The transition form high school to university (1 Viewer)

Dragonangel

HSC
I'm doing Bachelor of Veterinary science this year. I've never been to university before, so I'm a little excited but nervous as well.

I know in university, you don't have teachers breathing down your necks, which is something I honestly will miss. XD It's more independent.

How much more different is uni from high school?

audioxdoll

HSC
lol. Im new this year too.. i think the main difference is you get more holidays and have to be there less :p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
How about study-wise? Like is it more difficult? Not particularly interested in bars...
If you're not interested in bars, then study will be easy for you. :)

No uniform
Your choice whether you go to classes
Topics are more focused

Dragonangel

HSC
If you're not interested in bars, then study will be easy for you. :)

No uniform
Your choice whether you go to classes
Topics are more focused
I'm looking forward to that. ^^ It's good to study something you actually will use in the future, than bloody integration and stuff in maths. x_x

It differs for everyone. For me it's a hell of a lot harder and takes a lot more effort, however since i'm studying what i love i enjoy doing the work.
I see... I guess veterinary science would be kinda intense?

sickk

HSC
integration and differentiation is used alot youll be suprised, calculus has a big impact in economics and other fields, not sure about vet sci but

Dragonangel

HSC
integration and differentiation is used alot youll be suprised, calculus has a big impact in economics and other fields, not sure about vet sci but
Yeah I know, but I meant in relation to my course. :p Yeah, I don't think we'll use it in Vet sci!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
WRONG.
No enclosed shoes, lab coat or safety glasses means no entrance to labs.
It's not really a definitive uniform though. It's more safety equipment. They don't give you set colours though do they? Or certain designs?

In any case:

'Mostly' No Uniform.

:D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know, but I meant in relation to my course. :p Yeah, I don't think we'll use it in Vet sci!
I've just finished 3 commerce subjects, and I think in total I had one question that was math based. :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Do you have to provide your own lab coat and safety goggles?

UNSW needs a travelator between lower and upper campus. So many steps! It is easier to walk up the wheelchair ramps than climb 500 steps!

Dragonangel

HSC
Do you have to provide your own lab coat and safety goggles?

UNSW needs a travelator between lower and upper campus. So many steps! It is easier to walk up the wheelchair ramps than climb 500 steps!
Not sure...

Grrr so much walking in uni!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)