The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

This is the point where you start feeling empty inside - a time when you go home and you have no tennis to welcome you.

:alone:
the best part of the year is the summer break. cricket and tennis. now my life becomes meaningless for another year. :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

the best part of the year is the summer break. cricket and tennis. now my life becomes meaningless for another year. :(
Pretty much. I'm a bit disappointed that summer wasn't really hot either.

Symbolically, I think this summer has been a bit of a fail for me.

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A

I don't think the Djoko-Nadal AO final was the best but it surely is a standout. Just like the Semi-Final between Djoko-Murray, it was very intense, but if you want a quality match, the 2009 Semi-Final between Verdasco and Nadal is the match to go - I prefer if a match contained lots of winners rather than a long match. With that being said, I hope there is a Djoko-Nadal French Open Final.

carpe_diem

HSC

This is the point where you start feeling empty inside - a time when you go home and you have no tennis to welcome you.

:alone:
Well said.

I don't think the Djoko-Nadal AO final was the best but it surely is a standout. Just like the Semi-Final between Djoko-Murray, it was very intense, but if you want a quality match, the 2009 Semi-Final between Verdasco and Nadal is the match to go - I prefer if a match contained lots of winners rather than a long match. With that being said, I hope there is a Djoko-Nadal French Open Final.
+1

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Federer wins Rotterdam ATP 500 for his 71st TITLE!
This man is still legendary for being able to play at such a level at the age of 30!

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A

Tomic may have just won his 1st Round at Memphis if he had the chance to participate in the SAP open.

carpe_diem

HSC

Murray beat Djokovic! But then he lost to Federer...Congrats to Fed through! He still has it!

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A

Murray upset early in Indian Wells 2012 by none other than Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 64 62 - injury?

acemusic415

HSC

Yay for Ivanovic, knocking out Bartoli in the quarters and Wozniacki in the fourth round. I'm happy for her, it seems that her form is slowly recovering and she's gaining greater confidence in her game again. Hope she destroys Sharapova and I have a feeling Azarenka will go home with another title and more consecutive wins.

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A

Yay for Ivanovic, knocking out Bartoli in the quarters and Wozniacki in the fourth round. I'm happy for her, it seems that her form is slowly recovering and she's gaining greater confidence in her game again. Hope she destroys Sharapova and I have a feeling Azarenka will go home with another title and more consecutive wins.
Yeah... I hope Ivanovic gets back into her original form... its unfortunate that she had a lower back injury against Sharapova. And thus Azarenka is probably going to capture another win to continue her winning streak to 23.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Clay Season is about to start and it's the most highly anticipated clay season in ages.
Nadal wouldn't want Djokovic to take over his position as the king of Clay.
Nadal is expected to defend his French Open crown but can he do so against Djokovic? (whom he has lost to for 7 or 8 consecutive finals)
Will Djokovic win the French Open? Will someone like Federer or Murray stop him from doing so?
Can Federer defend his points by making it into the French Open finals?

So many questions waiting to be answered.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

As someone who kinda watches tennis sometimes, I just hope one thing:

Nadal loses.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

As someone who kinda watches tennis sometimes, I just hope one thing:

Nadal loses.
Djokovic is a man on a mission to do so at the French Open.
Federer vs Nadal at French Open? No chances for Fed.
Murray vs Nadal at French Open? Murray probably can't do it either.

Aysce

HSC

I may not watch tennis much, but I have one thing to say:

FEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDERRRRRRRRRRREEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)