family guy/south park are from the social commentary. BTW if you like the simpsons s2/3/4/5 I think you should like at least some of family guy... a lot of the jokes are replicated.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I like both The Simpsons and Family guy. But, i'll give The simpsons a extra point, because i used to watch it ever since... i cant even remember, a very long time.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Some of the jokes in Simpsons are kind of lame because its aimed at younger kids as well. So I can watch it again and again but the humor doesn't get any more than a 'hehe'.
It's Family Guy that actually makes me go 'LOL WTF', even with multiple watches.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
bazookajoe said:
I thought most of season 11 was average at best, but compared to seasons 5-8 (the best seasons imo) they were really bad. The Randy episode about crap was....well, crap. The lice episode was stupid, lesbian episode about 300 sucked, tourette syndrome sucked.
Only good eps the entire season were nigger guy, Butters bicurious and Guitar Hero
the easter one with the bunny and the pope was really good, it poked holes at stupid conspiracy theories and the idea of the story is great. It was like they just said " hey, what the hell does the easter bunny have to do with jesus?" and then decided to come up with their own explanation.

The homeless episode was pretty good as well, just not as relevant to us as we dont really have a homeless problem in australia.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Serius said:
the easter one with the bunny and the pope was really good, it poked holes at stupid conspiracy theories and the idea of the story is great. It was like they just said " hey, what the hell does the easter bunny have to do with jesus?" and then decided to come up with their own explanation.

The homeless episode was pretty good as well, just not as relevant to us as we dont really have a homeless problem in australia.
its quite the opposite actually. i did community service for part of my hsc curriculum about 3 yrs ago, and actually staying where they all are makes you realise there are just so many of them. you realise they are normal people just like any other commuter in the city, just without the priviliges we've been able to live with. i talked to a few and some of the nicest people i've ever met. being raised in really fucked up situations and led them to drug addictions and mental problems.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Serius said:

Meh I thought it was alright, but again when you compare it to the middle seasons it's not that great. Compared to the rest of tv it's good, but I kinda hold the show in higher standards.

Oh and also, season 12 just started in the US and am just about to watch first ep
EDIT: It sucked.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Since when did the Simpsons revert to 7:30pm timeslots? I caught it by accident yesterday but it might've been happening for a while...anyone care to enlighten me?

KnifeySpoony

HSC
lala2 said:
Since when did the Simpsons revert to 7:30pm timeslots? I caught it by accident yesterday but it might've been happening for a while...anyone care to enlighten me?
Probably ever since there was nothing else to put on, not only that but they replaced the daily 6pm simpsons with ..friends..=.=

Anyway I'd definately have to go with The Simpsons > Family Guy..well the older episodes atleast, because they're genius with their parodies, putting real life situation and satire into it, and have meaning behind it..older episodes are classics i love them i could watch them over and over.

Legham

HSC
I've never really liked South Park. Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and Futurama all kick ass though imo :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The Simpsons manage to parody things very very well. The Citizen Kane/Mr Burns episode was incredible.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
The Simpsons pre season 12/13, mainly the early stuff. Family Guy is okay but its not really my cup of tea.

PsycadelicShack

HSC
Family Guy relies on 'shock tactics' with crude humour, repetitive jokes and cheap parodies in flashbacks.

The Simpsons was groundbreaking (and still is). It's long lasting popularity is due to the vast audience that can relate to it. Many of us watched it as young kids and watch it today, still entertained. The Simpsons was basically the first real show that mocked middle class American families. The Simpsons doesn't take itself seriously, and when it does make mockeries, it is usually lighthearted and with some degree of truth in it. The irony is usually directed back to the characters making the mockery, to reflect how mislead we can often be.
When Family Guy parody someone, it is usually insulting, uncalled for and basically a desperate plea for laughs. The situations that they have in the parodies are usually so far from the truth that it becomes immature and downright ridiculous.

Take Meg & Lisa for instance. Lisa is often the heroine in the episode, while Meg is basically just a device for cheap laughs and a character that is constantly put down.

Family Guy is not a show that a family can sit down and enjoy together, as their attempts to be 'funny' are usually a crude stab at a minority. The Simpsons is humourous, lighthearted, ironic and moral at the same time. I'd trust it to entertain me, no matter what the episode is.

mischievous90

HSC
love both of this shows lolz... but i prefer d Simpson though.... but then there's family Guy.... so i dont know lolz

Anonymou$

HSC
Family Guy>South Park>American Dad>Futurama>The Simpsons>Drawn Together>King Of The Hill(LMAO)

Family Guy is a little bit better than South Park.
The Simpsons has gotten boring.

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
The Simpsons FTW. Particularly the older seasons. The newer ones have lost some of the original touch, but they're better than Family Guy by far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)