RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The p00n thread

remind me who you're cheering for next open so i can bet money on the other guy

you're like eric the octopus but... the opposite

$$$
Well, I betted that Federer would win Wimbledon 2012 to my friend last year.

And I was right.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

I swear, stupid hardcourts are too physically demanding.

Murray's 5 setter with Roger took a toll on his body.

He had to take painkillers and shit before the match... like what even...
Really? It's like you're trying to look for some satisfying excuse for the loss.

For me, hardcourts are more fun to play in. Clay courts and even grass courts are way too slow.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Really? It's like you're trying to look for some satisfying excuse for Federer's loss.

For me, hardcourts are more fun to play in. Clay courts and even grass courts are way too slow.
You mean Andy's loss?

I said the courts were physically demanding on Murray's body....

AND

about Grass being WAY TOO SLOW?

Like wut even.

Sampras, a serve and volleyer, dominated grass. And where do S&Vers succeed? The fastest courts.

Even after Wimbledon got slowed down, it still favours people who like faster surfaces like Roger and Tsonga compared to people like Djokovic.... Djokovic is a mug on grass for a World Number 1 compared to grass greats like Sampras and Federer and Borg. He only won it in 2011 because that was his ultimate peak year but otherwise... Murray & Fed > Novak on grass --> shows how grass isn't at all slow.

Slow courts favours Djokovic's defence but when you reach grass... it hinders people who like 100 shots baseline rallies...

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

Really? It's like you're trying to look for some satisfying excuse for Federer's loss.

Grass courts are the fastest to play on lol

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

about Grass being WAY TOO SLOW?

Like wut even.

Sampras, a serve and volleyer, dominated grass. And where do S&Vers succeed? The fastest courts.

Even after Wimbledon got slowed down, it still favours people who like faster surfaces like Roger and Tsonga compared to people like Djokovic.... Djokovic is a mug on grass for a World Number 1 compared to grass greats like Sampras and Federer and Borg. He only won it in 2011 because that was his ultimate peak year but otherwise... Murray & Fed > Novak on grass --> shows how grass isn't at all slow.
Grass courts are the fastest to play on lol
Grass courts are one of the faster surfaces but relative to hardcourts, grass courts are slower. What I meant to say was that grass courts are too slow for my liking. This is coming from personal experience and having played on both surfaces I'm definitely a hardcourt person.

Slow courts favours Djokovic's defence but when you reach grass... it hinders people who like 100 shots baseline rallies...
I don't agree with this. If that were the case he wouldn't have won so many Australian Open titles which are on faster surfaces.

Last edited:

pt1

HSC

Whats the next grand slam event?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Grass courts are one of the faster surfaces but relative to hardcourts, grass courts are slower. What I meant to say was that grass courts are too slow for my liking. This is coming from personal experience and having played on both surfaces I'm definitely a hardcourt person.

again...

In all srsness,

Depends on what type of hardcourts.

VERY few hardcourts like Cincy MASTERS are faster than Wimbledon's slower grass compared to the faster grass at like Queens.

MOST hardcourts are defs slower than grass courts. And yeah, grass courts should seriously be faster.... Back in the 90s, they seemed faster... (just from watching pete sampras matches at Wimby)

Mainly a product of homogenised surfaces.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

again...

In all srsness,

Depends on what type of hardcourts.

VERY few hardcourts like Cincy MASTERS are faster than Wimbledon's slower grass compared to the faster grass at like Queens.

MOST hardcourts are defs slower than grass courts. And yeah, grass courts should seriously be faster.... Back in the 90s, they seemed faster... (just from watching pete sampras matches at Wimby)

Mainly a product of homogenised surfaces.
Okay after doing quick research, I think I misused the term 'slower'. The more appropriate statement I should have said was that the ball bounces higher on hardcourts than grass courts. Also, I think I see the grass courts as 'slower' because the courts I played in did not have well maintained grass so the soil is not as firm as it should be.

aceer

HSC

Yew I said he would win 3-1 :D

RishBonjour

HSC

why are you so against federer?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

why are you so against federer?
I don't have anything against Federer lol. In fact, I was lucky enough to see him up close in practice at the Aus Open last week. I just think he's starting to get overrated (no offence as there are clearly a lot of Federer fans here). He's no longer as good or as godly as some people make him out to be (even when he's playing well).

I've had people who fb rage about the opponent everytime Federer gets beaten in a grand slam LOL

Last edited:

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

I don't have anything against Federer lol. In fact, I was lucky enough to see him up close in practice at the Aus Open last week. I just think he's starting to get overrated (no offence as there are clearly a lot of Federer fans here). He's no longer as good or as godly as some people make him out to be (even when he's playing well).
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, you were at melbourne park last week? post some pics of fed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)