• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The stress of doing well in your exams (2 Viewers)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Good luck guys,

Idk, I suppose it's nice to have the assessment nicely spread out.

HSC
I'm feeling unnaturally calm, despite requiring a lot of maths revision. It's such a foreign feeling...

LonelyWolf

HSC
n_n Yeah it's not a very common subject combination. If you need any help, or just want to have a chat about anything for English / Modern / Ancient / Religion, more than happy to. What options / texts / topics are you doing for English / Modern / Ancient / Religion? What sort of degree / career path are you looking at after the HSC? (Yeah I'm procrastinating and refusing to do work for my Ancient Exam tomorrow.)
haha cheers for the help.

Texts/Topics for subjects:

English: Shoe Horn Sonata by John Misto, pretty easy, saw a live play of it yesterday in Newtown, Sydney. Thats the only thing we're doing the HY's. Last term we did the film Witness by Peter Weir.
Modern: Currently doing Germany 1918 - 1933, just finished doing all of WW1. We have to do a speech instead of exam for Hy's which i thought would be alright, but it seems a little too extensive.
Ancient: Currently doing Greece 500 to 440BC. It mainly focuses on the conflicts between the Greek's and Persian's. Also doing a speech instead of exam for this, pretty much the exact same as the Modern one.
Religion: Just fnished doing the whole of Islam, right now we're doing Christianity. The exam we have to do isn't really on all of Islam, but rather bioethics and for Christianity the essay's on Paul of Tarsus. Exam's only 1 hour long lol

My HY's are in two weeks, i've timed myself quite well and the resources section helped me immensely with the notes for Business studies, SOR1, Standard English. I'm pretty fucked for maths, my teacher is horrible, and i don't mean this in that he's a dickhead to anyone, its just that he can't control a class or get any actual work done. i Should have dropped it, QQ'n over it.

Degree wise, I desperately want to get into a good uni such as UTS, USYD, UNSW (is a bit of a trek). I would love to do the international studies course at UTS. I really want to study overseas or work overseas, preferably Canada or Germany. I guess i would combine that with something in business or commerce. To get into something like that i'd need a 90+ ATAR, which i really don't think i'll get. So to set a realistic aim, i'll try to get 85 + (or whatever mark is suitable) to get into Arts at USYD, its really simple and i can change after first year to international studies or whatever i want. I know what i want to study, but don't know what job.

How about you?

Hope you go (went*) well today!

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
haha cheers for the help.

Texts/Topics for subjects:

English: Shoe Horn Sonata by John Misto, pretty easy, saw a live play of it yesterday in Newtown, Sydney. Thats the only thing we're doing the HY's. Last term we did the film Witness by Peter Weir.
Modern: Currently doing Germany 1918 - 1933, just finished doing all of WW1. We have to do a speech instead of exam for Hy's which i thought would be alright, but it seems a little too extensive.
Ancient: Currently doing Greece 500 to 440BC. It mainly focuses on the conflicts between the Greek's and Persian's. Also doing a speech instead of exam for this, pretty much the exact same as the Modern one.
Religion: Just fnished doing the whole of Islam, right now we're doing Christianity. The exam we have to do isn't really on all of Islam, but rather bioethics and for Christianity the essay's on Paul of Tarsus. Exam's only 1 hour long lol

My HY's are in two weeks, i've timed myself quite well and the resources section helped me immensely with the notes for Business studies, SOR1, Standard English. I'm pretty fucked for maths, my teacher is horrible, and i don't mean this in that he's a dickhead to anyone, its just that he can't control a class or get any actual work done. i Should have dropped it, QQ'n over it.

Degree wise, I desperately want to get into a good uni such as UTS, USYD, UNSW (is a bit of a trek). I would love to do the international studies course at UTS. I really want to study overseas or work overseas, preferably Canada or Germany. I guess i would combine that with something in business or commerce. To get into something like that i'd need a 90+ ATAR, which i really don't think i'll get. So to set a realistic aim, i'll try to get 85 + (or whatever mark is suitable) to get into Arts at USYD, its really simple and i can change after first year to international studies or whatever i want. I know what i want to study, but don't know what job.

How about you?

Hope you go (went*) well today!
My apologies for the late response.
Woah. We do similar texts / topics for English, Modern, and Religion. For Ancient we're looking more at Egypt rather than Greece. In terms of Religion we're just finishing up the Christianity depth study and will soon move onto Islam (I think, or either Buddhism).

Best of Luck with your half yearlies! I just have an Ancient exam to go then I'm all done! :D :D :D Feeling goooooood. Best of luck surviving through Maths, (so glad, I didn't risk picking it up again).

University wise, I'm still torn. It's either an Ancient History Honours at Macquarie or a Bachelor of Historical Inquiry and Practice at University of England (bit of a move, so still debating). Hopefully something more concrete will be deciding upon by the end of the year. n_n

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
how is everyone coping with the half yearlys coming up? Do you feel like the need to do well since it goes to your school assessment mark?

Btw, how much hrs of study do you do in a week. Currently I've been just doing homework so any advice?
Coping was fine.
Like I don't like know, I like guess so. But seriously yeah. I'm going to get top 5 in everything. Not because I feel I neeed to or am being pressured to, I just will.
Ummm, close to zero hourseof study a week. :L
I played pokemon throughout half yearlies. YAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)