Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

good thing i changed the channel to go! to watch 'worst case scenario'

stosur... should've done better

Marc26

HSC

Stosur can't play here on home turf.. She sucks here in Australia, I don't know why - maybe its a mental thing or just the pressure of needing to succeed gets to her.

Most people who don't play don't know this, but tennis is a physical game just as much as a mental game. You have to break down your opponents physical game, but also mental game too.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Baby Fed & Fed himself.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

http://2013.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ms/index.html

Seedings are out.

Djokovic (1) is in Ferrer (4)'s half so lucky him.... (easiest semis)

The Quarter Final possibility if no upsets happen:
- Djokovic vs Berydch
- Ferrer vs Tipsarevic (easiest quarters)

Federer (2) in Murray's Half (3). So to win AO, Fed gonna have to go against Murray-Djok back to back.

The Quarter Final Possibility:
- Federer vs Tsonga
- Murray vs Del Potro

Dimitrov draws Benneteau (who's seeded)... the guy who was 2 sets up to love against Roger in Wimby 2012 3rd round... Bye bye baby fed in first round....

Marc26

HSC

Lol yeah I saw the draw..
Roger has a very good chance at getting to the finals this year considering his Head to Head against Murray in Grandslams.
Looks like a Djokovic vs Federer final to me.

Dimitrov vs Benneteau should be interesting. So should Goffin vs Verdasco.
Another good match will be Troicki vs Stepanek and also Monfils vs Dolgopolov.

Hewitt has a tough first round against Tipsarevic and if he gets pass him he could get to the third round against Dimitrov/Benneteau
Tomic has a easy draw until the third round where he will be ousted by Fed

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

Tipsarevic on form can cause an upset on some of the higher ranked players imo

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Tipsarevic on form can cause an upset on some of the higher ranked players imo
Anyone can. Even ranked 100 Lukas Rosol (at the time) beat 2nd seed, French Open 2012 Champion, Nadal in Wimbledon 2012 2nd round (Nadal was probs biggest favourite to win Wimby12, with 3 straight wins against World No1. Novak Djokovic in the clay court season)....

But if on form and on fire, it's more likely for:
1. Delpo --> beat Nadal and Federer back to back at his peak USO2009
2. Tsonga & Berdych tied --> these guys haven't beaten 2 members of the Big 4 back to back yet BUT have beaten members of the Big 4 in recent years in slams. Berdych beating Federer in USO2012 quarters and Tsonga beating Federer in Wimby2011 quarters are most recent examples.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Got free corporate tickets in the third row to watch womens singles final in the APIA Sydney Int'l tournament (or whatever it's called). Great job to Radwanska Not a SINGLE game won by Cibulkova and double faulted to lose 6-love 6-love. Seriously fail. Match went for 1 hour 2 minutes- shortest final ever.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

What do you think about Women's Finals being played over five sets instead of three?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

What do you think about Women's Finals being played over five sets instead of three?
five sets of grunting between Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams.

Oh ya.

Got free corporate tickets in the third row to watch womens singles final in the APIA Sydney Int'l tournament (or whatever it's called). Great job to Radwanska Not a SINGLE game won by Cibulkova and double faulted to lose 6-love 6-love. Seriously fail. Match went for 1 hour 2 minutes- shortest final ever.
Double bagel huh?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I actually don't mind the grunting. Then again, everyone was like 'omg vuvuzela' during the 2010 World Cup and I didn't mind that at all.

halapenyo

HSC

nah women's matches regularly finish around the 1 hour mark. it goes even shorter if serena is playing.

seriously i cannot believe that women get paid equal prize money in the grand slams.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

nah women's matches regularly finish around the 1 hour mark. it goes even shorter if serena is playing.

seriously i cannot believe that women get paid equal prize money in the grand slams.
goes to show how weak this WTA era is.

Back then, there were people like Hingis, Graf, Henin, Seles etc.

Look at the ATP and look at the WTA.

Much less upsets in ATP.

xing_1930

HSC
N/A

Given that Federer is in the *bottom* half of the draw, which men's semi-final is he due to play in (provided he makes it). Thursday 24th or Friday 25th???

Also, is there any insight on whether he's due for a day quarter-final or a night quarter final?

(I'm trying to watch Federer play, but any match before ~20th is a tad inconvenient for me...)

Sup3rDry

HSC

Given that Federer is in the *bottom* half of the draw, which men's semi-final is he due to play in (provided he makes it). Thursday 24th or Friday 25th???

Also, is there any insight on whether he's due for a day quarter-final or a night quarter final?

(I'm trying to watch Federer play, but any match before ~20th is a tad inconvenient for me...)
He's in the section with Djokovic. So a possible Djokovic and Federer semi-final again.

And about whether he plays day or night depends on the tournament director. It'll be decided based on his previous matches and other stuff cos as players are given atleast 1 day of rest before their next match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)