The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Okay after doing quick research, I think I misused the term 'slower'. The more appropriate statement I should have said was that the ball bounces higher on hardcourts than grass courts. Also, I think I see the grass courts as 'slower' because the courts I played in did not have well maintained grass so the soil is not as firm as it should be.
Yeah, ball bounces lower on grass courts. Grass courts also have the tendency for bad bounce.

I don't have anything against Federer lol. In fact, I was lucky enough to see him up close in practice at the Aus Open last week. I just think he's starting to get overrated (no offence as there are clearly a lot of Federer fans here). He's no longer as good or as godly as some people make him out to be (even when he's playing well).

I've had people who fb rage about the opponent everytime Federer gets beaten in a grand slam LOL
I was satisfied with his semi-final run. Like disappointed with his 5 set loss to Murray but bookmakers had Andy as the favourite and they were right.

Like srsly, he's an old man now (31.5 years old.. at this age, Sampras was losing in the early rounds of slams half of the time) so obviously he can't beat his younger rivals.

He's more of ''popular'' than ''overrated''. His popularity is way higher than that of Novak and Andy.

But hey, he did defied the odds last year - Beating Djokovic and Murray back to back to win Wimbledon 2012 so yeah.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC

What do you guys think of Tomic? Following a 3rd round AO open and the APIA title performance he had his licence recently confiscated following the BMW incident a year ago. The saga continues?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

What do you guys think of Tomic? Following a 3rd round AO open and the APIA title performance he had his licence recently confiscated following the BMW incident a year ago. The saga continues?
massive dickhead
will never be world no. 1
will never win a grand slam

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

Tomic is awesome man, typical confident young sportsman - what else do you expect...

bloody nice ferrari too (even though its the older F430)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Tomic is awesome man, typical confident young sportsman - what else do you expect...

bloody nice ferrari too (even though its the older F430)
He keeps it up, he'll have the entirety of Australia cheering against him a la Anthony Mundine.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

He keeps it up, he'll have the entirety of Australia cheering against him a la Anthony Mundine.
hahahahahahahahhaahahhahhhehhehehhiadhisdhomzmxkzxckmxkcmlcxkmlxzcmkmkxlczx222

DancingAnz

HSC

Tomic has gotten so much better this year if you ask me! I'm glad he's stopped doing all that slice-y shit he did throughout the whole AO last year! Still a bit stuck up in my opinion though....

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

Tomic has gotten so much better this year if you ask me! I'm glad he's stopped doing all that slice-y shit he did throughout the whole AO last year! Still a bit stuck up in my opinion though....
+1

Troller

Lol
HSC

Definitely stuck up

Troller

Lol
HSC

Nadal has returned to ATP tennis with a win in doubles with argentine Juan Monaco !!! Yay

ebbygoo

HSC

I went Ausopen this year and last- pretty awesome.
Day 1 + 2 IMO is better, you get to see ALL the big names- they're all still there.
E.g, this year, in two days, saw Federer, Azarenka, Murray, Hewitt, Tipsariv and Ivanovic.
I got a ball signed by Tipsariv, and last year got a photo with Djokovic at the Crown :D
I highly recommend you go, its simply epic.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC

Nadal looks like he's on his way to getting a clean sweep in VTR - hasn't even dropped a set in singles or doubles yet :jump:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Nadal looks like he's on his way to getting a clean sweep in VTR - hasn't even dropped a set in singles or doubles yet :jump:
Weak competition lol.

But he's up against Chardy (the delpo slayer) next.

Troller

Lol
HSC

Cillic wins third Zagreb Title, Gasquet wins Montpellier Title

Troller

Lol
HSC

:( Nadal lost in the final of the VTR Open to Horacio Zeballos 6-7,7-6,6-4

Troller

Lol
HSC

He's ranked 73 , played Davis cup doubles for Argentina so he isn't too bad I guess

Troller

Lol
HSC

Nadal lost in the finals of the doubles with Juan Monaco against Lorenzi and Starace 2-6,4-6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)