The Top Schools Of 2005 (1 Viewer)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Moree Secondary College all the way. Last year, we came in at 412. Do not let that fool you! . It was a trick. However, this is the year that MSC will rise throught the ranks, to at least the top 20. No-one will see it coming. I however have the superior ability to foresee this amazing event, and am warning you now, not to underestimate the power that we have to rise up 400 places or more!

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Hmmm. Pymble Ladies' College has been doing fairly well lately. Apparently this cohort that graduates in '05 are the smartest Pymble has ever seen (yet), so hopefully we'll make the top 10.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to give my opinion on JR. I still think it'll reign for a fair bit longer. As long as the bestof the sixth graders are being fed into there, six years on they will graduate top of the state.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Deus said:
James Ruse.

On another note, why are they training the smartest people in the state to become farmers?
I think it has something to do with Australia's huge farming economy :p

Ok, I just made that post so I could get 2500 post count.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Do you mean the top-ten school for maths in the state? Or a top-ten student? If you mean the former, then is there a list that ranks schools according to subject? Like, how schools rank on specific subjects, like maths, english or chemistry etc...
they release specific ranks for maths and english.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
blackfriday said:
they release specific ranks for maths and english.
Is there a website I can access them at? Do you have a link? Does it have the rankings of every school in the state, or only the top 10 or 20?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
bumbo_hippo said:
lemme ask a Q

do u guyz realli care if ur skool goes up or down?

for me....i realli dont give a rats ass...buh yea...datz proli cuz i hate my skool...so not much a diff for me...if they go up or down...not like u get money for being topz..ur skool mite tho...not like it goes to u...personally!
Some of us have school pride =] It's been built into our culture from day 1. MUST BEAT RUSE!

Danoz The Great

HSC
My school was placed about 120-130 last year, it will definately drop this year let me assure you.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
School rank isn't everything =P I'm looking at the Top20 list atm from last year... didn't realise Priv Girls schools were so good nowadays.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
How do we know what rank our schools came in if they came under the top 200? De La Salle Ashfield was nowhere near the 200, but I want to know where it came.
your schools rank was 462 last year. It had 11 band 6's out of 669 courses undertaken.

punk_tartan

HSC
ranking schools is all well and good but that dosnt take into account how many ppl are at ur school... i go to a smallish private school with only 90 ppl in our year... of course schools like pymble and james ruse are going to be ranked above little schools who have 3 times the number of ppl in the school so just cause rankings are high, it doesnt mean that its the best school going around

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Deus said:
James Ruse.

On another note, why are they training the smartest people in the state to become farmers?
cleary they teach more than just agg there..plus alot farmers are pretty intelligent..thats why they make so much money..

and where is james ruse, i have never heard of it

ill mention kinross wolaroi if it hasnt already been mentioned..if anyone even knows where that is...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
punk_tartan said:
ranking schools is all well and good but that dosnt take into account how many ppl are at ur school... i go to a smallish private school with only 90 ppl in our year... of course schools like pymble and james ruse are going to be ranked above little schools who have 3 times the number of ppl in the school so just cause rankings are high, it doesnt mean that its the best school going around
The schools are ranked by the percentages, so the actual amount of students don't actually matter.

also, Kinross Wolaroi School is ranked 101

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
punk_tartan said:
actually the rankings take into account the size of your school. They take your schools number of band 6's and divide it by the the number of courses taken. The subsequent percentage is how they rank the schools. So James Ruse and co own because they are good, not 'cos they are big.

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Jago said:
The schools are ranked by the percentages, so the actual amount of students don't actually matter.

also, Kinross Wolaroi School is ranked 101
oh..ok..lol my bad but i guess thats still pretty good...were can you find the rankings from last year and is every school in the state on it??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)