• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Tennis Thread (2 Viewers)

LordPc

HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

it might have gone 5 sets but it was a disappointing match imo. first set was all about nerves. 2nd set was ok. 3rd, 4th and 5th sets were pretty one sided

tennis is about mental and physical toughness, but you dont want those aspects to overshadow the tennis itself. unfortunately, it did in this match

heres waiting for tomorrow night. cmon murray!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

He should have won the first set imo and then he would have won easily.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

fuck yeah, 2 from 2 tonight. The other was for Kirilenko/Radwanska in the doubles. I <3 Kirilenko :eek:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Man, 5th set. Ugh.

Also, I am LOVING Henri Leconte. He makes every match he commentates even more worth watching.
I figure the reason Channel 7 assign him to commentating doubles matches is because noone would watch them otherwise.

shaon0

HSC

Henri Leconte's annoying. Anyways, i think Murray will win the Aus Open this year

wendybird

HSC

That would suck, I hate Murray. He's such a teenager - all immature tantrums and bad facial hair.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

I really hope Cilic beats Murray tonight, it's good to see an underdog in the final.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC

@UltimateSupremo, Nadal is a counter-puncher or otherwise a defensive baseline player. Murray is known for being able to utilise two playing styles, being both an agressive and defensive baseliner whichever suits appropriately against his opponent. If you watched his match against Nadal, he was in control and was on the attack and Nadal was playing as a defensive baseliner. Due to recent times however, Nadal is choosing to play more agressive because of the sheer amount of physical endurance needed for a good counter-puncher. Hewitt is a notable example, he's very quick and does a lot of running which is why he is regarded as one of the fitter players on tour much like Nadal.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC

I really hope Cilic beats Murray tonight, it's good to see an underdog in the final.
i disagree. i dont enjoy watching federer come up against players who have little chance, such as baghdatis and gonzalez. id fully predict cilic to fold if he got to the final, i would predict federer to wrap it up in straight sets with the match not even reaching 2 hours in length

murray is one of the few players with a positive record against federer. who else has a positive record against Fed? nadal, and we all know what happened last year.

the womens finals have been disappointing enough in the last few years. id like to have the mens final actually be a competition

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC

Zheng was slaughtered by Henin, how disappointing. Not at all what I'd expect from a semi final match. Ah well... hopefully Henin goes on to win against Serena.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Zheng was slaughtered by Henin, how disappointing. Not at all what I'd expect from a semi final match. Ah well... hopefully Henin goes on to win against Serena.
51 mins - pretty tragic really. But yeah, Henin to win the title, plz.

Na Li put up a good fight against Serena. Was hoping she'd get through to 3 sets at least, and possibly win - but alas.

Murray to win tonight.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

i disagree. i dont enjoy watching federer come up against players who have little chance, such as baghdatis and gonzalez. id fully predict cilic to fold if he got to the final, i would predict federer to wrap it up in straight sets with the match not even reaching 2 hours in length

murray is one of the few players with a positive record against federer. who else has a positive record against Fed? nadal, and we all know what happened last year.

the womens finals have been disappointing enough in the last few years. id like to have the mens final actually be a competition
Cilic has a similar game to Del Potro though and Del Potro beat Federer in the US Open final.

kyokaku92

HSC

The Chinese players lost, how depressing (Zheng smashed and Li just edged)
I'm rooting for Henin in the final- in 3 close sets

Does anyone get "annoyed" that the same players always make the final of every grand slam?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Does anyone get "annoyed" that the same players always make the final of every grand slam?

Yeah, an Asian singles grand slam champion would have been cool.

Roy9

HSC

Women's tennis is terrible, I thought this was common knowledge

LordPc

HSC

Cilic has a similar game to Del Potro though and Del Potro beat Federer in the US Open final.
thats not really an argument though. Federer served Del Potro up two bagels last year in the quarters.

only if the games are bland. i would rather have another fed v nadal mens final that goes 5 sets than a davydenko v cilic final where one player wins in straight sets.

LordPc

HSC

wow

its just like the murray v nadal match, except this time the defensive role of nadal is being played by murray and the offensive role of murrary is being played by cilic.

cilic will win in 3 sets at this rate

cmon murray

edit: OMFG murray breaks in unbelievable fashion, you can see that he is really fighting for control now

edit2: looks like time on court has caught up with cilic. id put big money down on murray to take this match now. even if cilic takes the 4th set 6-0, i cant see him going to distance

am i the only one watching this match?

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC

wow

its just like the murray v nadal match, except this time the defensive role of nadal is being played by murray and the offensive role of murrary is being played by cilic.

cilic will win in 3 sets at this rate

cmon murray

edit: OMFG murray breaks in unbelievable fashion, you can see that he is really fighting for control now

edit2: looks like time on court has caught up with cilic. id put big money down on murray to take this match now. even if cilic takes the 4th set 6-0, i cant see him going to distance

am i the only one watching this match?
lol, no. I watched it and i knew Murray would win easily after the disappointing first set. By the looks of things, Murray may win the Aus Open if he plays the way he did against Nadal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)